TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I would imagine it was more roomy then sandcastle? It was a little tight with 5 people in the small room.

No kidding? I would have never guessed

Gotta stay in what you can afford

Breakers Express

In all seriousness it is a really good value even if its far from "luxury."

Not any facts, just guessing, but Wicked Twister never seemed like it had much hype when it opened. Considering TTD opened the next year, I think it really got overlooked.

I mentioned this earlier this year. I visited Great Adventure for the first time in June and wanted to compare Kingda Ka and of course ride El Toro (F'n AMAZING). I noticed that the general public really didn't seem to care much when Kingda Ka opened. It was misty and raining throughout the morning and it eventually opened in the afternoon. It just didn't have the same "feel" that you get when you notice people see Top Thrill is open. It was over hyped and frankly I felt Dragster is still the better of the 2, but I'm sure you know what I mean by that "feel" in the park.

^I know exactly what you mean. I think its because it's so tucked away in the corner and doesn't have the presence that Dragster does where you can see it running almost anywhere in the park. It does still get a really long, backed up line at park opening. The ride usually opens to riders at 11 because it's usually broken (lol @ boldikus) but everyone goes to Kingda Ka and El Toro, which always opens at 10:30, is less than a five minute wait until noon.

I've also noticed that Kingda Ka's line generally has less than half as many people as Dragster's, but can take longer because of Zumanjaro and Six Flags being Six Flags.

Not any facts, just guessing, but Wicked Twister never seemed like it had much hype when it opened. Considering TTD opened the next year, I think it really got overlooked.

The back seat on WT is one of the most underrated experiences. I like all these impulses. Same goes for the Deja Vu Coasters. I wish SFMM could have made it work.

I mentioned this earlier this year. I visited Great Adventure for the first time in June and wanted to compare Kingda Ka and of course ride El Toro (F'n AMAZING). I noticed that the general public really didn't seem to care much when Kingda Ka opened. It was misty and raining throughout the morning and it eventually opened in the afternoon. It just didn't have the same "feel" that you get when you notice people see Top Thrill is open. It was over hyped and frankly I felt Dragster is still the better of the 2, but I'm sure you know what I mean by that "feel" in the park.

Every time I've been to CP TTD opened late and you could hear people walking around and telling their group it was open... We took shifts those times to keep an eye to see if it was open.

On a side note, went back in may to the park and stayed at the sandcastle suits. Going back next may and was wondering if we should check out another hotel on property.

I stayed at Sandcastle Suites in July of this year in the Corkscrew wing. It was very nice, quiet, and I loved the location next to Magnum's turnaround. After dinner at TGI Friday's each night we walked along the path back to Sandcastle and it was really nice. Almost nobody was on there. The room was awesome except for the bed - was your bed AWFUL?!?! Ours didn't just sag in the middle, I actually think it had been sawed in half. We shoved couch cushions in the middle of it in an attempt to keep the mattress semi level. I wish I was kidding. I've slept in some bad beds but this was by far the worst. I'd be interested to hear if other rooms had similar mattresses or if it was a fluke. Other than that, our experience was excellent and I'd stay there again. Not sure what prices are like at Breakers compared to what we paid.

On a side note, went back in may to the park and stayed at the sandcastle suits. Going back next may and was wondering if we should check out another hotel on property.

I stayed at Sandcastle Suites in July of this year in the Corkscrew wing. It was very nice, quiet, and I loved the location next to Magnum's turnaround. After dinner at TGI Friday's each night we walked along the path back to Sandcastle and it was really nice. Almost nobody was on there. The room was awesome except for the bed - was your bed AWFUL?!?! Ours didn't just sag in the middle, I actually think it had been sawed in half. We shoved couch cushions in the middle of it in an attempt to keep the mattress semi level. I wish I was kidding. I've slept in some bad beds but this was by far the worst. I'd be interested to hear if other rooms had similar mattresses or if it was a fluke. Other than that, our experience was excellent and I'd stay there again. Not sure what prices are like at Breakers compared to what we paid.

I slept on the pull out, which wasn't to bad. We stayed in the corkscrew wing as well. Stayed at the end of the hall with the staircase right there which was nice. The path was beautiful but could use a little more lighting. We had a great stay.

