TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm super excited for this addition. Great way to round out the coaster lineup!

I was initially a little surprised at the 8-across seating as well, but it makes sense considering the presence of the new vest restraints (which is a MAJOR plus). Since these seats are a bit wider, It seems the 8-across is to account for the extra space they'll take without needing to manufacture an even larger track design to accommodate 10-across new-style seats.

Oh, and I just want to put this out there - Whoever put the idea into people's heads that they were changing the name... dumbest person ever!!! lol

I think the Dive Machine is the best ride that B&M currently makes, so I'm always pleased when a new one is announced. I haven't ridden a bad one yet.

I agree with both of these.

I think the Dive Machine is the best ride that B&M currently makes, so I'm always pleased when a new one is announced. I haven't ridden a bad one yet.

Totally agree, Griffon is one of my favorite coasters and Valravn looks even better. CP has such a wide variety of coasters and this dive machine will add another unique coaster experience. I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen more dive coasters in the US, so maybe now we'll see some more pop up.

Circling back around to the awesomeness that is the new path between Raptor/Cadillac Cars and Valravn, did anybody else notice that there will be those curved benches directly under Raptor's cobra roll, and drop off the MCBR? Those will be another couple of sweet places to sit and coaster-watch, as well as take pictures! I am really excited to see that whole area in person next year!

Looks like a solid addition to me, but I've always liked the way B&M dive coasters look. I really like the placement in the park and the landscaping concepts shown in the POV.

I also LOVE those record breaking stats, but I think they forgot a few:

11. Most orange track on a dive coaster!

12. Most V's in a dive coaster's name!

13. First coaster to achieve 13 world records!

This seems like a good addition to the park... But not the best decision. 1. The diving aspect of the ride is cool but you have rougarou and gatekeeper, which are similar in seating style and inversions. 2. The color of valravn are too close to rougarou's and they are near each other in the park (I hate when parks do this. Ex: kingda ka and green lantern, 2 green coaster right next to each other.) 3.cedar point could've at least added a splashdown or tunnel to make it different from other coasters in the park. A better option would've been to have Valravn, the world tallest and fastest flying coaster. Overall, this will still be a good ride regardless but it has more potential. I'm not complaining bread I wish I could have this at my home park (six flags America), but this is just my opinion.

I also LOVE those record breaking stats, but I think they forgot a few:

11. Most orange track in a single amusement park!

There, I fixed that one for you!

Tied with Knott's Berry Farm?

Going by coasters, I think you're right! But I was thinking more in terms of length of track/amount of track. Either way, that's a lot of orange!

Gotta love the complaints about the complainers! Wait, now I'm complaining about the complainers complaining!

In all seriousness, this looks like a great addition. Am I disappointed in the absence of any sort of theming or tunnel? Yeah. Am I surprised? No. (Not talking about an underground tunnel - there are plenty of above-ground tunnels). What I'm most worried about is that according to the animation, it looks like the gorgeous big tree lined marina gate entryway is being completely leveled and Cedar Fair-ized. That was one of the prettiest, most peaceful, and oldest untouched areas left in the park. Oh well. The trees that they'll plant will look great and huge in 50 years...

Dive coasters are just plain awesome fun. Griffon and Sheikra are two of my favorite coasters they don't need intensity to be great rides those drops alone and unique trains will make the ride for a lot of people. I'm personally excited to see another one built in the US and one with a larger layout even slightly makes this all the better.

This seems like a good addition to the park... But not the best decision. 1. The diving aspect of the ride is cool but you have rougarou and gatekeeper, which are similar in seating style and inversions. 2. The color of valravn are too close to rougarou's and they are near each other in the park (I hate when parks do this. Ex: kingda ka and green lantern, 2 green coaster right next to each other.) 3.cedar point could've at least added a splashdown or tunnel to make it different from other coasters in the park. A better option would've been to have Valravn, the world tallest and fastest flying coaster. Overall, this will still be a good ride regardless but it has more potential. I'm not complaining bread I wish I could have this at my home park (six flags America), but this is just my opinion.

Again, you can tell who hasn't ridden a DM by their comments.

But one question remains . . . WHERE'S THE THEMING? I mean . . . ANYTHING?

How many coasters at Cedar Point have extensive theming beyond maybe nice looking trains and a station? I mean, even Millennium Force has a "toaster oven" station, fairly basic trains, and nothing really out on the course and that ride seems to be HUGELY popular with everyone. So what's the problem?

Edited by robbalvey