TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Magnum XL-200 the legendary hyper was completely different from expectations. 8.5/10 It was smoother than I could've imagined from those trains and track, and the airtime was comfortable and gentle for the most part. The drop was pretty dam good and those tunnels were wicked, we did sit in the back car middle row and things would be different the next day.

I don't see how you could find Magnum's airtime any where close to "comfortable and gentle." It is abslouelty painfully rough. When you ride a coaster once and have bruises from the airtime it's not really gentle. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but when I think "comfortable and gentle" airtime... Magnum is the LAST coaster that comes to mind.

After riding Magnum, i concluded: Arrow never did learn how to build a rollercoaster.

I love Magnum. Those hills on the return trip make me giggle like a child every time.

I was happy to see some of the supports headed up to Cedar Point the other day when i was driving. Maybe i'll see some of the track one day. I have been on the look out for this and Mako track.

Wait, have the people shitting on Magnum ridden since the seatbelts? Before them, you needed to make sure your bar was pretty tight in order to ride. Now you just need to do the same withe the seatbelt, and there will be no issue.

Post seatbelt Magnum jumped up to my top 5 for all time best coaster, and definitely all time favorite hyper.

After riding Magnum, i concluded: Arrow never did learn how to build a rollercoaster.

But I still love Magnum, the suspended coasters, Gemeni, Loch Ness Monster and the mine trains.

I think Arrow's big problem is that they didn't keep up with the times, but they still designed some good rides (particularly Tennessee Tornado). Other ride manufacturers, such as B&M and Intamin, passed them by.

Edited by cfc

Does Tennessee Tornado have the wheel gap issue? I know that's one thing bad about most arrow loopers. Magnum wouldn't have been horrific if we all (my group I was with), push each other's lapdars as far down as they would go. It hurt, i'm not going to lie.

But I still love Magnum, the suspended coasters, Gemeni, Loch Ness Monster and the mine trains.

I think Arrow's big problem is that they didn't keep up with the times, but they still designed some good rides (particularly Tennessee Tornado). Other ride manufacturers, such as B&M and Intamin, passed them by.

Pretty much. Arrow dominated the field from late 60s to the early 90s. No one came close to matching them. Schwarzkopf certainly made good loopers, but couldn't keep up with the popularity of Arrow and what their designs could do. In 1990, if you asked any enthusiast who the king of coasters was, the answer was Ron Toomer.

If Arrow had brought in young blood sooner, it would still be pumping out great rides i bet. Tennessee Tornado is proof of that, but was too little too late. Rides like Shockwave and Drachen Fire would have been amazing if younger engineers pushing for more computer use and train redesign had been around and successful. Instead, those types of engineers went to other companies like Premier, Intamin, and if course B&M came around.

That said, there was also a culture change about coasters. Coasters used to be a point if pride, like "look what I'm tough enough to go on." When that was the mentality, a rough ride was only more points for bragging rites. Now a lot of people want forceful, fast, and smooth, and people bitch about some of the smoothest rides I've been on as "too rough."

But as always, to each is own.

I will say this about magnum, the day after we rode it the first time I chanced 1-3 the ejector seat. It certainly felt a lot shakier the whole ride was a bit bumpy. Not to mention the airtime was more abrupt and those bunny hills were something else! I got off with just a little irritation to the thighs my mom said the ride had gone from one of her favorites to just plain not comfortable.

Cedar Point cop robbed while soliciting prostitute

Tuesday night incident happened at Elyria hotel

COURTNEY ASTOLFI

ELYRIA

AUG 27, 2015

Aug. 26, 7:10 p.m.

A Cedar Point police officer was robbed in a setup at an Elyria hotel Tuesday night after responding to a prostitution ad on Craigslist and paying the woman for sex.

Christopher Cassell, 24, of Amherst, pleaded no contest to a charge of soliciting Wednesday morning at Elyria Municipal Court, according to news reports.

Cassell, who was also a part-time Lorain County sheriff's deputy, resigned from that position on Wednesday, the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reported.

Cassell was commissioned as a Cedar Point police officer at the start of the 2014 season, said Sandusky police Chief John Orzech. But his current status with Cedar Point is unknown, as Sandusky police only document who is sworn in as a park officer, and do not keep records of who leaves the department and when.

Cedar Point spokesperson Tony Clark said he was looking into the matter Wednesday evening, but did not respond to further Register inquiries about Cassell's current employment.

Elyria police were called to a ransacked room at the Carefree Inn on Griswold Road at about 9:30 p.m., according to Elyria police Capt. Chris Costantino.

Cassell later told investigators he met “Ashlee” on Craigslist and solicited her for sex. He agreed to meet up with the woman at the hotel, and there, paid her $100, according to the Chronicle-Telegram.

But before the pair could engage in sexual activity, three men allegedly stormed the hotel room and began assaulting Cassell.

“Cassell stated that he was choked until he lost consciousness. (He) was unconscious for several minutes, and when he awoke, all of the subjects were gone,” Costantino stated.

His wallet was stolen, as was a personal handgun, which was later recovered by detectives.

Investigators conducted interviews and soon charged Dominique Mincy, 27, and Jordan Marquez, 21, with robbery for the incident. The third alleged robber remains at large.

“Ashlee” was identified as Dawn Gibson, 42, Lakewood, police said. She was charged with complicity to robbery, solicitation and drug paraphernalia.

