TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

While I obviously haven't ridden it, I love Valravn. I think it's a great-looking Dive Coaster. Nice flow, solid elements, good colors, good capacity, and solid coaster overall.

However, I feel this coaster would have fit much better at a few other Cedar Fair parks before Cedar Point. But there's a reason for everything.

I just had to do some "cleaning up" in this thread.

Cut out this pointless bickering--now.

I now return you to the CP thread, which is already in progress.

Isn't it great that Cedar Point has such a wide variety of coasters to please a large number of people?

This park is ridiculous. I'd travel 2000 miles just to ride the Intamin and B&M goodies at the park. Add in the rest, and you have a high capacity juggernaut.

Maverick

Dragster

Millennium

Wicked Twister

GateKeeper

Valravn

Raptor

Rougauru

The biggest testament to Cedar Point's lineup is that people don't even mention Magnum, a Hypercoaster that's really, really good. This is the only park anywhere with an extra Hypercoaster nobody remembers is there.

Carowinds? lol

I wouldn't say Intimidator is forgotten about. They have 3 main rides, F325, I232, and Afterburn, that's it in my opinion. It may seem like Intimidator is an after thought this year, but that's what happens when you open up a giga.

This park is ridiculous. I'd travel 2000 miles just to ride the Intamin and B&M goodies at the park. Add in the rest, and you have a high capacity juggernaut.

Maverick

Dragster

Millennium

Wicked Twister

GateKeeper

Valravn

Raptor

Rougauru

The biggest testament to Cedar Point's lineup is that people don't even mention Magnum, a Hypercoaster that's really, really good. This is the only park anywhere with an extra Hypercoaster nobody remembers is there.

Carowinds? lol

I wouldn't say Intimidator is forgotten about. They have 3 main rides, F325, I232, and Afterburn, that's it in my opinion. It may seem like Intimidator is an after thought this year, but that's what happens when you open up a giga.

I honestly forgot about it until I drove up...and then after waiting an hour for it I was really wishing I never remembered it. At least Behemoth is really good (and better than Leviathan IMO).

Valravn does look huge against the shore like that. Looking forward to more pictures!

I agree about Intimadator, not a fan of it and my least favorite B&M hyper. I'll take Magnum over it any day.

Maverick

Dragster

Millennium

Wicked Twister

GateKeeper

Valravn

Raptor

Rougauru

Carowinds? lol

I honestly forgot about it until I drove up...and then after waiting an hour for it I was really wishing I never remembered it. At least Behemoth is really good (and better than Leviathan IMO).

Valravn does look huge against the shore like that. Looking forward to more pictures!

I agree about Intimadator, not a fan of it and my least favorite B&M hyper. I'll take Magnum over it any day.

I couldn't believe how boring Intimidator was, I even tried multiple seats and it was lame all over the train. Give me Apollo's Chariot, Nitro, Diamondback, Goliath etc;

It was by far the smoothest B&M hyper though

Can't stand Magnum, avoided riding it the last three times we made the trip to CP. I would rather have more rides on coasters that don't beat the crap out of you.

I use to feel the same way. Then I "learned" how to ride Magnum without getting the crap beat of me, and now I really enjoy it.

Having ridden both Shiekra and Griffon - I think this is a great addition for Cedar Point. Dive coasters are a unique experience, and even though I have been on more than a few coasters with vertical and beyond vertical drops - the Size and Scope of the Dive Coaster drop is really unique and pretty damned fun.

I've also found that of the newer B&M's - the dive coasters give a more "forceful" ride than things like the wing riders, etc.

Good on Cedar Point- I'm looking forward to seeing this be constructed.

I must have ridden a different Magnum than everyone else when I was at the park in May. I rode it 2xs that weekend without knowing there was a certain way to ride it to avoid pain. I just sat down, strapped myself in and was actually blown away by how awesome it was. After my first ride it was a "must do again before I leave" and it remains a "must get back to ride". I don't know if where you sit matters, but both my rides were in the first car (2nd/3rd rows).

To be fair, I also love Skyrush and everyone moans about how painful that coaster is but neither of these rides bother me at all.

I've had painful rides on Magnum before, but it mainly comes from lap bars or seat belts that are too loose. Regardless, from my experience, ride in the second row of any car and you'll be fine and the ride will feel a lot smoother. It's a ride that is nearly 30 years old and still packs a punch.

Avoid the "wheel" rows (1 and 3) and you're good as gold.

What is the ejector seat on Magnum? I've seen that mentioned here but don't know if I know specifically what seat yall are on about. As mentioned I only sat in the 2nd and 3rd rows and got nice ejector on the return in both rows.

Can't stand Magnum, avoided riding it the last three times we made the trip to CP. I would rather have more rides on coasters that don't beat the crap out of you.

I use to feel the same way. Then I "learned" how to ride Magnum without getting the crap beat of me, and now I really enjoy it.

Yeah, Magnum is one of those "shaky" ones, but just the whole personality of Magnum makes it so great. The trains, the layout, everything. It was a huge thing at the time of its opening, which makes it that much more special.

I love Magnum. Something about the shakiness just makes it that much more great.

Edited by MillenniumFangirl

Also, I feel like Magnum has lost a lot of popularity because of Millennium Force and Dragster.

What is the ejector seat on Magnum? I've seen that mentioned here but don't know if I know specifically what seat yall are on about. As mentioned I only sat in the 2nd and 3rd rows and got nice ejector on the return in both rows.

Car 1. Row 3.

The front car pivots downward rapidly on the bunny hills throwing riders over the rear axle upward.

I think one of my favorite pictures with my boyfriend is when we first started dating we went to cedar point and the picture of us on magnum was hilarious. We laughed so hard because you could clearly see we were both in pain lol. Yet we also looked like we were having a good time lol

Car 1. Row 3.

The front car pivots downward rapidly on the bunny hills throwing riders over the rear axle upward.

You will definitely get the most air time in C1R3, however it can get a bit violent on the return run. I think that the middle row of the last car is the best seat on the ride. Smooth as glass with tons of ejector air.