TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

giving the Streaks a second chance in the front.

For Mean Streak that's a great plan. As others have said... front seat, lean forward and stay off the seat back. It's really smooth then (but still boring).

For Blue Streak, just stay off the wheels. The front isn't overly smooth either, ride in the middle row of any car and you'll like it. It's a really fun little coaster in the right seat.

I rode Mean Streak in the back left seat of the second to last car and it was an enjoyable ride, with the roughness about equal to Dorney Park's Thunderhawk.

On my trip to Cedar Point last week, I clocked around 4 rides on Mean Streak, because it doesn't really bother me all that much. Overall, the ride is mostly a dud, but there are a couple of airtime spots that, while weak, still catch me off guard every time like "Oh hello! This thing does have some air!" haha. I also satisfied one of my small coaster goals in finally riding Mean Streak at night, and it's actually pretty cool! Riding through that massive wood structure while it's beautifully lit up in the dark was almost hypnotic visually. Of course the ride itself still has a lot to be desired, but while being the worst coaster at Cedar Point, it's still nowhere NEAR the worst ride I've ever ridden (Son of Beast. Ugh, thank the lord that ride is gone).

I have to admit I like Mean Streak a lot. I can't explain why... the ride does absolutely nothing and I know that but just riding through the structure near the lake is pretty damn cool. Visually the ride and it's location are nothing short of stunning. Would I be said if they RMC it? Of course not. But until then I'll appreciate it for what it is.

I have to admit I like Mean Streak a lot. I can't explain why... the ride does absolutely nothing and I know that but just riding through the structure near the lake is pretty damn cool. Visually the ride and it's location are nothing short of stunning. Would I be said if they RMC it? Of course not. But until then I'll appreciate it for what it is.

Mean streak leaves its presence on the midway. Its looks nice from the midway, the train, and the lake. Its beautiful. The ride is self is a complete pile of crap though. Its not rough, its just so boring lol.

To whoever asked about the fannypacks, I'll repeat my reply from just a couple pages ago. YES they are allowed on everything. Report back when you've returned!

I slept on the pull out, which wasn't to bad. We stayed in the corkscrew wing as well. Stayed at the end of the hall with the staircase right there which was nice. The path was beautiful but could use a little more lighting. We had a great stay.

We might have been in the same room - ours was ground floor, first room on the left when walking in the side entrance with the stairwell on your right. Awesome location! We didn't try the pullout but should have thought of it since the mattress was so awful. I mean it was REALLY bad, so unbelievably bad I don't even know how to explain it haha. Fortunately for me, I was beyond exhausted every night so don't even remember going to bed and slept through till morning. I'm a terrible sleeper but being at CP all day wiped me out!

announcement on the 11th

The park cancelled the announcement the first time to show respect to the man who died so announcing it on 9/11 wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

I agree. I highly doubt we will see an announcement on 9/11.

That's why I mentioned the 12th. I do believe they would repeat what they did last time they completed the timeline and wait a couple days before they randomly announce a date. It would look bad if they made an announcement on the 11th, I agree.

announcement on the 11th

The park cancelled the announcement the first time to show respect to the man who died so announcing it on 9/11 wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

I agree. I highly doubt we will see an announcement on 9/11.

That's why I mentioned the 12th. I do believe they would repeat what they did last time they completed the timeline and wait a couple days before they randomly announce a date. It would look bad if they made an announcement on the 11th, I agree.

Why the 12th? Why should they do it the day Space Spiral was demolished?

I will add that riding in the front seat of MS at night after having imbibed in a few draft beers (and/or drinks at TGIF/Famous Dave's) also seems to make it a bit more enjoyable/tolerable.

I will add that riding in the front seat of MS at night after having imbibed in a few draft beers (and/or drinks at TGIF/Famous Dave's) also seems to make it a bit more enjoyable/tolerable.

Fact: Alcohol makes mean streak better. Known fact. Highly recommend.

I still enjoy mean streak. I remember waiting 2+ hours back when it opened. Now I can get 3 rides in 30 minutes on some days. Would be nice to see some extra tlc but I'm not sure it really needs RMC.

1st visit ever to cedar point couldn't have been better. The weather the last two days was perfect, not scenic sunshine but cloudy grey and blacks. As someone has quoted before "no visit to cedar point is complete without rain", we had 2 run ins with the points policy on water falling from the sky. Both times it fell for less than 5 minutes and all rides went down for 15 or so. Annoying but that hardly seemed to matter since the park was hardly busy, we managed to hit every adult ride in the span of 6 hours except wicked twister o well. Compared to six flags great America this parks tickets and parking costs are downright bargains. 15$ to park as opposed to 25$, tickets at least for weeks days through September were 45$ each which equals SFGAMs but it's cedar point your getting. Speaking of the park itself I'm blown away by how easy it was to park and enter the park. It may have been a calm day but parking took 5 minutes and entering the park there wasn't a metal detector to be found. Overall this park feel and ambiance we're great, employees and operations were everything there reputation said they'd be. Enough said about that now to the rides...

Our 1st ride after arriving at CP around 2pm was Raptor, wait time was about 15min 3 trains as expected goes for the rest of the park except 3 rides.Rode in the middle back rows, WOW this is a perfect scaling up off batman the rides intensity with my 1st ever cobra roll thrown in for good measure. 9/10 intense and relentless all the way through not perfectly smooth but who cares?

Blue Streak... In the back row this ride was absolutely awful, I understand what jack hammering is now. The ride was not what my mom needed at age 47, I couldn't fathom how it was so bad given its reputation.1/10 for the moment, I vowed to return and give it a fair shake somewhere else on the train.

Corkscrew was ok,5/10 compared to Demon I'd say corkscrew is a smoother ride but only because demons corkscrew entrance is miserable. Visually its stunning paint is immaculate and walking underneath the screws in the 70s is like what gatekeeper is to most people today epic.

