TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The announcement is September 9 at 9am.

(Credit to Robb in the CF dev. thread)

Edit: And my bet is they absolutely are not changing the name. It was a stupid move by a guest that had an unfortunate result and the hype of the announcement will cover the perceived "issues" with the name.

My take--if Kings Island can use the Banhee name, Cedar Point can use Valravn.

Aww man... morning announcement on a weekday means I won't be able to see it . I wish they kept the 9PM time from the original announcement or chose a weekend to do the announcement. Anyway, I'm glad we know when they'll reveal the details (even though we know all of them haha )

Hey everyone, sorry to change the subject for a moment. I was wondering if any one here could help me with a few questions about Halloweekends. I trying to plan my first trip to this event and i've done some searching on the web with no luck to any answers.

I was wondering if anyone knew if Fast Lane and Fright Lane are sold together or as one, or are they both normally separate prices? I noticed that during the normal summer season, Fast Lane is $80 and Fast Lane Plus is $100, but during September, it's $100 for Regular and $125 for plus. I'm assuming that they are both sold together, but I would just like to clarify.

Also I was wondering if they close the park down like some other parks do and then reopen the park for the event? If this is something they do do, would a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass (I have one for Carowinds) cover the event or is it an additional fee? The parks website also mentions black out dates, does anyone know when those dates are?

Thanks in advance!

-Kevin

Hey screaminkid2005

From what I remember they don't say passes together, so you would have to get fastlane+ and Fright line separate. I would wait to get Fastlane till you get to the park they change the price of fastlane. I was at the park one day they had it at $85 the next it was at $90 so kind of depends how busy it is. Also the park is not as busy Sundays since the Hunted stuff is not open. Hope you enjoy your trip.

The park is not open on the 9th so the only people that will be at the park will be media.

Also who cars if they coaster count is a day off.

More stuff continues to arrive

Someone on Instagram thinks the Dive Machine track is just "a scheme" and they're actually going to build a flying coaster or a 600 foot Poler Coaster.

That's quite the expensive scheme to keep a few dozen enthusiasts entertained.

More stuff continues to arrive

Someone on Instagram thinks the Dive Machine track is just "a scheme" and they're actually going to build a flying coaster or a 600 foot Poler Coaster.

That's quite the expensive scheme to keep a few dozen enthusiasts entertained.

CP will supposedly destroy the dive machine track in a "grand public display" and the 600 foot poler coaster will rise from the ground.

It seems like the Flying Coaster and Poler Coaster are like tiger shark embryos, fighting to the death until only one roller coaster is built.

It seems like the Flying Coaster and Poler Coaster are like tiger shark embryos, fighting to the death until only one roller coaster is built.

That would be one epic battle!! I am sure this fight would be even better than Mayweather vs. Pacquiao! I think the Flying Coaster will win the contest by a unanimous decision

The announcement is September 9 at 9am.

(Credit to Robb in the CF dev. thread)

Edit: And my bet is they absolutely are not changing the name. It was a stupid move by a guest that had an unfortunate result and the hype of the announcement will cover the perceived "issues" with the name.

But Cedar Point couldn't use Banshee...

This is what I've been saying!!! There (to my knowledge) have been no issues with the "Banshee" name at Kings Island. . . So I see no issues coming from the name Valravn at Cedar Point.

That was YEARS ago.... Times have changed.

This is what I've been saying!!! There (to my knowledge) have been no issues with the "Banshee" name at Kings Island. . . So I see no issues coming from the name Valravn at Cedar Point.

That was YEARS ago.... Times have changed.

And I bet it was a great way to create buzz in the media back in the day...

I hope Cedar Point sticks to the Valravn name/theme. Otherwise it would be the park in the world with the most last-minute name changes...

Which ride was supposed to be named Banshee?

Mantis.

On September 8, 1995, Cedar Point announced plans to build a new roller coaster, which would open as the tallest, fastest, and longest stand-up roller coaster in the world. The ride was to be named Banshee after the mythical wailing ghost in Irish folklore. In the days following the announcement, there was some negative reaction from the public regarding the term Banshee, which in the dictionary is described as a female spirit that warns of an impending family death. On November 14, 1995, Cedar Fair Entertainment Company filed a trademark for the name Mantis, which later became the ride's official name. As a result of the name change, its logo was also changed to a resemble a mantis.[5] The discarded name would later be reused for Banshee at Kings Island which opened in 2014.

Source.

I read the old Sandusky Register memo earlier, one thing that stuck out to me was that it said it would have four inversions.

The leaked layout (if it is legit) only has three, which makes me wonder if another design was originally considered or the camel back was originally supposed to be a zero g roll or something.

If so, im glad they went with the air time (if it travels through the hill fast enough)

A loop wouldn't have been bad either, im also glad it looks like there will be no splashdown.

This ride is going to kick serious @$$. It is really going to look good in the park. That immelman is going to tower over the midway!