TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

To be fair, the lady didn't really imply cedar point was the blame. She created an article with two opposing arguments placing blame.

She spent the majority of the article presenting one side with only a small portion dedicated to the amusement industry experts rebuttal. She knew what she was doing.

I'm on the "I like the colors" side of things here too. Maybe because orange and blue are two of my favorite colors... But it is kinda weird to me that the leaked logo doesn't at all match the coasters colors... Maybe they'll match the train more

People keep saying the colors are unique... Are you saying this EXACT color combination is unique to Cedar Point? Because I've already shown a couple of pages ago that there is nothing unique about orange track at CP. Nor is dark blue unique at CP. I get it that some will like the colors, and some won't, but I find these claims of the colors being unique to be a stretch...

Having said that, if Cedar Point wants to promote the Detroit Tigers in Cleveland Indians territory, far be it from me to complain!

Apparently the "expert" in her article is a paid witness-for-hire that knows nothing about the amusement park industry:

http://www.jurispro.com/KennethNemire

His rationalization is about as moronic as the judgement of people that think they can break park rules and challenge a hulking piece of steel traveling at 55+ mph.

Idiocracy at it's finest? Yup.

PS - This journalist looks like she's ready to start writing articles for CNN or MSN.

Edited by Philrad71

im still waiting for a park to have neon colors on a coaster if thats possible

Oh man why hasn't anyone thought of painting a coaster with that black light paint and illuminate the track with black lights. That would look ridiculous and completely awesome.

Oh man why hasn't anyone thought of painting a coaster with that black light paint and illuminate the track with black lights. That would look ridiculous and completely awesome.

Agreed. Two more for you. That would be absolutely awesome

So the guy that got himself killed was a teacher? I'm guessing he wasn't a physics teacher.

I think he was a special ed teacher. Which makes this all really awkward.

From the articles I read, he had just accepted a job as a guidance counselor, and would be starting for the first time this semester.

That PD article states that the guy was unaware that he could get killed by the ride by climbing over a fence to get his wallet/phone. With that logic, if you lose something out of your car on the highway and then exit the road, climb a fence to get onto the highway and are hit by a car going 60 mph, the driver that hit and killed you is at fault because "you weren't aware of the dangers". Seriously, that's what this "expert" is saying.

You rode the ride, you know how fast it goes, you know it hangs from the track, and you also know if it hit you, you'd die. The same applies to a car and a highway. You drove on the road, you know how fast you're going, and you know if you were to stand in front of a car, you'd die. I honestly don't see how anyone can claim a person isn't aware of the dangers of entering a restricted area around a coaster.

The problem is if something ridiculous becomes commonplace then eventually it's just accepted as not being ridiculous and then people work on ways to make it even more ridiculous.

Fences around inverted coasters shouldn't have to have signs saying that hopping the fence is dangerous because people should be expected to exercise at least a minimal amount of common sense. When they first put those types of signs up people probably laughed at how stupid they were because they were stating the obvious. Now though we've accepted that the signs are necessary and have now reached the point where "DO NOT ENTER" is not a clear enough statement to put on the sign because it still leaves it up to interpretation whether or not someone should enter.

People suck and lawyers that pursue these frivolous lawsuits suck and we're all doing this to ourselves because at this point we live in a culture where something always has to be someone elses fault.

To be fair, the lady didn't really imply cedar point was the blame. She created an article with two opposing arguments placing blame.

She wrote it to sensationalize the topic and draw attention to herself. That's the annoying part of it. Journalism isn't about presenting something that is correct or factual anymore, it's about how much attention can you draw to yourself so your editor will give you a raise.

In a way, I'm upset with myself that I even posted a link to her article. All I did was give in to what she was looking to accomplish. *sigh*

Screenshot_2015-08-21-13-32-57.thumb.jpg.806dbcd30b2e82803972358f1daa4cdc.jpg