Gemini was one of the most unexpectedly fun rides at the point. 7/10 It would've been better if it was racing but there was just no need for that kind of capacity. Regardless of that missed opportunity, it's just a fun ride through and through. Smooth but bouncy in a fun way, airtime and hand choppers o yes, and that helix is funky goodness arrow design.

Magnum XL-200 the legendary hyper was completely different from expectations. 8.5/10 It was smoother than I could've imagined from those trains and track, and the airtime was comfortable and gentle for the most part. The drop was pretty dam good and those tunnels were wicked, we did sit in the back car middle row and things would be different the next day.

Mean Mutha F en Streak wow it's just as the Internet foretold, a wonder to behold but to ride? Total trash. 0/10

After riding blue streak in the back I don't know what the hell I was thinking going straight for the back row on its monstrous brother. It delivered my spine crunched to perfection on a silver platter, I couldn't even enjoy the visual experience since every valley jack hammered and each hill and curve was spent fearing the other side.

Maverick is in my mothers words unlike anything else, twists that I couldn't fathom came relentlessly and smoothly not a single moment was ruined. 10/10 fantastic.

Cedar Creek Mine Ride like big thunder mountain I told my mom, sure if big thunder was slower, rougher and has next to no theming. 4/10 it is what it is a kids ride and not particularly comfortable one at that.

Millennium Force hype train pulling into the station with a hate train coming in right behind it. 9/10 speed and power it's what the future was all about apparently, this thing hauls ass and pulls Gs and I like that. Plus it's got 3 moments of airtime besides that phenomenal 1st drop. Bonus points the station music is awesome da nana noooonooo again and again.

Rougaroo, makeovers can work on steel coasters too. I've ridden one stand up before, iron wolf and I thought that wasn't bad maybe they should've left mantis alone. 8.5/10 after riding I can see that maybe standup trains would've been a bit much for that awesome layout, so twisty I thought it nearly equaled Mavericks whips at certain points. What a sweet location and paint job, just awesome Gs and maneuvers. O and 3 train operation when it was completely unnesecary both days, walkon both days.

Iron Dragon i wish I could've ridden Big Bad wolf or Eagles fortress! This ride is well a snooze for the first half, then it picks up and has some fun the last half. 5/10 It was really cool to experience the concept but the ride for the most part is too take to be interesting.

Top Thrill Dragster, wowsers this is one hell of an experience. From the minute the park comes into view, to the moment you see the train in front launch is all build up. 9/10 as short as it is, it's simply too insane to not give it high marks.

Gatekeeper, the finale of day 1 CEdar points latest and greatest. 8.5/10 Again this felt like taking a smaller older more prototypical B&M from SFGAM and jacking it up in all the right places. I felt the wingover was a little cooler at six flags due to the midway being right beneath it. Force less? I think not all the pullouts and helixs were solid, the keyhole was also just a little less cool because it's not an aircraft control tower just a cutout through some pillar thingy. Just like top thrill though it's such a visual home run I can't help but love it, helps that I know not to let the rubber vest pull tighter learned that from Xflight real quick.

Day 1 tally 13 bogys mission time 6 hours!

What a day that was, my hands are tired from typing this all off my phone I'll post today's visit Info later.

Mean streak leaves its presence on the midway. Its looks nice from the midway, the train, and the lake. Its beautiful. The ride is self is a complete pile of crap though. Its not rough, its just so boring lol.

This past July me, my sisters, and two cousins went to Cedar Point and we were in line for Maverick and we saw one of the trains on Mean Streak get stuck on the lift hill! We didn't even bother with riding it.

Magnum XL-200 the legendary hyper was completely different from expectations. 8.5/10 It was smoother than I could've imagined from those trains and track, and the airtime was comfortable and gentle for the most part.

I've never heard Magnum's airtime described as "gentle" before. I've heard it described as borderline-uncomfortable jolts of airtime that try to launch you into Lake Erie.

That said, I've never ridden it for myself (I need to get to Cedar Point, and soon!).

Magnum XL-200 the legendary hyper was completely different from expectations. 8.5/10 It was smoother than I could've imagined from those trains and track, and the airtime was comfortable and gentle for the most part.

I've never heard Magnum's airtime described as "gentle" before. I've heard it described as borderline-uncomfortable jolts of airtime that try to launch you into Lake Erie.

That said, I've never ridden it for myself (I need to get to Cedar Point, and soon!).

The one time I've been on Magnum I remember it being a pretty smooth ride considering how old it is

Rougaroo, makeovers can work on steel coasters too. I've ridden one stand up before, iron wolf and I thought that wasn't bad maybe they should've left mantis alone. 8.5/10 after riding I can see that maybe standup trains would've been a bit much for that awesome layout, so twisty I thought it nearly equaled Mavericks whips at certain points. What a sweet location and paint job, just awesome Gs and maneuvers. O and 3 train operation when it was completely unnesecary both days, walkon both days.

Mantis was bad. I rode Vortex at Carowinds a few weeks ago, and it was much better than Mantis. Vortex was a little uncomfortable, while Mantis was painful. Rougarou is a miracle compared to what Mantis was.

Magnum XL-200 the legendary hyper was completely different from expectations. 8.5/10 It was smoother than I could've imagined from those trains and track, and the airtime was comfortable and gentle for the most part. The drop was pretty dam good and those tunnels were wicked, we did sit in the back car middle row and things would be different the next day.

I don't see how you could find Magnum's airtime any where close to "comfortable and gentle." It is abslouelty painfully rough. When you ride a coaster once and have bruises from the airtime it's not really gentle. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but when I think "comfortable and gentle" airtime... Magnum is the LAST coaster that comes to mind.