TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

. . . I would assume as a park owner, your going to want a thrilling AND reliable ride for your money. . .

Maybe that's why the are building a B&M Dive Machine. It's both thrilling AND reliable. . .

It's so crazy to think that the people in charge of deciding what kind of new attraction the park gets... ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

While I agree with your point, that last point depends; sometimes parks get more than they bargain for, for better or worse. Either you get hit a home run right out of the gate like MF, or you get major issues that need to be worked out, like Maverick's heartline roll that never was.

Hey guys, I just wanted to show you a custom nanocoaster I made for maverick! I know it's not perfect, but its still not done! I have to cut the base and possibly paint it as well as touching up the metal portions!

Let me know what you think!

IMG_20150927_104640.thumb.jpg.2bf5bb8885eef0adb438bc488cd0363f.jpg

IMG_20150927_104653.thumb.jpg.3f701a905b3131053de7da70bc8d99eb.jpg

IMG_20150927_104917.thumb.jpg.235adea649ad2e9e854004f19ae7502a.jpg

IMG_20150927_104934.thumb.jpg.9f8a8f6627a857a165ef6e90c214e7ae.jpg

Not sure if it's a joke or the start of some kind of construction on Mean Streek, but they had spray painted numbers on the wood on the secttion right at the part of the ride where your about to pass under the lift Hill. You can only see it while riding.

The numbers were made with silver paint.

I hope vertical construction on Valravn starts soon, can't wait to see how massive the structure is going to look, I don't think the renderings do it justice.

They really don't until you look closely at Raptor next to Valravn. As I like explaining it to people, is to imagine Power Tower being above the Marina Gate. That's about where the top of the ride will be. Then imagine GateKeeper's first drop coming out towards the midway, as that is about the size of the Immelman turn.

I hope vertical construction on Valravn starts soon, can't wait to see how massive the structure is going to look, I don't think the renderings do it justice.

They really don't until you look closely at Raptor next to Valravn. As I like explaining it to people, is to imagine Power Tower being above the Marina Gate. That's about where the top of the ride will be. Then imagine GateKeeper's first drop coming out towards the midway, as that is about the size of the Immelman turn.

I agree its the perfect setting for a Dive Coaster at CP. If I had to nitpick, I'd say there is a lot of wasted potential energy going into the brake Run. I feel like it could have been steeper and taller leading up to it. Then we wouldt need the brakes as much. Other than that I'm super excited. I bet contraction will go fast on this one.

Went to the park yesterday before ending home from KI, and it was great. Was expecting a somewhat large crowd, and there wasnt really one. Rode Gatekeeper, MF, and Top Thrill. Gatekeeper was a a walk on. Waited the longest for MF and TTD. It was a good few hours in the park.

Like ive mentioned in my past posts were bringing our 7 year old for the first time this weekend. Was wondering how the wait times have been on Saturday nights so far for halloweekends. We really don't have a problem waiting an hour or so for rides. Just curious if were going to run into some 2 hour waits like we have before on halloweekends. Our plan is to ride maverick, top thrill and milennium on Friday. And maybe squeezing another in on Saturday if its not 2 hour waits.