TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I've read that there is a fenced area recently put up outside the park,similar to where the Maverick track pieces were being "hidden." Is this true?

If it is then that could possibly be the destination of this ride, for the time being.

Thank god, something exciting. If vertical construction starts before the announcement i'll be just as happy for the time being.

EDIT: I saw pages ago of people talking about how Cedar Point "will probably" go with a flyer next cause its the only B&M left they don't have, and they were essentially complaining about it. This is just a convo starter but would you really be pissed if something like this was built years from now?

OFCOURSE id rather have a RMC next whether its Mean Streak or from the ground up, but i couldn't complain about a flyer.

Edited by blakelemay23

Could somebody tell me whats on the picture? My internet isn't working well and loves me just enough to let me be on TPR forum and literally nothing els, and I kind off want to know what the fuss is about.

Just some rust colored pieces of metal that may or may not be going to a theme park in Ohio... No biggie

Apparently, this was spotted on the Ohio turnpike

That track is just so massive compared to Mako's track! (Yes I am fully aware that Dive Machine track is larger than Hyper-Coaster track.)

Loving the colors!! (For both the coasters!)

Could somebody tell me whats on the picture? My internet isn't working well and loves me just enough to let me be on TPR forum and literally nothing els, and I kind off want to know what the fuss is about.

Just some rust colored pieces of metal that may or may not be going to a theme park in Ohio... No biggie

^It's a picture of orange, two-toned, B&M track pieces on a truckbed, parked at a truck stop.

Thanks guys. Already read these commands after you posted them so they where helpful. But Internet is working as it should again so I can see it myself now, and it's quite interesting to see.

Its much more fun/exciting now that its being dragged out like this without any announcement. A good bit of GP have no clue what's coming, but I enjoy being able to watch it all get pieced together over in this world.

I think a 200ft+ dive coaster will look absolutely incredible in the spot they chose. Its going to be an incredibly visible coaster and that vertical drop is going to look very intimidating and upclose.

While gatekeeper is a bit tame for me, I think this coaster will follow in the ranks of Banshee and Fury. Two of the best coasters B&M has built in a while. Theres just absolutely no way a 200ft vertical drop can be anything less than bonkers. The leaked rending does make the ride seem rather short, that might be my only complaint. Its a small spot, so I guess they did what they could.

Strangely enough, one of my favorite things about Fury was the capacity. You dont stand in line, you slowly shuffle through it. I hope this will be a huge people eater as well.