TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^^It really is, but sixflags puts more emphasis on their smaller parks, it's not like they have a MiA and Valleyfair like cf. I don't care about MiA though, CP is awfully close. (Also I'm not complaining about ST it is an amazing wooden coaster)

Edited by MiABeta

For all intents and purposes, Pipe Scream serves the same purpose as a ride like Canyon Blaster. With that included, Magic Mountain has one more coaster than Cedar Point, with the extra being a kiddie coaster. So if you're an adult without children with you, you have the same number of coasters to choose from.

Of course some will have different tastes which is totally cool, most would prefer Cedar Point's collection.

For all intents and purposes, Pipe Scream serves the same purpose as a ride like Canyon Blaster. With that included, Magic Mountain has one more coaster than Cedar Point, with the extra being a kiddie coaster. So if you're an adult without children with you, you have the same number of coasters to choose from.

Of course some will have different tastes which is totally cool, most would prefer Cedar Point's collection.

Plus Magic Mountain DOES have more coasters, therefore you would receive a better bang for your buck at SFMM.

I really do not care for park debates, but when the information is false, I can't help but intrude. Minus the kiddie coasters, both parks are equal with 15 adult coasters. /end

It's been a odd read these past few pages. People seem to whine about Valravn doing nothing different (that Dive loop is a first for Divers), and yet whine even more about no splashdown or tunnels. Aren't those already on a handful of other Dive coasters? These two statements completely contradict each other.

Oh, enthusiasts logic.

X2 > Gatekeeper

Goliath < MF

yolo < Maverick

Ninja > Iron Dragon

Scream < Roug

Superman < TTD

BMTR < Raptor

Rev > Corkscrew

Riddler < Wicked

TC > Mean Streak

Apoculipse > Blue Streak

Tatsu > Gemini

Viper < Magnum toughest one because magnum sucks lol

AM I missing any of the MAJOR coasters?

No... no.. no please no. Please don't do this. Life is too short to start doing more coaster by coaster comparisons between CP and SFMM.

EDIT: And I see the comparisons and I'm tempted to disagree with some of them but I won't because then I'd be part of the problem.

Edited by coasterbill

X2 > Gatekeeper

Goliath < MF

yolo < Maverick

Ninja > Iron Dragon

Scream < Roug

Superman < TTD

BMTR < Raptor

Rev > Corkscrew

Riddler < Wicked

TC > Mean Streak

Apoculipse > Blue Streak

Tatsu > Gemini

Viper < Magnum toughest one because magnum sucks lol

AM I missing any of the MAJOR coasters?

Please no. What do you gain from directly comparing TC and Mean Streak? Riddler and Wicked Twister?

I did it because I laugh at all the people that try to compare them. CP is a beautiful destination on lake Erie. SFMM is a thrill park geared towards teens lol. And the comparison of rides that arn't in the same category made me laugh

I haven't been to SFMM since before YOLO and TC, but Tatsu was actually my favorite coaster there, and not X2. Yet, it's behind three CP coasters in my personal rankings, MF, Maverick, and GateKeeper (I don't get the hate, and never will.)

However, I don't see much purpose in going down the list comparing them, because they have such diverse collections of coasters. You can compare rides like Goliath and Magnum, B:TR and Raptor, or Scream and Rougarou (all of which I side with the CP coaster), but there's no way you can compare anything at CP to X2, or anything at MM to Maverick (other than maybe TC.)

At the end of the day, coaster-wise, both parks are among the very elite in the world, with some awesome coasters, mixed in with some duds. Comparing the two parks, and trying to decide which is best, will likely come down to personal preference, and whether you care about overall park experience or not.

I did it because I laugh at all the people that try to compare them. CP is a beautiful destination on lake Erie. SFMM is a thrill park geared towards teens lol. And the comparison of rides that arn't in the same category made me laugh

I feel silly now for not realizing you were joking, but you never know!

In that case, you missed a big one:

Bugs Bunny > Snoopy

While Magic Mountain may have more coasters, Cedar Point's line up is way better. Mean Streak is really the only dud, and its not even that bad. Valravn is just a thick layer of frosting on the cake. Its incredible how stacked this park is.

Really dude? What is even the point of this, other than to troll?

I know the debates have been done before, but I'm not sure why people think it's not worth discussing. These are two of the best coaster parks in the world, and I based a lot of the info and opinions provided to choose going to Cedar Point instead of Magic Mountain way hack when. I love reading ride comparisons between GateKeeper and YOLO. And I can't wait until next month when I'm finally able to add to the discussion having been to both parks.

It's OK to compare and contrast CP to Magic Mountain. We're coaster nerds, we do that type of thing... and if we all agreed, it would be boring and there would be almost no point to having an online forum.

Cedar Point operates their coasters better, but Magic Mountain has better thrill coasters (when they're running) Plus, Magic Mountain is restoring Revolution. That's the news of the decade in my book. Let's see CP restore Blue Streak to a classic.