TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I thought it was established that the park was reverting back to the original theme of something Hawk related.

At least CP's Thunderhawk will be quite a bit more exciting than MiA's version! Can't wait to ride it next year!

So we had to deal with "CW is getting the dive coaster, CP is getting a dark ride" discussion until the plans leaked...got past that and now people are very seriously discussing whether the name is going to be changed. Even in the comments on social media I've seen, "it's very likely to be changed," oh because you work in the appropriate department at Cedar Fair to know that.

Honestly, I can't believe the death is still being talked about. Unfortunate? Yes. But you move past that, and the park did exactly that. Normal operations per usual.

Personally, I don't care what they name the ride even if it had the meaning "Giant butt-raping murderer", I go to ride some coasters and have an awesome day! People need to get the sand out of their panties, it's entertainment people, they are not trying to offend anyone, at least not as much as this post probably did!

So we had to deal with "CW is getting the dive coaster, CP is getting a dark ride" discussion until the plans leaked...got past that and now people are very seriously discussing whether the name is going to be changed. Even in the comments on social media I've seen, "it's very likely to be changed," oh because you work in the appropriate department at Cedar Fair to know that.

Honestly, I can't believe the death is still being talked about. Unfortunate? Yes. But you move past that, and the park did exactly that. Normal operations per usual.

Personally, I don't care what they name the ride even if it had the meaning "Giant butt-raping murderer", I go to ride some coasters and have an awesome day! People need to get the sand out of their panties, it's entertainment people, they are not trying to offend anyone, at least not as much as this post probably did!

Butthawk 232

While checking out of breakers express today, I took a quick look at the dive coaster track next to the hotel. Looking at it in person, I think the track color looks very different from Rougarou. It's definitely straight brown to my eyes, as in the color of The Beast's wood brown, not orange. Certainly not the best color scheme in the world for a steel coaster, but it's definitely not the worst I've ever seen. Now we just have to see if the layout leak is correct.

While checking out of breakers express today, I took a quick look at the dive coaster track next to the hotel. Looking at it in person, I think the track color looks very different from Rougarou. It's definitely straight brown to my eyes, as in the color of The Beast's wood brown, not orange. Certainly not the best color scheme in the world for a steel coaster, but it's definitely not the worst I've ever seen. Now we just have to see if the layout leak is correct.

I swear, this is turning into another situation like that dress uproar a little while ago! Clearly, some people are seeing this track color as being something other than what it is. I see it orange as clear as day, and everybody I've shown pictures to says the same (although it's definitely a darker orange). I've never seen it in person though, and people are reporting that it looks brown in person... Very bizarre situation indeed...

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if the people who see Valravn as brown, also saw that dress as blue/black? Seriously though, there may be something to that, scientifically, regarding the way different people see colors. Again, I know the color doesn't affect the ride, so on that level, I don't care, but this disparity in what color people are seeing does fascinate me...

I swear, this is turning into another situation like that dress uproar a little while ago! Clearly, some people are seeing this track color as being something other than what it is. I see it orange as clear as day, and everybody I've shown pictures to says the same (although it's definitely a darker orange). I've never seen it in person though, and people are reporting that it looks brown in person... Very bizarre situation indeed...

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if the people who see Valravn as brown, also saw that dress as blue/black? Seriously though, there may be something to that, scientifically, regarding the way different people see colors. Again, I know the color doesn't affect the ride, so on that level, I don't care, but this disparity in what color people are seeing does fascinate me...

I think it looks like "sienna" on the Crayola color spectrum.

I'm half-kidding, half-not.

^This is freaking awesome.

Glad to see that they are offering Goose Island and not just NASCAR beer!

Don't get too excited. Goose Island is owned by In-Bev, the parent company of Busch, and that pretty much eliminates any chance of them offering Great Lakes or any other craft beer that would be worth it. However, if this proves successful, perhaps Hofbrauhaus Cleveland can open a competing kiosk and offer some decent beer.

Prosit!

While I like the idea of Hofbrauhaus or some other type of Bavarian beer, I would disagree about Great Lakes. They have a decent presence in the park already as I know of at least three places where you can buy it in bottles.

And I believe that they have had it on draft two different times in three years at the Red Garter Saloon. Not sure what they have on draft there this year as I have yet to visit the park, but they usually will try to have one microbeer that is not Inbev related. And I believe that Lusty Lil's also had a decent micro on draft last year, but I am not 100% certain if it was Great Lakes.

Rides like Maverick and Raptor are split pretty evenly with some people absolutely hating them while everyone else absolutely loves them.

What??? I seriously in all my time spend at Cedar Point and working around coaster nerds don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about Raptor! And the only things said bad about Maverick was resolved this year with the new restraints. I really don't think there is a 50/50 split of people loving/hating Maverick & Raptor. That data doesn't even seem close to be accurate.

BryceFourn hates raptor.

Found this on a tumblr page about people complaining about the announcement date being moved. Sometimes we're Squidward, sometimes we're SpongeBob!

http://coastermadness.tumblr.com/post/126271887426/the-employees-after-cedar-point-fires-them-because

Wow, those are pretty stupid.

Just as stupid as an entire ride layout being leaked from a countdown on a free VR app no one fully understood the purpose of just yet. Could you imagine?

Have they announced a new date yet or are we still waiting to learn what we already know

...oh wait...

I think he's stating that because coaster track has shown up onsite, RCDB is finally acknowledging that Cedar Point is getting a coaster for 2016.

Ooooohhhhh! Sorry, I don't consider RCDB's word the "end-all be-all" of roller coaster information.

I think he's stating that because coaster track has shown up onsite, RCDB is finally acknowledging that Cedar Point is getting a coaster for 2016.

Ooooohhhhh! Sorry, I don't consider RCDB's word the "end-all be-all" of roller coaster information.

Not a lot of people do, but its still a pretty creditable source. Except when they said Cu Chulainn was supposed to have a corkscrew...

I don't know if this means anything, but on fun TV the other day at Cedar Point there was a trivia question something like "which kind of ride will cedar point add in 2017?". The answers were "rollercoaster", "thrill ride", "family ride", and "other". I waited for the answer, and it was "other". So would that mean dark ride, or general improvement year...? Perhaps just mean streak getting revamped or something? I literally have no idea I'm just curious to see what you all think.

I don't know if this means anything, but on fun TV the other day at Cedar Point there was a trivia question something like "which kind of ride will cedar point add in 2017?". The answers were "rollercoaster", "thrill ride", "family ride", and "other". I waited for the answer, and it was "other". So would that mean dark ride, or general improvement year...? Perhaps just mean streak getting revamped or something? I literally have no idea I'm just curious to see what you all think.

Or they don't want to say what they're doing for 2017.

Or they don't want to say what they're doing for 2017.

Yeah, after the answer is revealed it says something like "You didn't think we'd tell you, did you?". I doubt the people who put it together even know what's coming in 2017. I doubt it's anything big since the park's getting a giant dive coaster this year, but who knows.