TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Two more degrees? Did they include that record? I bet Valravn stole two degrees from the lift hill of Kings Dominion's next roller coaster.

Well... Tony is bragging about how it has the steepest "traditional" lift hill in the park...

I'm fairly certain the larger dive machines are 47 degrees as well. I've seen it as both but the sources saying 45 degrees are generally much less specific and knowledgeable about the ride in general, so I don't trust them.

^^It was funny for a little while but I'm kinda tired of all this "Cedar Point stole "X" park's coaster" nonsense. Maybe it's just me though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking at that picture, completely ignoring Valravn and just admiring Raptor's new paint.

Actually when I first showed my partner, he said "Oh wow! Raptor is looking good! It's amazing the difference a coat of paint can make!" And AFTER I pointed it out, he was like "Oh... Is that Valravn??" .... I don't even know what to say to him.

Meanwhile MagnumXL is sinking....

.... Moving on...

I mentioned this on Facebook, but at the bottom of the hill are two men in the "dugout". Take a look at the sheer size of the ride compared to them.

I had noticed the men before, but I never considered comparing them to the size of the track... But wow... When you do it makes this massive structure look even larger.

Also, if you look in the picture you can see people painting Raptor near the MCBR! Just in case you are bored... or something.

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking at that picture, completely ignoring Valravn and just admiring Raptor's new paint.

I'm glad I didn't punch a hole in my computer monitor due to the sheer anger I feel right now, knowing my home park totally psyched everyone out, and having to face the cruel and agonizing truth that the only thing us coaster fans here in the greater Toronto area can do is watch CP build/enjoy their coaster, trying to enjoy the positively "meh" flat rides we've received for 2016, while we wait another eternal season for our own steel masterpiece....

Wait where was I?... Rant aside, I'm glad I didn't punch a hole clean through my monitor, so I can admire raptor's new paint.

^Well I am actually excited for CW's new flat rides. I'm not sure what about Skyhawk makes you think "meh," because being able to do multiple inversions in the air at 135 feet sounds sick to me. CW will get their new coaster soon enough.

Both Raptor and Valravn are going to look great beside each other, and both will be amazing rides too.

I'm glad I didn't punch a hole in my computer monitor due to the sheer anger I feel right now, knowing my home park totally psyched everyone out, and having to face the cruel and agonizing truth that the only thing us coaster fans here in the greater Toronto area can do is watch CP build/enjoy their coaster, trying to enjoy the positively "meh" flat rides we've received for 2016, while we wait another eternal season for our own steel masterpiece....

Wait where was I?... Rant aside, I'm glad I didn't punch a hole clean through my monitor, so I can admire raptor's new paint.

You know, I really don't get this thought pattern. Dollywood is building possibly the best coaster ever, SDC is taking an off year and building nothing, and I don't hear anyone saying Dollywood "stole our coaster." We just say how we want to go to Dollywood. I don't get this terminology "received" in this context either. It's not like CF has a bunch of coaster parts in their back yard and checks the naughty and nice list and doles out accordingly. They're running parks for a profit. They're going to choose what to buy based on return. This apparent need to go all Veruca Salt is baffling.

Holy crap your posts on this subject are so tiresome and overplayed. Every time someone talks about Valravn you complain about CP "stealing" CW's coaster as if CP executives snook into CW storage and took all the pieces for a new coaster. No one stole your coaster because it wasn't ever "your" coaster to begin with. CW is getting tons of investment, so stop acting like its MiA, because in reality, its getting loads of money poured into it. Just because that money isn't manifesting itself as a coaster doesn't make that investment invalid or make the pak neglected. You've gotten a hyper, giga, flat rides, a dark ride, and various other improvements in less than a decade, so please take your irrational viewpoint elsewhere, like a CW fansite or something.

On a separate note, does anyone know what happened to the whole FAA conflict? I'm assuming CP resolved the issue because construction is continuing, but when/how was an agreement reached?

Have you considered trying living 300 miles from the closest rollercoaster? If not give it a try, I can highly reccomend it. Obviously living near a park with only 16 rollercoasters, including both a hyper and a giga is a boring life....

Have you considered trying living 300 miles from the closest rollercoaster? If not give it a try, I can highly reccomend it. Obviously living near a park with only 16 rollercoasters, including both a hyper and a giga is a boring life....

I too, do not understand why people go hating on Cedar Point because it gets a new coaster, believe it or not Cedar Point at one time had to wait from 2007-2013 for a new coaster. I once heard someone say that the reason Cedar Point gets so many rides is because they take the small parks' profit and use it for the new ride. I responded that Cedar Point does not need your parks profit, Cedar Point has resorts/hotels, over 3 million guests annually and a water park. Cedar Point is a cash cow, hence why it gets attractions. As others have said, its profitable. Cedar Fair didn't go invest at Carowinds because it didn't give a profit, but because it did. That's how business works.