TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I can honestly say that I have never devoted a second of thought to the aesthetics of Griffon's spray "awkwardly" hitting the track . . . but now I find it infuriating and distracting to my enjoyment of the ride.

Lmao!! We need to start a thread on Griffon's awkward spray!

That damn Griffon sprays all over!

I have a question completely unrelated to the current discussion.

How is the employee housing at Cedar Point? Would anyone who has lived there recommend it?

About a step above prison. The rooms are very small with almost paper-thin walls where you hear everything. No night is complete without some drunk or obnoxious a$$holes running up and down the hallways making as much noise as possible. Cleanliness in your room is up to you, and hopefully your roommate holds up their end of the deal. Unfortunately, I found that my roommate was keeping garbage under his bed when he moved out (room smelled a lot better after I got rid of that). Showering is a game to avoid making skin contact with the walls or floor. Hopefully you are lucky to have a lukewarm shower. The beds are kinda squeaky and lumpy, and I suggest you bring some form of layering to avoid a rearranged spine.

Thankfully you spend most of your time working and out with friends as the housing is essentially deplorable.

Having 6 trains on Maverick should make the capacity better than it currently is. There is no reason* they shouldn't have the next trains ready to dispatch once train 2 clears the lift.

*Sadly the reason is often guests, not operations.

Maverick can't dispatch trains when the previous train has cleared the top of the lift.... The train ahead wouldn't have even made it to the tunnel yet since the lift is so fast.

So when I check in on this thread I'm usually 4-6 pages behind, which is a good thing because there's usually lots of stupid bullshit I don't need to read.

Consider yourself lucky then.

I think that my brain still hasn't quite recovered from a lot of the posts that have been made since the rumors began circulating about Valravn all the way through the Raptor incident and the official announcement of Valravn. It's possible that mental scars could have been left.

At times, I had to hit the back button & pinch myself to make sure that I wasn't trapped inside the Darien Lake thread.

Having 6 trains on Maverick should make the capacity better than it currently is. There is no reason* they shouldn't have the next trains ready to dispatch once train 2 clears the lift.

*Sadly the reason is often guests, not operations.

Maverick can't dispatch trains when the previous train has cleared the top of the lift.... The train ahead wouldn't have even made it to the tunnel yet since the lift is so fast.

I did say "ready to" dispatch. Given there is about 30 seconds from lift to tunnel, it's entirely possible to give the all clear before train 2 completes the first half. Whether or not operations is comfortable with this timing is another matter entirely.

So when I check in on this thread I'm usually 4-6 pages behind, which is a good thing because there's usually lots of stupid bullshit I don't need to read.

I think that my brain still hasn't quite recovered from a lot of the posts that have been made since the rumors began circulating about Valravn all the way through the Raptor incident and the official announcement of Valravn. It's possible that mental scars could have been left.

At times, I had to hit the back button & pinch myself to make sure that I wasn't trapped inside the Darien Lake thread.

I hear ya. Add the "Griffin awkward spray thing" to the list now.

I can honestly say that I have never devoted a second of thought to the aesthetics of Griffon's spray "awkwardly" hitting the track . . . but now I find it infuriating and distracting to my enjoyment of the ride.

Lmao!! We need to start a thread on Griffon's awkward spray!

That damn Griffon sprays all over!

Please do start that thread.

Or maybe even a petition requesting that BGW reconfigure the track and/or the splashdown layout to stop the awkward spray.

Enough is enough.

My University is offering a trip to Cedar Point October 11th with transportation and an all day drink wristband (total of $35). This is a Sunday. Will the crowds be tolerable? We leave super early so we have the whole day in the park to ride and then do Haunted Houses later on in the day. I assume Sundays are better than Saturdays, but how much so?

Will the crowds be tolerable?

Probably not. The next day is Columbus Day and that's their busiest weekend of the year. Saturday would be worse but I'd expect large crowds. If it were me I'd still go though... a busy day at Cedar Point is still better than being basically anywhere else.

Will the crowds be tolerable?

Probably not. The next day is Columbus Day and that's their busiest weekend of the year. Saturday would be worse but I'd expect large crowds. If it were me I'd still go though... a busy day at Cedar Point is still better than being basically anywhere else.

That is the smartest thing I have read on these forums in a long time

I would like Griffon's if they had been able to scoot it a few feet forward so it didn't hit the track awkwardly like this

20100109210917!GriffonSplashdown.jpg

Really? I thought that was kinda cool and added to the uniqueness of the ride, in addition to the sky ride going through the ride! Great example of awesome integration of a coaster into it's surroundings. I understand your point, though Always nice to hear different POVs.

I've never really had an issue with the self wetting Griffon. Personally I thought it was unique considering it made the splash down a little different than SheiKra's. I still wish Cedar Point would have got a splash down on Valravn... But that's just me. But even without the splashdown Valravn is going to be one heck of an amazing ride!!

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Is Rougabrew available anywhere in the park? We're staying at the Breakers and will be checking out the Surf Lounge. I'm hoping they have it there or perhaps at the Red Garter.

The Trail Tavern on Frontier Trail should have it on bottle.

I think CP should buy Darien Lake's old Barracuda Bay slide complex! Who cares if th supports were custom fit and the slides were 20+ years old! It's the DarienLaker way of things! (But seriously... TPR needs a Barracuda Bay filter)

I think CP should buy Darien Lake's old Barracuda Bay slide complex! Who cares if th supports were custom fit and the slides were 20+ years old! It's the DarienLaker way of things! (But seriously... TPR needs a Barracuda Bay filter)

Nah. CP desperately needs a Gerstlauer spinning coaster. 420/4 model of course.

Maybe they can fit it inside the Good Time Theater?

A 223 foot dive coaster could also take up the space of Good Time Theater

A 223 foot dive coaster could also take up the space of Good Time Theater

no that's ridiculous, cedar point wouldn't do that

not to us

not the enthusiasts

I think CP should buy Darien Lake's old Barracuda Bay slide complex! Who cares if the supports were custom fit and the slides were 20+ years old! It's the DarienLaker way of things! (But seriously... TPR needs a Barracuda Bay filter)

Excuse me but, I think Cedar really does need a family coaster for the 42"-48" tall crowd, but as a filter for Barracuda Bay, no way!