TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Looks like Chick-fil-A is no longer a resident of cedarpoint. It was just brought to light that the chicken eatery will be leaving for a new food option to yet be announced.

Info...

http://cpfoodblog.com/cedar-point-2016-dining-plan-changes/

Also, Johnny rockets, chicky and petes, and chuck wagon have been added to the dinning plan for 2016.

This sucks. Now I can't drink frosted lemonade while at CP.

Looks like Chick-fil-A is no longer a resident of cedarpoint. It was just brought to light that the chicken eatery will be leaving for a new food option to yet be announced.

Info...

Also, Johnny rockets, chicky and petes, and chuck wagon have been added to the dinning plan for 2016.

Who cares? Chick-fil-A is ran by a bunch of homophobic, overly-religious A-holes.

Who cares? Chick-fil-A is ran by a bunch of homophobic, overly-religious A-holes.

This is what makes me happy that Chick-Fil-A is leaving Cedar Point. Just leaves more space for another place to eat that will at least be open on Sundays!

Info...

Owned by*

And operationally, they don't require employees or customers to be Christian, so where is the problem? These kind of comments are completely uncalled for.

...so where is the problem?

To me the problem with Chick-Fil-A lies in the hundreds of thousands of dollars they donate every year to Anit-LGBT organizations.

I am not a religious person, but you don't see me donating hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to anti-christian organizations.

In case you are unaware there are a lot of people who really don't like Chick-Fil-A.

These kind of comments are completely uncalled for.

The way I see it is people have a right to express their feelings towards Chick-Fil-A leaving Cedar Point. Speaking of comments that are uncalled for... that would be the comments from Chick-Fil-A towards LGBT individuals. #JusySaying.

(Okay, that ends my rant on Chick-Fil-A, and LGBT individuals)

The great thing about Valravn opening is that the other ride times won't be as long as they usually are. I didn't get to ride the Dragster the last time I went for the season because the line was out of the entrance to the ride, so hopefully the line won't be nearly as long as it typically is.

Every new coaster, this is the first thing people bring up, at least since Maverick. Little did we know, at the time, that Maverick would turn out to be the best coaster in the park.

To me the problem with Chick-Fil-A lies in the hundreds of thousands of dollars they donate every year to Anit-LGBT organizations.

I am not a religious person, but you don't see me donating hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to anti-christian organizations.

In case you are unaware there are a lot of people who really don't like Chick-Fil-A.

The way I see it is people have a right to express their feelings towards Chick-Fil-A leaving Cedar Point. Speaking of comments that are uncalled for... that would be the comments from Chick-Fil-A towards LGBT individuals. #JusySaying.

^Perfectly said. I'm not gay and I'm not against religion, but I won't support a company that supports Anti-gay, anti- Muslim, or racist organizations. Nobody said anyone had to agree with me.

I mean, this conversation is really for a different place, but I see a CEO asked about his personal beliefs then see his entire company slammed because, as an individual, he has fundamentalist Christian views. I have done some research and have not seen Chick-fil-a (corporate entity) ever make anti(or pro)-gay statements. I have seen an individual publicly share his own worldview.

As for Cedar Point, I think the primary concern is 7-days of operation.

FYI - Chick-fil-a is not required to be closed on Sunday. It is typically left to the franchise owner to decide.

I hope clik-fil-a gets replaced with a Popeyes. Chicken tastes so much better without a side of hate.

The only thing I like to speculate about more than amusement rides is chicken. Cedar Fair hasn't worked with Popeyes in the past, but I want to dismiss rumors that Six Flags has an exclusive 2 Popeyes deal in the pipelines.

#Popeyes2016

Edit: Those Cajun Fries though!

I hope clik-fil-a gets replaced with a Popeyes. Chicken tastes so much better without a side of hate.

The only thing I like to speculate about more than amusement rides is chicken. Cedar Fair hasn't worked with Popeyes in the past, but I want to dismiss rumors that Six Flags has an exclusive 2 Popeyes deal in the pipelines.

#Popeyes2016

Edit: Those Cajun Fries though!

Popeyes FTW!! I had Chik-Fila once and didnt think it was all that, definitely overhyped.

I can see them putting in the Chicken Shack restaurants that they have put in at other Cedar Fair parks like KI and Carowinds.

I'm all for that because the Chicken Shack chicken is surprisingly really really good.

Yes, they're great! The Chicken Shack at Canada's Wonderland offers a wide range of wraps, burgers, and other things using chicken! I had also experienced the one at Kings Island back in July of 2014. It was good as well because they offer the same or similar products!

I can see them putting in the Chicken Shack restaurants that they have put in at other Cedar Fair parks like KI and Carowinds.

I'm all for that because the Chicken Shack chicken is surprisingly really really good.

Yes, they're great! The Chicken Shack at Canada's Wonderland offers a wide range of wraps, burgers, and other things using chicken! I had also experienced the one at Kings Island back in July of 2014. It was good as well because they offer the same or similar products!

I heard Dorneys isnt that bad. It has a line sometimes when i walk by there.

I am actually glad Chikfils is leaving, just my thoughts on chikfila leaving CP. When I go to a park, I go to immerse myself in a wonderful, beautiful fantasy world. I dont want to be reminded of all the crap, politics , personal issues, and bigotry out there in the rest of the world. I go to a park to escape reality, if only for the day. Seeing chiks always was a bit of a downer, as it took me out of the fantasy land that the parks strive to be. Not that it ruined my day by any means, it just put a sobering moment ( and really, just a minute) an otherwise Debbie Downer moment on the "high " of the day. just my 2 cents.

All that blabbing about Chic-Fil-A is quite ridiculous in here. This is a theme park forum about one of the best parks in the world. If you're honestly offended because an organization doesn't support what you support, then you're part of the problem, not the solution. If you hate Chic-Fil-A but support say a LGBT community hating on churches and you don't have a problem with at as well; then you have no space to call people or organizations names. Simple as that, now back to Valravn...

All that blabbing about Chic-Fil-A is quite ridiculous in here. This is a theme park forum about one of the best parks in the world. If you're honestly offended because an organization doesn't support what you support, then you're part of the problem, not the solution. If you hate Chic-Fil-A but support say a LGBT community hating on churches and you don't have a problem with at as well; then you have no space to call people or organizations names. Simple as that, now back to Valravn...

It's not "ridiculous." It's a forum. This is where people come to diSeuss things. The chick-fil-a topic just happens to be what has been being discussed lately.

I'm not offended because an organization doesn't support what I support. I also am not an LGBT person who hates churches. I am a firm believer and supporter of the entire NOH8 campaign, and the belief which no one should be hated for anything... and that is what frustrates me with chick-fil-a. I'm not hating on them, or their relguon, so why is it acceptable for them to hate on me and my beliefs??

Now... I'might done with the chick-fil-a topic. It's starting to get frustratingly annoying.

Any sign of the boat?!

^I agree the Cedar Point is one of the best parks out there. I never said any bad words about the company that's leaving, just that it took away from the escape / fantasy / fun world that the park puts its guests in, if only for a moment. You proved my point that they are a bit decisive ,good or bad, depending on which side of the fence one may be on. and that's fine. Ok, enough rant. Lets get back to how great the new coaster is going to be. (and also, any updates today on the boat?)