TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

IIRC, Raptor's gate injured someone earlier this season. Not a good year for the ride.

Even in the case of the gates it was the park guest at fault. If I remember correctly, they were trying to squeeze through the gate after it had already started closing.

Last time I was at SF:DK I tried to get open of the ride OP's attention on medusa since I was a single rider and there was one spot open on a train in my row. The other guest's in front of me realized this and let me trough but the gate was already closing. And I was not about to risk getting caught between it and the railing. You don't mess with hydraulic systems and you sure as hell don't go into a active ride area.

I agree, too. I sent them a positive response on their FB page amidst all the people saying bad things about the person, which is tragic in itself.

Yeah I don't think speaking ill of someone who has passed away in an accident, even if it was their own fault, is very kosher.

Same exact situation at SFOG, getting in a restricted area is like being in a cage with a wild animal, you need to WATCH where the train is at all times if you decide to make such a life threatening decision. I feel for the guy life is precious, but that mistake will cost ya. Amuesment parks have these rules set for a reason.

Updated report says "Man was looking for his cell phone."

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/ohio/2015/08/13/cedar-point--investigation/31663211/

SANDUSKY, Ohio -- A Cedar Point guest died after he was struck by the Raptor roller coaster around 5 p.m. Thursday.

The man was in a restricted area of the park surrounded by a fence when it happened. He was looking for a lost cell phone, according to a report by the Associated Press.

The Erie County Coroner Dr. Brian Baxter told WKYC Channel 3 that the victim is a man in his 40s. His identity has not been released.

Cedar Point police and the Sandusky Police Department are investigating.

I feel like we need to send some positive vibes somehow to the PR department. First the leak, now this. I just hope their announcement goes will on Tuesday and adds some happy buzz!

Definitely. I'm feeling bad for them as they have the leak and now this... then once the announcement occurs guests and enthusiasts still won't be happy. The ragging of a 'short layout', 'not as tall as MF or TDD', ect. will begin in the comments on their social media accounts.

I'm hoping the announcement goes well for them as this will probably be their biggest announcement until the 150th Anniversary and CP has the best PR/Marketing crew in the amusement park world in my opinion, so they deserve it.

Edited by Intimidator305

Did we miss it?

I still think the park needs to have better instruction on what to do if you lose something on a ride.

Really?!??! You're BLAMING THE PARK!?!?!? What the hell is wrong with you?!?!?! You mean a fence and a GIANT METAL ROLLER COASTER SCREAMING BY YOU isn't instruction enough to figure out that you shouldn't be going to get a lost cell phone in a restricted area???

You know, they put up the fences and signs because of people like you.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.thumb.jpg.5ba56a402c0da32c561fcd1bce9b6fa6.jpg

I still think the park needs to have better instruction on what to do if you lose something on a ride.

Really?!??! You're BLAMING THE PARK!?!?!? What the hell is wrong with you?!?!?! You mean a fence and a GIANT METAL ROLLER COASTER SCREAMING BY YOU isn't instruction enough to figure out that you shouldn't be going to get a lost cell phone in a restricted area???

No. I said he's totally at fault. But there isn't much instruction on what to do if you lose an item on a ride. I'm not saying that to justify ignoring "RESTRICTED AREA" signs. I'm just saying they could have a little more information on what to do in that circumstance. I had to talk my brother out of a similar situation because he didn't know he could simply go and fill out a form to have it returned to him at a later time.

He said they need to put up better instructions if you loose an article. I see signs at other parks, by there aren't many signs that say "your items will be retrieved after the park closes" or something. It should be common sense to climb not over the fence though..

Suspicion confirmed. He's totally at fault. But I still think the park needs to have better instruction on what to do if you lose something on a ride.

Taken right from the park map. And if he didn't have a map, the signs around the fence should have been pretty clear.

Thank you so much for posting this! For crying out loud, the park map has the answer LITERALLY printed right there. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for stupidity!

No. I said he's totally at fault. But there isn't much instruction on what to do if you lose an item on a ride. I'm not saying that to justify ignoring "RESTRICTED AREA" signs. I'm just saying they could have a little more information on what to do in that circumstance. I had to talk my brother out of a similar situation because he didn't know he could simply go and fill out a form to have it returned to him at a later time.

No, you're absolutely suggesting the park is to blame. And you don't even realize what you are saying. Wow, you're a f**kig idiot. So is your brother.

--Robb "Looks like you did draw the shortest straw" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Suspicion confirmed. He's totally at fault. But I still think the park needs to have better instruction on what to do if you lose something on a ride.

Taken right from the park map. And if he didn't have a map, the signs around the fence should have been pretty clear.

Thank you so much for posting this! For crying out loud, the park map has the answer LITERALLY printed right there. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for stupidity!

Fine print on a park map isn't exactly the best way to tell people how to retrieve their lost items. But seriously, I agree. He made a horribly ill-advised decision to ignore the signs in front of his face.

I just truly think the sheer stupidity of people is absolutely mind blowing. I do feel bad for his family, but seriously, if "Danger Do Not Enter", or "Restricted Area" along with an 8 ton train roaring by on steel tubes does not keep you from placing yourself within feet of the ride, you're going to die sooner or later doing something stupid.

He said they need to put up better instructions if you loose an article. I see signs at other parks, by there aren't many signs that say "your items will be retrieved after the park closes" or something.

First of all, it's "lose" not "loose" and I'm assuming that since you're too dumb to know the difference between those two things, that you're also dumb enough to agree that the park would actually need more signage and be partially at fault.

I honestly cannot believe there are people on this forum that would ACTUALLY BELIEVE or think the park might be even slightly remotely at fault due to a lack of signage or instruction. That concept is just so amazingly stupid to me it blows my mind.

We're supposed to be "theme park experts" here, not theme park morons.

lose.png.d43cf5a1e9edae702e616601063ee3d0.png

Edited by robbalvey

The crazy part about these inverted incidents (2x SFOG's Batman, Flight Deck, Raptor) is these are LOUD old school B&Ms. How can you NOT hear the train comin??! Just very odd and unfortunate

EXACTLY! Hell maybe if he would've hit the deck a couple shoes would've hit his ribs instead of in the face.