TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Not sure where to post this but this article was an interesting read:

http://fw.to/KDbqEuW

Looks like we could be seeing refurbished flat rides hit the Cedar Fair parks sometime soon.

Looks like Dorney will be getting more used rides

From the looks of it, all of Cedar Fair parks could be getting a used ride!

Not sure where to post this but this article was an interesting read:

http://fw.to/KDbqEuW

Looks like we could be seeing refurbished flat rides hit the Cedar Fair parks sometime soon.

Looks like Dorney will be getting more used rides

From the looks of it, all of Cedar Fair parks could be getting a used ride!

Hell yeah, bring SkyLab back to KI!

Dang! I'm leaving for Canada the day after the announcement. I would love to take a trip though. Oh well gotta get my ride on Leviathan. And get more credits. And cry realizing i'm riding Leviathan over Mille...

Looks like both Jason and Tony are hyping the "witness history" thing a little more. I'm gonna try to be there to see!

I'd die of laughter if "witness history" was a tie-in with Lebron again. Remember the uproar when they announced their partnership last year with the Lebron James Foundation?

^Don't forget, if things stand true to the "leaked plans", it will also feature a "Worlds First". World's first Vertical Loop on a Dive Coaster. And wouldn't longest drop on a Dive Coaster count as a record too?

Anyway, exciting times ahead. Tis the season!

It will be interesting to see how they pull off a vertical loop with such wide trains

It would just have to be a really wide loop!

^^I'm voting the tallest, fastest, LONGEST, and most inversions on a dive machine. Those four world records all seem VERY doable for a new Cedar Point coaster.

Not only do they seem very doable... They very much so seem like something Cedar Point would do. I sure hope your guess is right!!! That would be a hell of a ride!

It will be interesting to see how they pull off a vertical loop with such wide trains

Are the trains that much wider than Wing Riders? Thunder Bird has a vertical loop.

Yes, and substantially. They hang 3 seats on each side off of the already much wider track.

I'm gonna be there too! So pumped!

Seriously though, I'm super excited for the idea of a dive coaster, as they are one of B&M's best designs to me.

That being said, I'm half expecting Cedar Point to throw a huge curveball and announce a new dark ride or something similar.

^ Personally I would HATE to see a launched Dive Coaster. To me part of a Dive Coaster is the slow climb up the lift hill. It builds the anticipation knowing that every foot you climb is a foot you're going to be falling straight down (Not counting pullout obviously.) Launching into a holding brake not only kills the pace of the ride, but it kills the anticipation factor.

IMO: A launch on a Dive Coaster defeats the point of a Dive Coaster, unless it's a Mid-course launch like Maverick, and doesn't launch into a holding brake.

Given how tall they're wanting to make the ride, I don't think this would be feasible, but I think it would be cool to see some type of launch on a dive coaster at some point. Something like this:

Credit- David Palmero

Wow. The first element on that coaster looks freaking awesome. Even if it wasn't on a dive coaster, I'd love to see an element like that built one day.

Wow. The first element on that coaster looks freaking awesome. Even if it wasn't on a dive coaster, I'd love to see an element like that built one day.

To me it just looks like someone took half of a giant corkscrew, and mixed it with half of an inline twist.

To me it just looks like someone took half of a giant corkscrew, and mixed it with half of an inline twist.

That may be the case, but it still looks awesome.