TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Upon further inspection, the layout I posted would need to be rotated counter-clockwise about 15°-20° as the Marina entrance actually splits between the old Goodtime and the Cadillac Cars. This would put the drop alongside the entrance path and the lift a bit closer to Raptor's cobra roll. This also puts the FAA location much closer to the high point in the leaked layout.

10885080_10207672123145861_1075569102061606051_n.jpg?oh=a9ff3c59fd41a197f20cce04aafd9f51&oe=567624ED

Edited by CP Maverick

Upon further inspection, the layout I posted would need to be rotated counter-clockwise about 15°-20° as the Marina entrance actually splits between the old Goodtime and the Cadillac Cars. This would put the drop alongside the entrance path and the lift a bit closer to Raptor's cobra roll. This also puts the FAA location much closer to the high point in the leaked layout.

10885080_10207672123145861_1075569102061606051_n.jpg?oh=a9ff3c59fd41a197f20cce04aafd9f51&oe=567624ED

After seeing this...I am 100% on board with this project. As if I wasn't already...This looks phenomenal, and I can't believe CP is getting a dive coaster. I truly am excited for it.

This looks awesome! I can't wait to see the new CP skyline.

Is Gatekeeper running? I've been watching the webcams and haven't seen one train run yet...

Though you probably figured out... no one answered you, but yes, ever since 9/1 (I believe, since it shut down for unspecified reasons, though people said it could've been the motor or lift chain).

Yay for positivity on this thread for Valravn! I rode Griffon 8 times today, and man is that airtime ridiculously awesome, especially in the third row. The airtime is great/sustained/strong in the front as well, but in the back it is 3 seconds of borderline ejector airtime. And you guys are getting 2 taller drops and an extra hill! Have fun with the biggest dive in the world, I'm sure it'll be great!

Yay for positivity on this thread for Valravn! I rode Griffon 8 times today, and man is that airtime ridiculously awesome, especially in the third row. The airtime is great/sustained/strong in the front as well, but in the back it is 3 seconds of borderline ejector airtime. And you guys are getting 2 taller drops and an extra hill! Have fun with the biggest dive in the world, I'm sure it'll be great!

Heck yeah! I rode SheiKra at Busch Gardens and really enjoyed it, can't wait for Valravn. I'll be going to CP next year, and oddly enough, just in time for the opening of this!!

Oh, man. Please let the drop go between those paths. That would look incredible.

That's what I'm hoping for!!! It would make not only for some really great photos, but it would simply look amazing to have the track diving down between the paths!!

I'm just gonna leave this here...

The track is so massive compared to that truck. love it!!

So after this opens what will have the best drop at Cedar Point, Valrvn or Mllenium Force (or Maverick) ?

Depends on what you mean by "best drop." Maverick will always have the most intense drop, MF will have a longer drop, but Valrvn will have a huge vertical drop.

To me Maverick will always have the best drop in the park, followed by MF... and then Valrvn most likely.

Dive Machine drops are ridiculous because it doesn't continuously get steeper and then start to level out as soon as it reaches its maximum vertical angle. Dive machines get to 90* really quickly and stay there for a good while, making the drop feel incredibly long.

Dive Machine drops are ridiculous because it doesn't continuously get steeper and then start to level out as soon as it reaches its maximum vertical angle. Dive machines get to 90* really quickly and stay there for a good while, making the drop feel incredibly long.

YES!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

So after this opens what will have the best drop at Cedar Point, Valrvn or Mllenium Force (or Maverick) ?

Although I do like MF's first drop the best, I (although probably in the minority) would vote Magnum's (back seat) first drop in my #2 slot with the 90 degree spiral dive of TTD as #3.

I am sure Valravn's first drop will be awesome too!

230 ft was also mentioned in a permit filed by to the FAA, it's shown a few pages back in this thread. The construction timeline was listed as 10/12/2015 to 2/28/2016 so yeah I'm assuming that track is going to be displayed during Halloweekends. Maybe in the area where the fence was pulled back.

try putting the station and lift area where the theater once was maybe?