TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

We live a short life and people would rather dumb down their own race to have money and credibility instead. Only thing to do ---> IMO <--- is spread the truth louder than she is spreading the article. People like that should feel horrible about themselves.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, damn phone.

I stubbed my toe this morning, but really, it's the door makers fault. Appalling as it is, there is NO warning sign on the door informing me that it is a door! There should have been a giant warning saying "WARNING: This is a door. Approaching a door in an open position while barefooted may result in injury if foot come in contact with door."

Another option would be for them to make the doors wider, decreasing the odds that I will pass on the "loose door" side of the opening. With the door only a few feet wide, I didn't realize the danger of being too close to the hanging portion, and was therefor overconfident as I walked through.

If only an expert would come out and publically warn the nation of the danger of door-to-foot collisions.

^ Wow, what a god awful article! I just tweeted about it. Amazed that someone could actually think the park was at fault.

Like the gentleman for Screamscape put, "What do they want them to do? Fill under the rides with pools of sharks and alligators to stop people"? Sad thing is, in our society, there will still be that ONE fool.

I honestly don't get it. If someone decides to jump some fences, run across an airport runway and gets hit by a plane will anyone dare to say it's the pilot's or the airport's fault?

God this is annoying. It looks like some people are anxiously waiting for any accident to happen at a park so that they can blame them.

Edited by rcjp

I stubbed my toe this morning, but really, it's the door makers fault. Appalling as it is, there is NO warning sign on the door informing me that it is a door! There should have been a giant warning saying "WARNING: This is a door. Approaching a door in an open position while barefooted may result in injury if foot come in contact with door."

Another option would be for them to make the doors wider, decreasing the odds that I will pass on the "loose door" side of the opening. With the door only a few feet wide, I didn't realize the danger of being too close to the hanging portion, and was therefor overconfident as I walked through.

In the door maker's defense, if the openings were made wider, people would still find a way to stub their toes. Maybe an ant wandering on the floor. Thinking they could kick the ant, people would instead kick the door.

^ Wow, what a god awful article! I just tweeted about it. Amazed that someone could actually think the park was at fault.

Like the gentleman for Screamscape put, "What do they want them to do? Fill under the rides with pools of sharks and alligators to stop people"? Sad thing is, in our society, there will still be that ONE fool.

If they did that, they would have to put up a few more signs:

"Sharks and alligators are dangerous animals, entering their pool could result in injury or death"

"Entering the pools could result in drowning"

"Do not feed the sharks and alligators"

@Susanglaser ..... Signs are placed to be read !!! It's true, for people like you ......

thumb_screenshot_2015-08-20-19-37-37.jpg

In the door maker's defense, if the openings were made wider, people would still find a way to stub their toes. Maybe an ant wandering on the floor. Thinking they could kick the ant, people would instead kick the door.

Like Robb and others have said here you can't make anything 100% idiot proof as there will always be a way round the measures you take. It's a shame parks can't trust their guests because if they did plenty of things could be nicer. For instance, it always annoys me when I can't get too close to a ride or go under it without loads of netting but if you could I imagine the stupid things some people would do and as a result everyone has to "suffer".

To be fair, the lady didn't really imply cedar point was the blame. She created an article with two opposing arguments placing blame.

And it is yet another thing 'pissing in the wind' that hurts the industry, or at least CP at this time with all the publicity.

Then you have yet another negative (inaccurate) article to piss off Robb and many others here...you saw his replies to the folks that put even partial blame on CP over the past many pages?

To be fair, the lady didn't really imply cedar point was the blame. She created an article with two opposing arguments placing blame.

She wrote it to sensationalize the topic and draw attention to herself. That's the annoying part of it. Journalism isn't about presenting something that is correct or factual anymore, it's about how much attention can you draw to yourself so your editor will give you a raise.

In a way, I'm upset with myself that I even posted a link to her article. All I did was give in to what she was looking to accomplish. *sigh*

She wrote it to sensationalize the topic and draw attention to herself. That's the annoying part of it. Journalism isn't about presenting something that is correct or factual anymore, it's about how much attention can you draw to yourself so your editor will give you a raise.