Cassell, meanwhile, was charged with third-degree misdemeanor soliciting and pleaded no contest to the offense Wednesday morning. He was given a suspended 60-day jail sentence and ordered to pay a $250 fine.

Cassell had worked as a part-time deputy since March, mostly handling courthouse security, the Chronicle-Telegram reported.

Aug. 26, 5:20 p.m.

A Cedar Point police officer was robbed Tuesday night after meeting a woman from Craigslist and paying her for sex at an Elyria hotel, according to news reports.

Christopher Cassell, 24, pleaded no contest this morning on a soliciting charge and also resigned from his position as a part-time Lorain County sheriff's deputy, the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reported.

Cassell's status with the Cedar Point Police Department is unknown. But the Register has confirmed he was commissioned as a Cedar Point police officer at the start of the 2014 season, according to Sandusky police records.

At 5:15 p.m., Cedar Point spokesperson Tony Clark told the Register he was looking into the matter.

The Chronicle-Telegram reported that Cassell met the woman through Craigslist, where police said “she was offering to do prostitution-type work.”

Cassell then met the woman at an Elyria hotel and gave her $100, the Chronicle-Telegram reported.

It was at that point three other people entered the room, assaulted Cassell, then robbed him.

Cassell entered a no contest plea to a soliciting charge this morning at Elyria Municipal Court. Two men accused of the robbery were arrested, and the woman was charged with soliciting, drug abuse instruments and complicity, according to the Chronicle-Telegram

Link to Article

Ha! The irony in this.

I remember that during my last visit to CP one of the on duty officers was a bit rude. He was screaming at people to "MOVE OUT OF MY WAY NOW!" at the CCMR station. He was pushing people and such, while the train was loading mind you, and couldn't get past. Little did he know that one of the operators had already cleared him a way across the station at the front of the station, which he eventually noticed and crossed. I wonder if this is that same security guard, he was such an ass.

I haven't experienced this type of rudeness from a park employee since my visit to Michael's Amusements traveling ghetto fair.

Cedar Point cop robbed while soliciting prostitute

Tuesday night incident happened at Elyria hotel

COURTNEY ASTOLFI

ELYRIA

AUG 27, 2015

Aug. 26, 7:10 p.m.

A Cedar Point police officer was robbed in a setup at an Elyria hotel Tuesday night after responding to a prostitution ad on Craigslist and paying the woman for sex.

Christopher Cassell, 24, of Amherst, pleaded no contest to a charge of soliciting Wednesday morning at Elyria Municipal Court, according to news reports.

Cassell, who was also a part-time Lorain County sheriff's deputy, resigned from that position on Wednesday, the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reported.

Cassell was commissioned as a Cedar Point police officer at the start of the 2014 season, said Sandusky police Chief John Orzech. But his current status with Cedar Point is unknown, as Sandusky police only document who is sworn in as a park officer, and do not keep records of who leaves the department and when.

Cedar Point spokesperson Tony Clark said he was looking into the matter Wednesday evening, but did not respond to further Register inquiries about Cassell's current employment.

Elyria police were called to a ransacked room at the Carefree Inn on Griswold Road at about 9:30 p.m., according to Elyria police Capt. Chris Costantino.

Cassell later told investigators he met “Ashlee” on Craigslist and solicited her for sex. He agreed to meet up with the woman at the hotel, and there, paid her $100, according to the Chronicle-Telegram.

But before the pair could engage in sexual activity, three men allegedly stormed the hotel room and began assaulting Cassell.

“Cassell stated that he was choked until he lost consciousness. (He) was unconscious for several minutes, and when he awoke, all of the subjects were gone,” Costantino stated.

His wallet was stolen, as was a personal handgun, which was later recovered by detectives.

Investigators conducted interviews and soon charged Dominique Mincy, 27, and Jordan Marquez, 21, with robbery for the incident. The third alleged robber remains at large.

“Ashlee” was identified as Dawn Gibson, 42, Lakewood, police said. She was charged with complicity to robbery, solicitation and drug paraphernalia.

Cassell, meanwhile, was charged with third-degree misdemeanor soliciting and pleaded no contest to the offense Wednesday morning. He was given a suspended 60-day jail sentence and ordered to pay a $250 fine.

Cassell had worked as a part-time deputy since March, mostly handling courthouse security, the Chronicle-Telegram reported.

Aug. 26, 5:20 p.m.

A Cedar Point police officer was robbed Tuesday night after meeting a woman from Craigslist and paying her for sex at an Elyria hotel, according to news reports.

Christopher Cassell, 24, pleaded no contest this morning on a soliciting charge and also resigned from his position as a part-time Lorain County sheriff's deputy, the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reported.

Cassell's status with the Cedar Point Police Department is unknown. But the Register has confirmed he was commissioned as a Cedar Point police officer at the start of the 2014 season, according to Sandusky police records.

At 5:15 p.m., Cedar Point spokesperson Tony Clark told the Register he was looking into the matter.

The Chronicle-Telegram reported that Cassell met the woman through Craigslist, where police said “she was offering to do prostitution-type work.”

Cassell then met the woman at an Elyria hotel and gave her $100, the Chronicle-Telegram reported.

It was at that point three other people entered the room, assaulted Cassell, then robbed him.

Cassell entered a no contest plea to a soliciting charge this morning at Elyria Municipal Court. Two men accused of the robbery were arrested, and the woman was charged with soliciting, drug abuse instruments and complicity, according to the Chronicle-Telegram

Link to Article

Article says the h*#%er's first name was Ashley....

Was their last name Madison???