TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^dont forget MAVERICK! the front seat on that badboy is the best ride in the park! If possible, get the front LEFT seat, some of the really snappy transitions seem to ride better in the left seat; almost like they were heartlined to it. Try it once, and you'll sit there every time

Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoy the front seat on Coasters. But, I'm one to prefer the back seat on most. I feel like the ride is always more intense in the back, with the exception of a few really rough woodies.

^^I also agree coasters are best in the back, but since I don't get to CP every year I want to try out the front row just for the heck of it. Do you get very much air time on Millie in the front? I've only really ridden in it towards the back. Also, what seat gets you the most airtime on Millie?

I would add Rougarou to the must-rides in front. Personally, at least, that's the money seat for the Floorless coasters because you get the true, wide-open effect!

if you have time (which it sounds like you will with Fast Pass), I would ride most of the coasters in the front, and back, at least once. While MF is definitely a must-ride in the front, it's also a must-ride (and much shorter line) in the back, where you get pulled over that 300 foot drop, and through the rest of the ride!

^^The only part of Maverick that I feel is better in the back, is the first drop. The airtime on every other hill it has is ridiculous nomatter where you sit. So why not enjoy the visuals of the front seat with it?! Just a personal preference though. I've ridden it in virtually every seat, as Ive gone to CP 4-6 every season since Mav opened, and I've just found I really prefer front left. Only thing I'd rate above it is Skyrush in the back left wing seat to be honest

Just a general question... I am heading back to CP next year and am wondering which coasters are a must to do in the front row. I'll be getting Fast Lane Plus so wait times won't be an issue.

Aside from those already mentioned I would add Valravn to that list. Dive machines are a must ride in the front row, and then again in the back row!!

Just a general question... I am heading back to CP next year and am wondering which coasters are a must to do in the front row. I'll be getting Fast Lane Plus so wait times won't be an issue.

Raptor, TTD, Millenium Force, Gatekeeper (both sides)

Agree with this. Raptor's front seat line will only cost you like 5 minutes and it's the best by far. If you're one of those people that complains about B&M rattle then don't sit on the left side of the train. If you like to have fun then sit on the left side. lol Gatekeeper's front seat line won't cost you much time either.

Millennium Force is great in every seat but you have to ride it once in the front both during the day and at night. The line will be huge but it's worth it. Dragster is the same way... even if the wait for the front is an hour, do it! You can ride Rougarou in the front but it's a better back seat ride.

Also I should mention (again) Mean Streak because it's horrible in the other seats. Front seat, lean forward, back off the seat back if you don't want internal bleeding.

Edit: sorry for the double post but Cedar Point posted what I think is an obvious diversion on their new event page...

Image...

CP2016.jpg

Link...

Coaster Appreciation Night

I'm not buying this for a second.

^^I also agree coasters are best in the back, but since I don't get to CP every year I want to try out the front row just for the heck of it. Do you get very much air time on Millie in the front? I've only really ridden in it towards the back. Also, what seat gets you the most airtime on Millie?

What I've learned from many visits to Cedar Point is that on Millennium Force, the front seat is the best for morning rides and back seat is the best for night rides.

First trip to Cedar Point 8/28-8/29

After years of waiting, I finally got to visit America's RollerCoast, and Cedar Point did not disappoint. What a fantastic park! The collection of roller coasters is phenomenal, and a dive coaster will really make the collection even better. Here are some of my thoughts below.

Maverick - 10/10 This coaster easily made it into my top tier of roller coasters. I got to ride 2x in the back, and 2x in the front (one at night one in the morning). The ride really never lets up, and is non-stop action. It's not as intense as i305, but it gives a more complete coaster experience in my opinion. This just might be my favorite roller coaster but like I said, it's in my top tier with i305, Skyrush, and El Toro. My favorite part is the stengel dive, bunny hop, stengel dive combo.

Millennium Force - My first ride was in the back seat after 2 laps on Maverick. I expected the ride to be, dare I say, boring? However what I experienced was an immensely fun ride.The setting on the lake is unbeatable, and the feeling of speed throughout, combined with the floater air just makes the ride 100% pure fun. In any seat I would rank MF over Fury 325, but still in my "second tier" of coasters. However at night....

MF at Night in the front Row - aka the murder of 1000 flies - On friday night we waited ~20 mins to get into the station and debated on riding in the front. Every train that came through saw the front row riders with mixed reactions. Some were covering their faces, some were looking euphoric, others were crying cause a bug hit them in the eye. We decided to take the risk and wait the extra 25 mins for the front seat. After listening to the theme song on repeat we finally boarded the train. Upon going up the lift it was immediately apparent that the entire park is covered in a blanket of flies between ground level, and ~50 ft. Any time the train dropped below this 50ft threshold it became a hilarious onslaught of flies. I laughed extremely hard the entire ride, so much so that by the end I was crying and bugs were stuck to my tears. Without question this was my best roller coaster experience ever. This brought MF up into the top tier, and perhaps my #1 coaster, but only at night in the front row.