In a way, I'm upset with myself that I even posted a link to her article. All I did was give in to what she was looking to accomplish. *sigh*

Ohhhh. . . I didn't look it from that angle.

Apparently the "expert" in her article is a paid witness-for-hire that knows nothing about the amusement park industry:

http://www.jurispro.com/KennethNemire

When the media needs an legitimate expert, they'll find a legitimate expert. But...

Nemire reached out to The Plain Dealer this week...

When an expert "reaches out" to the media, they aren't doing it in the name of journalism. They're doing it in the name of advertising. The guy wanted his name in the paper, and the author took the bait.

I couldn't get close enough !!! Miss Susan Glaser now complaining that signs are 2 far away ... she is on a mission !!!

1) Get a fucking pair of glasses. That is totally readable.

2) If your far enough away you can't read it, your to far to hop the fence...

Great work their Sherlock.

that article mad me laugh but throw objects at my wall at the same time bcause people are so incredibly stupid. if there is a sign that says WARNING DO NOT ENTER you dont enter it plain and simple. she tries to justify her reasoning but what she says proves nothing. i think she wants cp and all other amusement parks to look like a prison with 30 foot walls and fences around each rollercoaster and ride.

hey theres a theme for cedar fair's next ride

I couldn't get close enough !!! Miss Susan Glaser now complaining that signs are 2 far away ... she is on a mission !!!

1) Get a fudging pair of glasses. That is totally readable.

Let's see, where to begin?

Two layers of fences, multiple posted warning signs stating "Warning, Restricted Area DO NOT ENTER" , and a high-speed & highly visible & loud train with screaming riders. You decide to ignore these hazards & hop the fences, ignore the warning signs, to retrieve something that you had no reason bringing on the ride (which is also posted numerous times). You then, by the park's "negligence", get struck by said ride and are killed. The park is somehow to blame due to you being to far from view to read a sign, which should of been clearly visible if you were close enough to hop the two fences.

That is her argument.

20119526614_e7ba367937.jpg

Got back a few days ago from our first trip to Cedar Point with my 13 yr old son. We had a blast and can't wait to go back!!  We live a couple hours south of Six Flags Great America which is our home park I guess you could say, and we loved Cedar Point SO much more and are already trying to figure out when we can return. The waits were much better than we expected (esp in comparison to usual Great America wait times). The only one that had more than 30-45 minute wait was Maverick, which my son won a Plinko fast lane pass for thankfully since we weren't a fan of it. Our favorite rides were Dragster and Millenium.  Wicked Twister was down anytime we tried to go on it, and even shut down once while we were in line. 

We were also there the day the guy was killed and it seemed like a few rides closed for the night right after that (Raptor, Millenium, Sky Ride), not sure if because of the weather or what happened. Many people were talking about it while in line and the most common reaction was, "why would he do that, that's stupid." Quite a few people didn't even seem to know what had happened and only found out while hearing others talking about it while waiting in line. Last Friday was our last night there and unfortunately everything shut down due to storms. I was actually surprised they ran as late as they did because there was a fair amount of lightning before that. Dragster is even more awesome at night I think.

As someone who usually only reads threads here and doesn't often participate, I've got to say that I've read the articles in which the 'experts' place blame on Cedar Point for the man's death last week. And it's completely ridiculous for them to even insinuate that. They had some barricades up near the Raptor after it happened and we saw where he jumped the fence and couldn't believe be risked it. My son even was like, what a dumb thing to do, he totally went over that fence where the coaster goes so low. So my 13 yr old even knows better.

All in all, we had a great trip and loved Cedar Point!

1) Get a fudging pair of glasses. That is totally readable.

Let's see, where to begin?

Two layers of fences, multiple posted warning signs stating "Warning, Restricted Area DO NOT ENTER" , and a high-speed & highly visible & loud train with screaming riders. You decide to ignore these hazards & hop the fences, ignore the warning signs, to retrieve something that you had no reason bringing on the ride (which is also posted numerous times). You then, by the park's "negligence", get struck by said ride and are killed. The park is somehow to blame due to you being to far from view to read a sign, which should of been clearly visible if you were close enough to hop the two fences.

That is her argument.

20119526614_e7ba367937.jpg

Exactly.