TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I don't know if this means anything, but on fun TV the other day at Cedar Point there was a trivia question something like "which kind of ride will cedar point add in 2017?". The answers were "rollercoaster", "thrill ride", "family ride", and "other". I waited for the answer, and it was "other". So would that mean dark ride, or general improvement year...? Perhaps just mean streak getting revamped or something? I literally have no idea I'm just curious to see what you all think.

It's said that all year. I saw it back in June and posted about it. It's probably just Tony being Tony and teasing us.

Is anyone interested in carpooling to Cedar Point from Chicago 9/1-9/2? We will be leaving Chicago on 9/1 7am and leaving Sandusky for Chicago on 9/2 late afternoon or evening. You'd have to make your own lodging arrangements (we're staying at the Howard Johnson Express on Milan rd). We have room for 2 more in my car, at 2014 Chevy Spark.

The "other" ride will be a Triotech shooter. Voyage To The Iron Erie Reef.

Instead of mechanical sea creatures you have to go up against trash and dead bodies.

Don't forget it is obviously also going to be the worlds first indoor aquatrax, with the worlds fastest launch at 250mph, straight into a brake run bringing it down to a nice slow 2.6mph. where you will continue the fight against trash, and dead bodies.

I don't know if this would matter, but I am staying at Breakers Express for HalloWeekneds. I'll look out for some new track.

So you are aware, the Breakers Express pool is only 4 foot deep max and the ice machine on the third floor was broken when we went. It's a decent hotel, but not a wonderful one. You can't beat the theme park though

^This is freaking awesome.

Glad to see that they are offering Goose Island and not just NASCAR beer!

Don't get too excited. Goose Island is owned by In-Bev, the parent company of Busch, and that pretty much eliminates any chance of them offering Great Lakes or any other craft beer that would be worth it. However, if this proves successful, perhaps Hofbrauhaus Cleveland can open a competing kiosk and offer some decent beer.

Prosit!

While I like the idea of Hofbrauhaus or some other type of Bavarian beer, I would disagree about Great Lakes. They have a decent presence in the park already as I know of at least three places where you can buy it in bottles.

And I believe that they have had it on draft two different times in three years at the Red Garter Saloon. Not sure what they have on draft there this year as I have yet to visit the park, but they usually will try to have one microbeer that is not Inbev related. And I believe that Lusty Lil's also had a decent micro on draft last year, but I am not 100% certain if it was Great Lakes.

I should have been more specific. I meant there'd be no craft brews dispensed from this kiosk. It's certainly possible for craft beer to be offered at the other outlets in the park. I distinctly remember a pumpkin ale being offered at the Red Garter Saloon during Halloweekends last year. Personally, I'd love to find Great Lakes Alberta Clipper or Nosferatu in the park. We see the Edge of Madness show every year and often enjoy a beer while doing so.

I think this might turn into this years Tempesto... So I look forward to watching Cedar Points new lawn ornament being built... At least we have a really good view from the main land!

CP isn't going to sit on the announcement that long, but they'll need to wait until they're done with the rebranding.

I think this might turn into this years Tempesto... So I look forward to watching Cedar Points new lawn ornament being built... At least we have a really good view from the main land!

CP isn't going to sit on the announcement that long, but they'll need to wait until they're done with the rebranding.

Lol of the day right here. "Rebranding"

I'm about at the point where I'm willing to make a sig bet with anybody who actually thinks Valravn is going to get "re-branded"! Seriously, people! Raptor, Rougarou, even that GateKeeper creature looks a little evil! Delaying the announcement, especially given the theme? Understandable. Changing the name and re-branding everything? Not. Going. To. Happen.