My first time at cedar point was an absolute blast, we only had 6 hours to spend once we arrived at 2 pm. I'll post a full run through of the attractions, a few things I need to say now. Mean streak was the worst ride I've ever experienced, I did ride in the very back seat so I was asking for it but good god. It's older brother blue streak did its sibling proud, again backseat ride jack hammered horribly to the point of 0% enjoyment. On the other hand magnum was unbelievably smooth and fun, Gemini was also awesome for what it is. We managed every adult coaster except wicked twister, tomorrow will be for reriding favorites and giving the Streaks a second chance in the front.

My first time at cedar point was an absolute blast, we only had 6 hours to spend once we arrived at 2 pm. I'll post a full run through of the attractions, a few things I need to say now. Mean streak was the worst ride I've ever experienced, I did ride in the very back seat so I was asking for it but good god. It's older brother blue streak did its sibling proud, again backseat ride jack hammered horribly to the point of 0% enjoyment. On the other hand magnum was unbelievably smooth and fun, Gemini was also awesome for what it is. We managed every adult coaster except wicked twister, tomorrow will be for reriding favorites and giving the Streaks a second chance in the front.

Sit in the front on mean streak, and use the grab bar to make sure you pull your back off of the seatback, same for blue streak, and you should be good! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

tomorrow will be for reriding favorites and giving the Streaks a second chance in the front.

Don't do it.

Spend that time enjoying Maverick, Dragster, Millennium, Rougarou, Raptor, GateKeeper, Gemini, and Wicked Twister... I seriously need to get back to Cedar Point for the 15th time, so many epic coasters.

I have to give blue streak a fair shake it's been talked up as a great ride. It has all the hall marks of being fun but the last car was just something else. Mean streak... Only because it looks so cool and it probably (hopefully) is not going to be there in its current form for much longer.

^ I didn't even think of it like that, it was such a subtle post I thought that it was just them doing what they do best and posting about their rides every now and again. But that would make sense with them saying #1 at the end (though I personally thought they were talking about the Sandusky Blue Streaks being number one). I guess if we see the Cedar Creek Mine Ride on their pages today then you may be right about them starting up the countdown again! If they do a coaster a day, including pipe scream since they already had it in the original timeline, they'd reach Rougarou on September 10th. Maybe with an announcement of an announcement on the 11th or 12th? Of course all speculation.

So has anyone been following CP's Instagram account? It looks like the coaster countdown is starting back up.

I didn't even think of it like that until you mentioned it. I just thought it was Cedar Point posting random coaster facts... Until I saw the #1. Then it all made sense.

Heading to the park for the first time ever Friday and Saturday. The point online crowd predictor calls for "moderate crowds." We are considering fastlane plus for Saturday but are going to wait to buy it. What is a good indicator that it is time to buy fastlane plus? Weather is supposed to be sunny and low 80s.

Thanks! I can't hardly focus with such excitement in my future.

Also, Fanny packs are allowed on all rides correct?

giving the Streaks a second chance in the front.

For Mean Streak that's a great plan. As others have said... front seat, lean forward and stay off the seat back. It's really smooth then (but still boring).

For Blue Streak, just stay off the wheels. The front isn't overly smooth either, ride in the middle row of any car and you'll like it. It's a really fun little coaster in the right seat.

announcement on the 11th

The park cancelled the announcement the first time to show respect to the man who died so announcing it on 9/11 wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

I agree. I highly doubt we will see an announcement on 9/11.

Well well well, the streaks pulled a complete 180 today. I rode blue streak in the last car non wheel seat and haleluyah it was great fun. I waited for front row on mean streak and bam it instantly went from awful to pretty dam fun. It is almost devoid of airtime but there's nothing like flying over and through this massive contraption. That being said 1 row out of the whole selection not sucking still means it shouldn't continue in its current form, irregardless of that fact I'm glad I experienced a Dinn monster its an experience like no other!

giving the Streaks a second chance in the front.

For Mean Streak that's a great plan. As others have said... front seat, lean forward and stay off the seat back. It's really smooth then (but still boring).

For Blue Streak, just stay off the wheels. The front isn't overly smooth either, ride in the middle row of any car and you'll like it. It's a really fun little coaster in the right seat.

I rode Mean Streak in the back left seat of the second to last car and it was an enjoyable ride, with the roughness about equal to Dorney Park's Thunderhawk.