TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I also love how professional Coaster Studios is. He's very chill and doesn't swear in his videos. Also he takes really good 60FPS footage!

And stop whining about how he lies. He is accurate with his predictions 95% of the time, and even admits that he could be wrong.

Yeah, I agree. I do prefer channels that do swear to ones that don't, but Coaster Studios is just one of those people who has a really good channel (even though he doesn't swear even though I prefer channels that do).

I have nothing against coaster studios, I think he makes great quality videos along with good predictions. The post I made earlier was just to backup what Jonny had said, he's the only channel I watch other than TPR.

Because under that post he has a good fanbase.

image.thumb.jpg.c1a17ad2e4db5400a8a5fb24b9d4a7cb.jpg

I have nothing against coaster studios, I think he makes great quality videos along with good predictions. The post I made earlier was just to backup what Jonny had said, he's the only channel I watch other than TPR.

I agree that he is a really good channel.

Should we get back on topic and go back to talking about the park or something? This is Cedar Point discussion, not Coaster Studios discussion.

Any guesses as to the name of the dive coaster???? I heard they ditched valravyn.....

Oh. My. God.

This is almost enough for me to want to avoid opening this thread again until the announcement. They are not changing the name. We have already discussed this... for like 200 pages. Can't we find something new to talk about instead of continuing to beat a dead horse.

The only possible way I could see a "name change" is if the dive coaster wasn't supposed to become Valravn at all. Like the whole "bat" situation at Kings island, by that I mean, if they were going to repaint/retheme Raptor and have that become Valravn, the bird of slain, maybe then it would be a good idea to change the use of that name. Otherwise, there is no reason. I don't care if people think the name is stupid. I'm sure half the people on here could care less. But there is no reason at all for them to be hypersensitive about a coaster name that had nothing to do with a death in the park.

And for future reference, its VALRAVN not valravyn- I hope that was a typo...

*IF* Cedar Point was going to change the name they would have had to trademark the new name. With the announcement being in 3 days we would have seen something trademarked by now, and we haven't. Just another reason I highly doubt there will be a name change. Now, moving on from the name change topic...

So, back to something more exiting than all this name change talk...

I just LOVE this Webcam view.

The only possible way I could see a "name change" is if the dive coaster wasn't supposed to become Valravn at all. Like the whole "bat" situation at Kings island, by that I mean, if they were going to repaint/retheme Raptor and have that become Valravn, the bird of slain, maybe then it would be a good idea to change the use of that name. Otherwise, there is no reason. I don't care if people think the name is stupid. I'm sure half the people on here could care less. But there is no reason at all for them to be hypersensitive about a coaster name that had nothing to do with a death in the park.

And for future reference, its VALRAVN not valravyn- I hope that was a typo...

I would be skeptical of the original leaks as well considering the name BUT, I myself dug through the app's main code and searched for the word Valravn. Well, even in the depths of the code of a leaked app (that CP would never expect anyone to ever find), the word Valravn was mentioned twice.

Okay, back to Cedar Point... I think Raptor should get new colors, something bright... Like pink for the main track, and green for the rails, and turquoise for the supports. (Or Black)

Raptors colors are fine, it just needs a new coat of paint. It doesn't need a new color scheme.

Raptor just needs all the Seagull SH!T power washed off of it.

That is rather odd. Maybe shortage of toll booth personnel

All booths were open, traffic was just not being let in for some reason.

So....after sitting in toll traffic for over an hour, we made it in time to catch off kilter. It was great to see them again after last seeing them at Epcot years ago.

20150906_160721.thumb.jpg.37b3203508af7b4d24949ed08d7c1d23.jpg

Obviously nothing's confirmed yet but I'm sure it's staying. After removing Turnpike cars last winter there were some complaints of no notification of the ride's demise, so I doubt they'd make the same mistake twice, on the same ride (basically), two years in a row.

Also, why would they remove one antique car ride a year early, and another right when construction kicks into gear? I don't see them removing any more rides for this coaster.

^^ Awesome! Those are some of the best pics I've seen of the track! The colors are starting to grow on me.

A little off topic, but I wonder if a Mantis lead car will be used for a Haunt prop this year, like they did with Disaster Transport?

This countdown is starting to confuse me. The announcement is on the 9th, this countdown won't be over until the 10th. Maybe they're gonna count Valravn as coaster 18 on the 11th (coaster appreciation day)? I thought they were going to double up on coasters a few days here and there, but then they announced Wilderness Run and Woodstock Express on their own... I'm almost thinking unless they announce three coasters on Tuesday or two tomorrow and two Thursday, then maybe it's just a countdown for that coaster appreciation day and they'll add Valravn on the 11th

image.thumb.jpg.a3ad90a9e7014e939960696595cdfdf1.jpg