TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^^^ clever.

It's sad James Young died, blah blah blah. He trespassed in a posted no entry area and ultimately lost his life on account of a poor decision. CP PR staff has done a great respectful job with regards this incident. Still, I find myself upset at the bad decision he made.

I do *NOT* know how reliable the source is or not ,but heard or read somewhere that the family is planning to sue. REALLY?!? I hope that's just a case of an unreliable source and rumor on that one. I also read somewhere that he was supposed to be a special education instructor, yet with his serious lack of judgement, he probably was not entirely capable of such a job. Ok, i'm ranting, and I've made plenty of mistakes in my life. Had he made an error outside of the park and rolled his vehicle as a rough example, it's not like we would have been hearing about it. It's just the location he was at I'm hearing it all over the news.

What I'm wondering - what part of the train hit him? Had a rider been physically injured by him, I'm guessing we would have heard about it? I would be concerned for the emotional toll this may have had on anyone in the train that struck him.

On an unrelated note, the next morning, coworkers asked me if I had heard about the incident. From there, I started to talk about how enjoy Raptor and most B&M rides.

:lmao: ^^^^ clever.

It's sad James Young died, blah blah blah. He trespassed in a posted no entry area and ultimately lost his life on account of a poor decision. CP PR staff has done a great respectful job with regards this incident. Still, I find myself upset at the bad decision he made.

I do *NOT* know how reliable the source is or not ,but heard or read somewhere that the family is planning to sue. REALLY?!? I hope that's just a case of an unreliable source and rumor on that one. I also read somewhere that he was supposed to be a special education instructor, yet with his serious lack of judgement, he probably was not entirely capable of such a job. Ok, i'm ranting, and I've made plenty of mistakes in my life. Had he made an error outside of the park and rolled his vehicle as a rough example, it's not like we would have been hearing about it. It's just the location he was at I'm hearing it all over the news.

What I'm wondering - what part of the train hit him? Had a rider been physically injured by him, I'm guessing we would have heard about it? I would be concerned for the emotional toll this may have had on anyone in the train that struck him.

On an unrelated note, the next morning, coworkers asked me if I had heard about the incide

nt. From there, I started to talk about how enjoy Raptor and most B&M rides.

Really, you are surprised about that? Saw that coming a mile away.

And also suing on what grounds, that their idiot family member ignored posted warning signs and a fence to enter an obviously dangerous and restricted area?

Only in america.

Wow. That picture really makes you laugh?

It's obviously dumb to assign any blame to anyone but the guy that hopped the fence, but sitting and guffawing about a man's death via a photoshop of his death?

Again, the inevitable lawsuit is awful and (should be) pointless. This is 100% on the guy. I don't know if he was drinking, or otherwise altered, but the bottom line is that the guy started the day going to a theme park and is now dead. Again 100% HIS fault, but damn someone's son/brother/husband/dad just died ... while I don't share the gusto many have for "just Darwin taking out the trash!!11!!!!", either, somehow that photoshop just seems in bad taste to me.

Might just be me, though, so +1 and like away.

And also suing on what grounds, that their idiot family member ignored posted warning signs and a fence to enter an obviously dangerous and restricted area?

I don't see how they could make a case, either. I mean, the park isn't at fault here no matter how you spin it.

I don't see how they could make a case, either. I mean, the park isn't at fault here no matter how you spin it.

I don't see how they could make a case either. The park did nothing wrong..

It's obviously dumb to assign any blame to anyone but the guy that hopped the fence, but sitting and guffawing about a man's death via a photoshop of his death?

Again, the inevitable lawsuit is awful and (should be) pointless. This is 100% on the guy. I don't know if he was drinking, or otherwise altered, but the bottom line is that the guy started the day going to a theme park and is now dead. Again 100% HIS fault, but damn someone's son/brother/husband/dad just died ... while I don't share the gusto many have for "just Darwin taking out the trash!!11!!!!", either, somehow that photoshop just seems in bad taste to me.

Some people handle things in different ways. I don't think there's anyone here who's not sympathetic to the family but in my opinion there's nothing wrong with lightening the mood with some humor.

Maybe you should have a look at something called "The Stella Awards". Actually started by someone inspired by the McDonalds coffee case. Have fun looking at all the amazing decisions made by juries. It really does make you wonder...

So... Does anyone who has been to the park recently know if the track has started arriving in the area blocked off behind Breakers Express... where they stored Maverick track?? I KNOW they have postponed the annocument, but that doesn't mean that they won't still have track arriving.

Some people handle things in different ways. I don't think there's anyone here who's not sympathetic to the family but in my opinion there's nothing wrong with lightening the mood with some humor.

My thoughts exactly.

I think that there are too many people that have never heard of gallows humor before...

Capture.JPG.052abba5205ba9978c2a26cc7dfa479e.JPG

We know that due to this incident, the name Valravn is likely to be scrapped. Does anybody have an idea of what name the dive coaster will go by? I'm thinking Centurion, as Cedar Fair trademarked that name with Fury 325, and it would fit well with the colour scheme and the names of rides within the park.

We know that due to this incident, the name Valravn is likely to be scrapped. Does anybody have an idea of what name the dive coaster will go by? I'm thinking Centurion, as Cedar Fair trademarked that name with Fury 325, and it would fit well with the colour scheme and the names of rides within the park.

Why does the name need to be changed? Yes, someone passed away at the park, but what does that have to do with Valravn? Please feel free to elaborate on this transparent argument. This entire "rumor" about the name change is based on nothing but the smoke coming out of a delusional enthusiast's ass

We know that due to this incident, the name Valravn is likely to be scrapped.

Why are people still claiming this? Six Flags didn't rename BTR after two accidents that were very similar to this, so why would CP rename a coaster that has no relation to the accident besides being in the same park?

Is this kid just trolling or just stupid?

Wow, this thread has really taught me a lot about the idiocracy of humanity. I cannot believe we have people who felt Cedar Point was partially at fault for not having enough signage and I can't believe that people ACTUALLY BELIEVE that the woman who spilled hot coffee on herself isn't at fault.

Congrats on making this come true....

I know I'm an idiot. That's why I only order iced coffee.

Wow, this thread has really taught me a lot about the idiocracy of humanity. I cannot believe we have people who felt Cedar Point was partially at fault for not having enough signage and I can't believe that people ACTUALLY BELIEVE that the woman who spilled hot coffee on herself isn't at fault.

Congrats on making this come true....

I know I'm an idiot. That's why I only order iced coffee.