TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So I know this is really random, but Valravn's airplane beacon (I think that's what it is called) is already on, and flashing.

I mean, obviously I know a lot of coasters (Especially some of the taller ones in parks) have them, I just never took the time to think about "when they put them on." I guess now I know when they put them on/turn them on. When the highest point of track is lifted into place. Obviously... that makes sense. But still. Just one of those "Who knew?" things. (At least it was for me.)

val3.png.317978efdd3fae735b4d91f0f0616dc1.png

They needed to get the turn in place to bolt the lift topping in place, so it wasn't a mater of "getting more done." If they didn't get that in place they would've had to remove the top of the lift and start over because it can't hold its own weight.

I don't think anyone assumed otherwise. But considering they didn't hoist the track until close to 3pm meant they were trying to get it all done today. They could have left the support column up and hoisted the track tomorrow.

It looks so much like Gatekeeper in different colors, lol.

Now that you mention it, it kinda does. What if the Dive Coaster concept is just a ruse, and it ends up being a 4D aqua-trax?

I still think it's the world's first RMC T-Rex coaster. They are just trying to confuse us with the B&M track.

I love the fact that the one support is just a really long vertical pole. It's funny to imagine that the workers said something like, "Okay, guys, today we're going to build a 220 foot tall pole".

Is that what Michigan's Adventure is getting for 2016?

I love the fact that the one support is just a really long vertical pole. It's funny to imagine that the workers said something like, "Okay, guys, today we're going to build a 220 foot tall pole".

Is that what Michigan's Adventure is getting for 2016?

No, the head of maintaince is to scared to climb that. Besides it puts to much hope in the the eyes of Michiganders.