TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Brynum Painting posted some photos to their website of progress on Dragster. The photos are amazing who else would tie themselves to a support in a basket 400ft in the air?

More Here

Props to them. There's no way I could do it.

Amen. I can't even do a Star Flyer without a sense that I am going to shard in my pants. Can't even imagine hanging out of a bucket at 400 feet - even with the safety harness attached!

^ The crane they have now could easily construct at least half the lift hill. They could get that out of the way while waiting on the next crane... if that really is the situation.

However today I watched them truck in some new pieces to the site, and place them on the ground in random places. It looks like they are going to be constructing some more "low zone" areas soon... Which might even more supports your statement.

^ The crane they have now could easily construct at least half the lift hill. They could get that out of the way while waiting on the next crane... if that really is the situation.

However today I watched them truck in some new pieces to the site, and place them on the ground in random places. It looks like they are going to be constructing some more "low zone" areas soon... Which might even more supports your statement.

The crane they have now would not be sufficient for much more than 50 or 60 feet up. They will focus on staying low for a bit yet.

^ they also could be waiting because of the nasty winds they had over the past few days. I live in WNY, a little northeast of the park and we always get the weather from around Cleveland. Over the past couple days we've had constant winds of 30 mph and one day parts of the area had gusts up to 70 mph. Can't really see that on a camera... Maybe that's why they've held up on lift hill construction? I'm not sure how the winds are doing now. It was a bit calmer over here in Buffalo today. But it looks like the forecast does call for some more gusty winds this week. That could be a pain when you're trying to build a 223 foot tall lift hill..

Looks like they are staying low with construction for a while. Looks like today they will be installing the bottom of the first drop.

(Also, some neat photos I don't think we have seen yet.)

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

Source.

val.png.2208a52ebdad32b309a2366293a9425b.png

The bottom of the first drop looks to be going in place.

Wow, They've placed 3 Track pieces in one day.. Last week they placed 2 track segments total..

True.

I'm hoping they get some more track placed today, or at least some supports for the lift hill. They are currently unloading what looks like supports for the lift hill in the parking lot the lift hill track is sitting in.

My predictions for today is that the two pieces they have laying next to the bottom of the drop will be put in place going towards the vertical drop. The blue support circled in yellow, will be placed on the footer circled in yellow!! (Now to wait and see if I'm right!)

val2.png.003a949d1064ace89abdc650ae584dd4.png

Good choice CP! Raptor really needed it, and TTD will look nice with new paint aswell. If Gemini is staying a while longer I think it would be a good idea to paint the track of each side the color it represents (red or blue).

Keeping the rails unpainted keeps the classic feel to Gemini. Painted rails or unpainted rails, I don't see Gemini leaving anytime in the near future.