TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So while everyone is waiting till December , I have a quick question.

Are fanny packs allowed on all major rides at Cedar Point? According to info on their website they are, but I wanna double check here to make sure. Thanks!

I remember learning about dragster before any work had started. It was my first visit to the park my best friend and i were waiting for a slide in the water park geeking out about MF and how tall it was. The lady in front of us over heard us day dreaming and freaking out about this place. She said imagine a Coaster 100 feet taller than MF right in the center of the park. We geeked out some more and she told us it would be over 400 foot and over 100 mph. We couldn't believe it and didn't until the announcement happened. She had said she was married to one of the maintenance guys are they were gearing up for the build. This was early June of 2002. I had just turned 15.

I remember learning about dragster before any work had started. It was my first visit to the park my best friend and i were waiting for a slide in the water park geeking out about MF and how tall it was. The lady in front of us over heard us day dreaming and freaking out about this place. She said imagine a Coaster 100 feet taller than MF right in the center of the park. We geeked out some more and she told us it would be over 400 foot and over 100 mph. We couldn't believe it and didn't until the announcement happened. She had said she was married to one of the maintenance guys are they were gearing up for the build. This was early June of 2002. I had just turned 15.

I read this in this voice.

^Cedar Point announced Dragster in January. Food for thought.

Still though, times have changed. Rarely do we see an announcement that late, with Tempesto being the obvious exception, and that was viewed as controversial so to speak. I honestly do not see the point of late announcements, they're supposed to be surprising but when you can see the entire layout it just isn't the same at all.

And even with Tempesto, BGW was just avoiding the topic all together. CP has acknowledged that they are making an announcement, not just saying, "What construction?"

Guys its landscaping work, nothing more, I tell you! They even threatened to ban a member of BGWFans for taking (completely legal, in main park pathway) pictures of construction at Christmas Town.

Anyways... I was pretty geared up for the announcement, but idiots ruin things, I guess.

I read this in this voice.

Well played, sir!

Still hate the fact we just don't get answers today, that comes thanks to the leaked image, I just wish we could have got an answer on that. But too bad real life happened and the park made a good choice not to do it today thanks to that. What I don't like is that they then just say: "Not the 18th." Instead of: "2 weeks later." or "a month later." But yeah I'm impatient so that works for me as well. Still I like to see the new date being announced through a simple tweet without making a big fuss, just so we have some date to look forward too instead of all this weird speculation.

Hi to all! Maybe can help me with this

Next week i´m going to visit with my girlfriend Cedar Point but then we are going to travel to Kings Island, Kings Dominion and Dorney Park. I saw that the price of the platinium pass have changed today and now is a platinium pass for 2016, but for one visit in 2015.There is no more a platinum pass for 2015 at the web.

What do you recommend for us to buy? We want to visit all that parks in August and September 2015.

Thanks in advance

^ There is a Combo Pass right now for CP and KI you could look into on their ticketing page right now (haven't had a chance to compare other deals out there but it looks good for $30ish per park versus other deals or full price at each park)

And then (of course if you had the money and we're visiting next yr) that's when you can get the platinum pass and have a free park this yr - also you'll reap the benefits of free parking, early entry, food benefits at all parks in the chain...I'll PM you more info if I have time!

Hi to all! Maybe can help me with this

Next week i´m going to visit with my girlfriend Cedar Point but then we are going to travel to Kings Island, Kings Dominion and Dorney Park. I saw that the price of the platinium pass have changed today and now is a platinium pass for 2016, but for one visit in 2015.There is no more a platinum pass for 2015 at the web.

What do you recommend for us to buy? We want to visit all that parks in August and September 2015.

Thanks in advance

You can still get a 2015 Platinum pass at Kings Dominion or on their website.

So while everyone is waiting till December , I have a quick question.

Are fanny packs allowed on all major rides at Cedar Point? According to info on their website they are, but I wanna double check here to make sure. Thanks!

Can confirm: fanny packs allowed on all rides. I chose to take mine off on Skyhawk and almost lost my hat (which was looped thru the fanny clip) on Wicked Twister so would recommend placing it in the bins on those two rides. It's single operation for them both so no chance of anyone walking off with it. Other than that - go for it and have a blast! Remember to report back on how your visit went.