TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

With wind like that it's impossible to say what would be open. Assuming the forecast is right i'd say there's a chance that Maverick will open, Corkscrew could open but it's not scheduled to open Friday nights so never mind ... Rougarou is a possibility, maybe the woodies... Who knows.

Unless they blow the forecast forget about Raptor, Gatekeeper and Dragster and Magnum and Millennium Force are most likely out of the question too.

On a night like tonight if anyone actually shows up I never understood why they didn't just try launching some Dragster trains. I get why a lot of rides can't operate but if Dragster rolls back a few times, who cares? If they try 4 or 5 times and it fails every time I understand that but a lot of times it goes down for wind after clearing the tower with no issues for an extended period of time just because the wind speed kicked up a few mph and I never understood that. Does anyone have any insight? I'm sure there's a reason for this policy but I don't know what it is.

I believe that question was asked at a past q&a. The answer given was that the ride has a wind meter on it, and if the wind is blowing at a certain mph, than it won't even allow you to fire the ride up.

Weather sucked Saturday. With the Wind and Rain all day i ended up just watching Football The the Lube Saturday after noon. Was going to go in to the park after the Ohio state Game, so around 8 pm but with the wind and rain i waited and Want in Sunday. Weather was Great Yesterday.

With wind like that it's impossible to say what would be open. Assuming the forecast is right i'd say there's a chance that Maverick will open, Corkscrew could open but it's not scheduled to open Friday nights so never mind ... Rougarou is a possibility, maybe the woodies... Who knows.

Unless they blow the forecast forget about Raptor, Gatekeeper and Dragster and Magnum and Millennium Force are most likely out of the question too.

On a night like tonight if anyone actually shows up I never understood why they didn't just try launching some Dragster trains. I get why a lot of rides can't operate but if Dragster rolls back a few times, who cares? If they try 4 or 5 times and it fails every time I understand that but a lot of times it goes down for wind after clearing the tower with no issues for an extended period of time just because the wind speed kicked up a few mph and I never understood that. Does anyone have any insight? I'm sure there's a reason for this policy but I don't know what it is.

I believe that question was asked at a past q&a. The answer given was that the ride has a wind meter on it, and if the wind is blowing at a certain mph, than it won't even allow you to fire the ride up.

There is indeed a wind meter at the top of the tower, and if it goes above the ride's (relatively high) rated wind speed for more than 5 seconds the ride will immediately trouble light and all the trains will stop. Usually we wait at least 15+ minutes (depending on conditions) after it goes below the limit, so it doesn't keep tripping the fault.

It would be a shame for Tony to stop teasing just because one or two people are not finding it funny or amusing. I don't find a lot of comedians funny or amusing, but I don't expect them to quit on my behalf.

I think it's nice that he gives the park a bit of personality. So many parks are so corporate and boring online that you can almost forget they're in the business to entertain.

We were there Friday and Saturday with our 7 year old daughter who was finally tall enough to ride everything. We got to ride everything that was running Friday night hoping for the best saturday. Even though the weather was still bad Saturday with the rain and wind we stuck it out all day there riding what was running that day also. I thought we would have to disappoint our daughter by telling here we would have to wait till next year to ride the others. Boy was i wrong. Managed to get her on gatekeeper and milennium. I would like to thank cedar point for having the effort to get these rides going while other parks would call it a day that late in the evening. I can honestly say we had a blast in all that crappy weather.

I think Tony Clark over does the teasing thing, its not funny nor entertaining. Especially when so many of us enthusiasts really want an RMC at CP

Seriously??? I don't want to sound like I'm attacking your personally but it's your attitude and many others that I believe is what is decaying society in general. People with your attitude now days are offended by everything and seam like the funny bone, along with common sense has been removed from your bodies. Lighten the EFF UP!!! life is too short to be this damn bitter. I apologize for my rant again not trying to attack or offend anyone

Anyways Back to CP and Tony Clark's notes... this is the third time Tony has mentioned RMC, each time with a little more detail which has been CALL, VISIT, and LUNCH. IMO these are bread crumbs, these are not all jokes or meant to tease enthusiast until they cry. I believe Tony in fact has called RMC, Tony or someone Repping CF/CP has visited RMC, Then possibly more brain storming or closing deal lunch with RMC.

RMC is the hot ticket, why wouldn't Cedar Fair jump on that bandwagon? The supposedly Six Flags exclusive is coming to a close, so imo it just seams logical for CF/CP to jump on that RMC bandwagon that is rolling at full steam. The total jokes are the monorail and the aquatrax, the Parking garage and the Relocation of Rougaro may actually be future idea's. This is why they're called ideas ,it may or may not ever happen. The Raptor paint shouldn't be no surprise ,it will be in a lot of shots when Valravn opens. I'm sure CP wants Raptor to look great when that area is all over the media.

Edited by johnnyknottsville

I think Tony Clark over does the teasing thing, its not funny nor entertaining. Especially when so many of us enthusiasts really want an RMC at CP

Oh yeah Tony probably stepped over the line here. There's absolutely no place for light hearted fun within a community that literally visits f**king amusement / "fun" parks all the time. This is serious business. Stop having fun, it's pissing us off.

... anyway in all seriousness I was incredibly entertained. Tony Clark is the man. Keep up the good work.

Oh yeah Tony probably stepped over the line here. There's absolutely no place for light hearted fun within a community that literally visits f**king amusement / "fun" parks all the time. This is serious business. Stop having fun, it's pissing us off.

... anyway in all seriousness I was incredibly entertained. Tony Clark is the man. Keep up the good work.

Seriously??? I don't want to sound like I'm attacking your personally but it's your attitude and many others that I believe is what is decaying society in general. People with your attitude now days are offended by everything and seam like the funny bone, along with common sense has been removed from your bodies. Lighten the EFF UP!!! life is too short to be this damn bitter. I apologize for my rant again not trying to attack or offend anyone

Anyways Back to CP and Tony Clark's notes, this is the third time Tony has mentioned RMC each time with a little more detail which were CALL, VISIT, LUNCH to me these are bread crumbs not jokes or meant to tease enthusiast until they cry. I believe Tony in fact called RMC, he did visit RMC, and had lunch with RMC after signing the deal lol. RMC is the hot ticket why wouldn't Cedar Fair jump on that bandwagon? Especially since the supposedly Six Flags exclusive is coming to a close. The total jokes are the monorail and the aquatrax, the Parking garage and the Relocation of Rougaro may just be actually future idea's this is why their called ideas it may or may not ever happen. The Raptor paint shouldn't be no surprise it will be in a lot of shots when Valravn opens, of course they want to look great when that area is all over the media.

oh geez, pipe down it was a cheeky comment...get some wit

You're telling me to lighten the EFF up yet you typed a ridiculously long reply to my comment that wasnt really serious to begin with

You're telling me to lighten the EFF up yet you typed a ridiculously long reply to my comment that wasnt really serious to begin with

DAMAGE CONTROL ACTIVATE!

Step 1 - Backpedal while still being kind of a dingaling.

Step 2 - ???

Step 3 - Profit.

Not really workin out for you, bud.

DAMAGE CONTROL ACTIVATE!

Step 1 - Backpedal while still being kind of a dingaling.

Step 2 - ???

Step 3 - Profit.

Not really workin out for you, bud.

Damage control? Yeah because I'm running a business with a P.R. dept