TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hell yeah! that makes me so much more excited to go. Do you enjoy the dorms or do you prefer an apartment?

The dorms are ok, they're not AS bad as someone said a few days ago in this thread but they are relatively small dorms. The best thing they're CHEAP, less than half he price of my rent back in Cleveland. All I really do is sleep in the dorm, plus being so close to the park I plan to live in the dorms again next year.

^But those wheels are very small and on the tip of each car. I don't think they need that space.

Yeah, that's what it is. It's for if a train stops at the top for any reason, it prevents all of the weight of the train from being placed on the wheels and creating flat spots. It's the same way with the storage tracks. I/m pretty sure that's what those rails are for.

^But those wheels are very small and on the tip of each car. I don't think they need that space.

Yeah, that's what it is. It's for if a train stops at the top for any reason, it prevents all of the weight of the train from being placed on the wheels and creating flat spots. It's the same way with the storage tracks. I/m pretty sure that's what those rails are for.

That makes absolutely no sense. If you're talking about the wheels on the tips of the rows, then you're way off. Those wheels are a good 3ft away from the space in the catwalk that I'm talking about.

That makes absolutely no sense. If you're talking about the wheels on the tips of the rows, then you're way off. Those wheels are a good 3ft away from the space in the catwalk that I'm talking about.

But again this is not the same train as Griffon, so there could be anything that is in-place of the scoops.

Relating back to the employment questions.

The key to getting the attraction you want when applying for a Ride Host job is answering the general information questions concerning your preferred age group to work with, pace of work, and general physical abilities as well as demonstrating to the interviewer (usually a department manager) that you are a guest service oriented person. I can't stress that enough. The interest for amusement parks and attractions is not a bad idea to mention, but it should never be a key talking point in the interview. Make sure you talk about how you are committed to safety and providing the best experience possible for each guest and co-worker.

Then the only thing I can think of is for the evac platform that they can build up top...

I think you guys are reading too much into this; it's only the animation, which is never 100% like the real thing. I think the catwalks won't have the excess part for the scoops because Valravn won't need them

Based on the animation, Sky Ride only runs one side.

I remember at the time of the GateKeeper announcement it was mentioned that they were still deciding on what type of station gates to use.

Relating back to the employment questions.

The key to getting the attraction you want when applying for a Ride Host job is answering the general information questions concerning your preferred age group to work with, pace of work, and general physical abilities as well as demonstrating to the interviewer (usually a department manager) that you are a guest service oriented person. I can't stress that enough. The interest for amusement parks and attractions is not a bad idea to mention, but it should never be a key talking point in the interview. Make sure you talk about how you are committed to safety and providing the best experience possible for each guest and co-worker.

This is an excellent point, I may have made it seem like Millennium was just handed to me. I have 5 years working guest service jobs before I decided to apply to CP, so I'm sure that helped.

A wooden switchback would be so much better in that spot!!

Only if it has a tunnel or a splashdown. If it doesn't have one of those, it's garbage.

...That's so last week...

What could this HUGE hole be for?! I see nothing in the animation that looks like it fits this spot.

thumb_image_88.jpeg

A wooden switchback would be so much better in that spot!!

Only if it has a tunnel or a splashdown. If it doesn't have one of those, it's garbage.

...That's so last week...

What could this HUGE hole be for?! I see nothing in the animation that looks like it fits this spot.

thumb_image_88.jpeg

Looks like it could be for the train storage shed, since that is usually one of the first things that go up for B&M's, that's what makes sense to me at least.

edit* Now that I look closer, it's almost right in line with the cobra roll on Raptor and that's not where the storage shed is. Maybe the first drop footers?

That could be anything. From a footer, to an electrical shed, to a planter on the pathway. I wouldn't read into it too much.

I'm not reading to much into it. I am just trying to figure out what it could be. I know there is a lot that goes into building a coaster, and large holes in the ground are nothing out of the normal... I'm just curious as to what it could be, and was trying to figure it out!