TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

What is the ejector seat on Magnum? I've seen that mentioned here but don't know if I know specifically what seat yall are on about. As mentioned I only sat in the 2nd and 3rd rows and got nice ejector on the return in both rows.

Car 1. Row 3.

The front car pivots downward rapidly on the bunny hills throwing riders over the rear axle upward.

You will definitely get the most air time in C1R3, however it can get a bit violent on the return run. I think that the middle row of the last car is the best seat on the ride. Smooth as glass with tons of ejector air.

Really the only trick to Magnum is sitting in the middle row of any car. It's a much smoother ride, and the airtime isn't as violent in the middle rows, so you don't have to worry about your lapbar being too tight. My personal favorite seat is the middle row of the last car in the right hand seat. If you can't be bothered to choose a middle row because you "shouldn't have to learn how to ride it" then I don't know what to tell you.

This ends my annual quest to educate the internets on how to ride my favorite Cedar Point coaster

Sorry for the double post but this looks awesome.

12370708_10153295030226463_3205221299755353818_o.jpg

From Cedar Point's Facebook.

... awesome, awesome paint job. The dive coaster's cool too.

Wow. Beautiful photo. It's going to look even more amazing once Valravn is complete!! I can't wait for my visit next summer.

They're really building a skyline here. All it needs now is a 600ft Intamin Aquatrax Polercoaster called "The Point" shoved somewhere to the right and they'd be all set.

Also RMC Gemini and call it "HawkHawk".

(If you couldn't tell, I'm being facetious here. A PolerCoaster called "The Point" would be pretty kickass though.)

Why laugh? It still looks similar!

IMO, the ride should have been darker in color scheme... Such as Raptor at Gardaland, Oblivion at Alton Towers, Great Bear at Hershey, etc... Add some color accents on the trains from the logo color palette (that gold and purple), it would have looked stunning.