Mean Streak - I have no idea what happened on this ride, I felt like I just got shaken for 2:30 with no pay off. It wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be, but.... RMC? 3/10

TTD - I prefer this ride to KK, mostly because the restraints are much better and it allowed be to get a back seat ride without feeling like I got hit in the head with a broom stick. The station music also got stuck in our head "BABY IM READY TO GO" 9/10

Magnum XL-200 - only got to ride 2x, but caught a back seat night ride and was very impressed. For such an old iconic ride, it delivered an extremely fun, airtime filled ride. 9/10

Raptor - Can this ride get some paint please? In the same league as Alpengeist, Afterburn, and Dueling Dragons for me, hard to really rate them comparatively. 8/10

Gatekeeper - This was a big surprise for me. I had read a lot of people that felt it was boring, and even rough? I got a front seat ride on the left edge and found the ride to be a really cool experience that was just pure fun. 7/10 in any seat, and 8/10 in the front.

CP has some great flats including MaxAir, Skyhawk, and Power Tower. More parks should have these types of flats.

Rougarou - smacked my ears around a bit, but was a forceful floor less coaster. I prefer Dominator and Bizzaro over Rougarou, but I can't imagine liking this coaster if it was still a stand up.

Parting thoughts - CP exceeded my already very high expectations. It was truly a dream come true to get to this park and ride all of the fantastic coasters this park has to offer. I will be back soon! Adding a dive coaster to the collection makes a lot of sense, sure it's probably not gonna be better than MF or Maverick, but it's gonna give a great new experience for guests and expand the types of experiences available. Hopefully Mean Streak gets the RMC treatment in the next 3 years,that will give us hardcore enthusiasts our fix.

Gatekeeper - This was a big surprise for me. I had read a lot of people that felt it was boring, and even rough? I got a front seat ride on the left edge and found the ride to be a really cool experience that was just pure fun. 7/10 in any seat, and 8/10 in the front.

This is the most accurate review I've read of GateKeeper. It is just an all around fun ride with lots of re-readability.

Raptor, TTD, Millenium Force, Gatekeeper (both sides)

Agree with this. Raptor's front seat line will only cost you like 5 minutes and it's the best by far. If you're one of those people that complains about B&M rattle then don't sit on the left side of the train. If you like to have fun then sit on the left side. lol Gatekeeper's front seat line won't cost you much time either.

Millennium Force is great in every seat but you have to ride it once in the front both during the day and at night. The line will be huge but it's worth it. Dragster is the same way... even if the wait for the front is an hour, do it! You can ride Rougarou in the front but it's a better back seat ride.

Also I should mention (again) Mean Streak because it's horrible in the other seats. Front seat, lean forward, back off the seat back if you don't want internal bleeding.

Edit: sorry for the double post but Cedar Point posted what I think is an obvious diversion on their new event page...

Image...

CP2016.jpg

Link...

Coaster Appreciation Night

I'm not buying this for a second.

Please tell me when you say "I'm not buying this" you aren't meaning that you're on the "they're changing the name" side...

Please tell me when you say "I'm not buying this" you aren't meaning that you're on the "they're changing the name" side...

Oh god no, I just don't buy into that crappy logo. I feel like everything about this ride has been uncovered and they threw up a quick, fake logo to make people second guess the leak kind of like what Kings Island did.

I think this looks like it will be name change, not that I ever really cared for the first name. If you look at CP's Instagram they are posting a picture a day about each roller coaster similar to the board they had posted up in the park.

Oh god no, I just don't buy into that crappy logo. I feel like everything about this ride has been uncovered and they threw up a quick, fake logo to make people second guess the leak kind of like what Kings Island did.

That's the same logo that was on the VR Goggles that CP sent out earlier this month, which matches the crown on the Raven's head in the leaked logo. It was likely added to that page as teaser and not supposed to look "quick" or "fake", as I'd imagine it's officially part of the overall branding of the new ride...

CP2016.jpg

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28853&start=24470

Wouldn't it be funny if they announced Valravn the same day as Six Flags' announcement even though I think Iron Roar would more than steal its thunder.

Cedar Point is announcing their ride on Sept 9th and Six Flags is announcing their rides on Sept 3rd.

But yes, any RMC is almost guaranteed to "steal thunder" of other announcements!

The *Cedar Point Coaster Name* dive coaster I think will be good for the park all the way around

1. It falls in line with their history of breaking records. If it is a dive coaster it will the tallest and probably fastest, and longest and will have the most inversion.

2. It will look great on the peninsula

3. It will be intense enough for the thrill junkies but smooth enough for the layman.

I wish they they would hurry up and announce the damn thing! Lol.