TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It will be very interesting to see what Cedar Point follows Valravn with. They've pretty much the majority of coaster types covered after this dive machine opens...

Flying coaster...? A really good wooden coaster...? An RMC coaster...? An Aqua Trax...? A Polercoaster...? Just to name a few! They still have plenty of options!

It will be very interesting to see what Cedar Point follows Valravn with. They've pretty much the majority of coaster types covered after this dive machine opens...

Flying coaster...? A really good wooden coaster...? An RMC coaster...? An Aqua Trax...? A Polercoaster...? Just to name a few! They still have plenty of options!

I would love a flying coaster at Cedar Point, though I wonder how popular it would be.

Of course Cedar Point would make it a record breaking flying coaster. No doubt in my mind it would be super popular.

I know a lot of enthusiasts are "meh" about Valravn, so if CP were to get a standard (or even a record-breaking) B&M flyer, they would really be slamming the park.

Me, I am not big on them, but admit that Tatsu scared the living crap out of me the first time that I first rode it. I think that with these types of coasters, you either need some crazy terrain to build it on or theme the crap out of it like Sea World did with Manta. I didn't much care for the Superman ride that I rode at SFGAdv as it seemed pretty tame compared to Tatsu.

My preference would be to RMC Mean Streak...then the coaster line-up would pretty much be solid in my opinion.

I would love a flying coaster at Cedar Point, though I wonder how popular it would be.

I was actually a bit surprised they went with a dive machine before a flyer as it would have been a more different experience (and possibly easier to market because of that) although this is looking pretty good.

Does any other cedar fair park have a flying coaster? Because I thought a flying coaster would fit in at DP after Dino alive leaves.

BOAT!!!!

There is Time Warp, the holdover Zamperla flyer from the Paramount days at Canada's Wonderland. After DP taking Stinger, Possessed, & Demon Drop...hold your breath!

Does any other cedar fair park have a flying coaster? Because I thought a flying coaster would fit in at DP after Dino alive leaves.

BOAT!!!!

There is Time Warp, the holdover Zamperla flyer from the Paramount days at Canada's Wonderland. After DP taking Stinger, Possessed, & Demon Drop...hold your breath!

Stinger was not a good thing to the park. IMO. The ride is closed way more than opened. Possessed and demon drop were wonderful for the park. Stinger can go.

Planning a trip for this summer and I have a couple of questions:

Anyone that went this past summer use the All Day Dining plan? What were your thoughts on the food? Was it fairly easy to use?

Fast Lane cost - anyone that went on a Wednesday/Thursday care to comment how much it was for those days? I'm looking at the FL+ to make sure we have all the rides for one of the two days we are going to be there. The website is showing a base cost of $80 per user for the FL+.

Hotel Breakers - has anyone booked a package there that included tickets? Was there at least some discount going this way?

(I fully understand that there are factors that are still unknown to the public, as far as how much the hotel cost is, etc. but I'm trying to work up an estimate on how much the trip would be for us.)

Anyone that went this past summer use the All Day Dining plan? What were your thoughts on the food? Was it fairly easy to use?

We went this summer and did a VIP Tour, which included the All Day Dining plan. You actually get a good choice of food. You can do things like Chic-Fil-A, Panda Express, Subway, Pinks Hotdogs, and of course any park food like chicken strips, and pizza, and such. Really will enjoyed the food, and it was easy to use. You just let them scan your wristband when you are done ordering, and it takes care of everything for you! I personally highly recommend it. With that being said, I am not sure how much the All Day Dining plan actually cost because it was included in our tour, so you may want to weigh the pros and cons of it. However, if you did like we did and you eat 3 regular meals while you are at the park, in addition to snacking, then it is well worth it.

Fast Lane cost - anyone that went on a Wednesday/Thursday care to comment how much it was for those days? I'm looking at the FL+ to make sure we have all the rides for one of the two days we are going to be there. The website is showing a base cost of $80 per user for the FL+.
We did not use Fast Lane, but from what I heard from talking to people in the park even with Fast Lane Plus people were still waiting an hour easily for rides like Maverick, Gatekeeper, Dragster, and MF. While we were at the park I saw a posted price for Fast Lane Plus, it was $120 per person, plus taxes.

I hope this helps a little! If you do have the means of being able to do so I would highly consider looking at booking a VIP Tour. With the tour you have plenty of time to do everything you want to do in one day (Minus Soak City) which eliminates the need for staying in a hotel for several days, and several days worth of theme park tickets, and several days worth of food, and several days worth of Fast Lane Plus. Not to mention the experience itself is well worth the cost! It's very tailored to what you want, and it is well worth it! Worth it enough that we are already planning another one for this year!

Good luck with booking your vacation!

Thanks for those tips and the information.

The All Day Dining plan comes out at about $32 per person and figuring with two teenagers that this is easily worth the investment for the couple of days we are planning on being there.

The 'availability' resets every 90 minutes for meals as well which is great for snacking and the food list choices looks to be fairly impressive.

Thanks for those tips and the information.

The All Day Dining plan comes out at about $32 per person and figuring with two teenagers that this is easily worth the investment for the couple of days we are planning on being there.

The 'availability' resets every 90 minutes for meals as well which is great for snacking and the food list choices looks to be fairly impressive.

Me and my friends went back in may, and we left the park and went to the near by Steak N Shake.