TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

As under supported as the top of the Immelmann is, I wonder if they are going to start placing track on those two supports they already have built after the Immelmann and start working backwards through the next two supports all the way to the Immelmann and finally after all that track and supports are placed, then place the top of the Immelmann in place which would connect the current placed track all the way through the two supports at the bottom of the pullout from the Immelmann??

(I sure hope that made sense. It made sense as I was typing it, but not so much when I re-read it.)

Obviously they know what they are doing, I'm just curious as to how the will go about building the nextime several track sections.

As under supported as the top of the Immelmann is, I wonder if they are going to start placing track on those two supports they already have built after the Immelmann and start working backwards through the next two supports all the way to the Immelmann and finally after all that track and supports are placed, then place the top of the Immelmann in place which would connect the current placed track all the way through the two supports at the bottom of the pullout from the Immelmann??

(I sure hope that made sense. It made sense as I was typing it, but not so much when I re-read it.)

Obviously they know what they are doing, I'm just curious as to how the will go about building the nextime several track sections.

I'm sure they will do it that way.

I've still not quite got used to just how big this ride is. I chuckle to myself almost daily when I look at how it towers over the hotel (?) to the right of the lift and it's mad to think the the pull-out from the first drop is basically the entire width of Raptor.

Never been on a dive coaster. The first drops, I hear, are stupidly awesome. Based on Sheikra/Griffon/any other dive machine you have ridden, where would you rank the 'drop' in comparison to those at Cedar Point (Maverick, Dragster, Millennium, Magnum, etc)

Just in case any of you were curious... Unlike what the previous photos showed, it looks like right before lifting the holding brake into place they installed the chain on it. Which is just one less thing they will have to do later!

IMG_2890.jpg

Source.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Here is something to think about.....

Mean Streak being open? I tend to avoid that ride, is this a new development?

I think you guys are reading too far into things. Tony loves to throw out red herrings b/c the enthusiasts community is very gullible, and will belive anything.