TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Referring to what I said earlier, I tweeted at the park, as well as Tony and Jason, and Jason responded back to me saying that the announcement WILL be open to the public. Therefore, I WILL be attending. I'm excited.

Oh, that's great to know!

Are you making it up for the announcement Robb? I'd assume not.

I waited for the front, and now I will have dreams of "black seatbelt first, yellow lapbar second." Question, do people mess that up that often? There are so many coasters with seatbelts and you practically almost sit on them when getting into the train. I guess I'm not surprised though.

P.S. Major credit for remaining enthusiastic! Got a good laugh at a couple of versions of the spiels.

Random question, why does Millenium Force have two holes in the front of each train?

It's a key element of Intamin's old hyper/giga train design. The holes allow the front wheel bogies have more room to roll/flex their way around a transition in the track since the front car body is one big piece that just fits over the front wheel bogies and doesn't flex.

The newer train designs like on the Mega-Lites by comparison have a separate body piece that just attaches to the front bogies, allowing more roll flexibility for the train.

Question, do people mess that up that often? There are so many coasters with seatbelts and you practically almost sit on them when getting into the train. I guess I'm not surprised though.

Yes. Even when the seat belts are bright orange or yellow on a black seat. "Oh I didn't notice those!" "You mean you didn't notice the bright orange seatbelt and silver buckle stabbing you in the butt when you sit down?"

^ Theme of the ride. Matches the circle glasses that were cool back in 1999...

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 12.57.10 AM.png[/attachment]

(Greatest ride promo video EVER! )

Definitely, the video is so perfect for 1999-2000. Combine that with the music, mmmmmmm.

Just finished a day at Cedar Point with a night ride in the front row on Millennium Force, with an awesome ride crew including TPR member Josh. Great to meet you!

How bad were the sand flies? We rode Top Thrill in the front seat at dusk last year and got plastered. I wanted to ride MF at night this year at Halloweekends and was considering sitting in the back seat because of the sand flies.

P.S. Major credit for remaining enthusiastic! Got a good laugh at a couple of versions of the spiels.

I'll assume you're talking about TPR's own JRice92. Whatever they pay that guy it's not enough.

I waited for the front, and now I will have dreams of "black seatbelt first, yellow lapbar second." Question, do people mess that up that often?

Yes... Yes they do.

Black and yellow, you know what it is.

How bad were the sand flies? We rode Top Thrill in the front seat at dusk last year and got plastered. I wanted to ride MF at night this year at Halloweekends and was considering sitting in the back seat because of the sand flies.

I was expecting to come off the front-row ride looking like a windshield on the freeway, as I have several times before, but that didn't happen. Maybe hit a few bugs with my arms on the way, but it wasn't bad at all.

Just finished a day at Cedar Point with a night ride in the front row on Millennium Force, with an awesome ride crew including TPR member Josh. Great to meet you!

i got nailed so bad a couple years ago. we ended up waiting too long for the front so dusk hit and i swear we had to be the first ones through when they all congregated. lol i was covered. in my eye, nose, mouth. shirt became a polka dot shirt. too me forever to clean my shirt after i got home. haha

I'll assume you're talking about TPR's own JRice92. Whatever they pay that guy it's not enough.

I waited for the front, and now I will have dreams of "black seatbelt first, yellow lapbar second." Question, do people mess that up that often?

Yes... Yes they do.

Thank you for the compliment coasterbill!

And yes, people pull down their lap bars first all the time, almost once every other train. Our spiels are constantly evolving so we can minimize guests pulling down the lap bars first.

Yes... Yes they do.

And yes, people pull down their lap bars first all the time, almost once every other train. Our spiels are constantly evolving so we can minimize guests pulling down the lap bars first.

I hope you're returning next year for when we visit Cedar Point in 2016!

I knew the struggle all too well in the years I worked XC @ KBF. We tried the reverse psychology approach a few times: Please pull the lapbar down first before fastening the seat belt. Sad to say it did work.

I hope you're returning next year for when we visit Cedar Point in 2016!

That's the plan! This winter I'm planning on heading down to Orlando or Tampa to work in one of the parks there during the off season!