TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Put me in the "it's real" camp. Your better res layout will accompany the announcement...this is just a little app where they are trying something new.

Now I did say I enjoyed the dive coaster I've riden and was excited for this, but this layout just seems uninspiring. It'll be good fun and diversify the offering some more but couldn't we just have another Maverick. Ya know, help alleviate the lines there a bit.

Maybe it's because that quadruple down over at Dollywood is all I can really think of.

I could easily be like: It looks fake so must be fake. But being the open minded person I am about this I'm going to say this:

If real: This looks promising, A dive with at least 3 inversions and 2 drops, I'm in. Besides that logo looks awesome.

If fake: Like I said this looks promising so if this is fake I hope CP comes with something a bit more interesting.

Well in over 10 days we know.

Put me in the "it's real" camp. Your better res layout will accompany the announcement...this is just a little app where they are trying something new.

Now I did say I enjoyed the dive coaster I've riden and was excited for this, but this layout just seems uninspiring. It'll be good fun and diversify the offering some more but couldn't we just have another Maverick. Ya know, help alleviate the lines there a bit.

Maybe it's because that quadruple down over at Dollywood is all I can really think of.

Not sure if its real or not, but personally think this would be better suited to CW. At a park like CP, this layout just seems "meh" to me.

^^^Agreed. I think people aren't believing this because of the layout. Maybe it's not as good at people expected, so they just are pretending not to believe it. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, but this looks real to me. Dive coasters are great rides and this coaster is going to be great no matter what, and the GP will eat it up. I think it's the same as what happened with Gatekeeper, no, it may not be a Maverick, but the GP still ate it up, and brought in more people. Maybe they're going for the same thing next year. Well we will know soon enough.

This is faked,

A: the park uses a different software for animations.

B: the cedar point banners logo is not proof that this is real, it was used before this was released.

C: this would be much shorter than it would most likely be

D: this being true would make the original leak totally false. Everyone took that as fact before but this is even less credible.

This is faked,

A: the park uses a different software for animations.

B: the cedar point banners logo is not proof that this is real, it was used before this was released.

C: this would be much shorter than it would most likely be

D: this being true would make the original leak totally false. Everyone took that as fact before but this is even less credible.

A: They aren't using this as a professional promotional off ride flyaround. They're trying Virtual Reality.

B: Seems like a pretty good "fake" to me then

C: All dive machines are short, and this is the longest one by far. How do you know how long it should be? You don't.

D: How would it make the original leak false? The only thing that this proves wrong about the memo is 4 inversions. Also, the VR app screenshots don't give us a full idea of the entire layout, so there could definitely be another inversion there somewhere.

Being knowledgeable about some graphic design, These logos, backgrounds, and custom google cardboard prints are too well done to be by some amateur leak artist.

My vote: this is definitely real.

Sorry for the double post. This is important. I downloaded the .apk file for Cedar Point's VR app. I then decompiled it and looked at all files inside. Unfortunately there are no pictures of the animation that are viewable to your average user (and frankly, I have no idea how to go into the code to view the 3d render).

This is the important part. I went into a random file called "mainData" because well, it said main so I assumed the bulk of code would be there. Well it opens in notepad and there's all those random characters that no one understands with a few words scattered about. I almost quit there, but I decided, "Hey, what if the word Valravn is in here somewhere!?". I did Ctrl+F, searched the word Valravn. Sure enough Valravn came up highlighted next. If that doesn't already confirm that at least the name is indeed valravn, I don't know what does! Why would they stick the word Valravn in coding files for an app if it was just a fake? They wouldn't. Also, I noticed the word fastest to the left of the word Valravn.

Edit: Ah, more conclusive evidence has been posted on the last page as I was typing. All the doubters, you have no reason to expect anything else now.

I'll leave this here:

http://m.imgur.com/a/mvfRv

OMG!!! WHERE IS THE VERTICAL LOOP?!?! WHY IS THERE NO VERTICAL LOOP?? I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WOULD DO THIS TO US. UGH I'M NEVER GOING TO CEDAR POINT AGAIN.

In all seriousness though, *if* this turns out to be the real layout... no complaints from me. It looks like a solid addition to the park.

Dom497 wrote:

I'll leave this here:

Like I said this looks promising. At least 3 different Inversions on a Dive so we get to see more tricks.

That said, and I know people will think I'm complaining believe I'm not, the Immelmann after the drop has the seen that done that feeling to it. I mean every Dive after Sheikra had that like to see them do some other trick for once. And not going the Krake route with adding a Splash between them, I mean that still looks to a drop followed by a Immelmann to me as the splash is just a straight path and not a "Real" element. But the lay-out looks great and will work with the public for sure.

I'm convinced that this is real. If it is it's a shame it was leaked and it was not a surprise. I don't like it when the excitement gets taken out of announcements from leaked images/logos, but it's not that big of a deal. The layout looks good, it's a lot similar to the previous dive machines than I thought it would be.