TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'll eat my foot if they changed the name.

Sort of hoping the name changes now just so we can get video of this...

*Instantly regrets making promise about devouring one's own foot*

I hope my big toe tastes like a McNugget when deep fried...

Deep fried? We're just gonna rip that sucker right off and you'll eat it RAW!

Why this is the first thing that came to mind when I read "RAW" I will never know.... But now it is stuck in my head. RAW... RAW... RAW... RAW... RAW!!

Going back to the arrow upstop pad discussion, I always assumed they were there to act as a kinda failsafe trim. During negative G's the pads would come in contact with the track slowing it down through friction. The higher the G's the higher the force applied. That way, if the G's were getting to high the train would be slowed down automatically. I could be wrong but I get the feeling that's why the second airtime hill was shaped so differently than the first. At opening, pre trim, that hills gave sustained negative g's, and would therefore slow the train down to a safe speed to travel through the pretzel. Then the next two would slow it down even further before the coat hanger hills start. After the upstop wheels were added the trim was needed to bring the train back down to that same speed. But it had to slow down more there because the next two hills would no longer slow it down either. Thus creating that over banking in the turnaround.

I could be way off on all that but it makes sense to me.

45 minutes to Maverick is crowded? I waited 2 1/2 hours for Maverick and the rest of the park didn't seem very crowded.

Hahaha for me, this is more then I was thinking for today. And yes I won't wait 45 for Maverick.

But Maverick is gods gift to the earth. Its the greatest coaster ever made!!!!

45 minutes to Maverick is crowded? I waited 2 1/2 hours for Maverick and the rest of the park didn't seem very crowded.

Hahaha for me, this is more then I was thinking for today. And yes I won't wait 45 for Maverick.

But Maverick is gods gift to the earth. Its the greatest coaster ever made!!!!

And I fully agree! I love that ride now with the new restraints. I just don't want to wait more then 15 mins on coasters!:) I am very inpatient anymore, especially since I am a single rider and waiting in lines can get extremely boring.

If it's not a lift chain, what could it be? The lift motor is at the bottom of the lift... I would almost guarantee it's the chain (though I'm no expert). Last time they had it fixed in about 3 days. I'm sure they'll bust it to get it open for Labor Day weekend.

I apparently always visit on the worst days because I have NEVER seen a wait less than an hour for Maverick in the past 4 years.

If it's not a lift chain, what could it be? The lift motor is at the bottom of the lift... I would almost guarantee it's the chain (though I'm no expert). Last time they had it fixed in about 3 days. I'm sure they'll bust it to get it open for Labor Day weekend.

It could also be a component on the chain housing or chain-trough nylon lining. I've personally seen those become an issue before when the chain starts making hard contact with it.