TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Looking for a little help here with tips for my first CP trip!

-Going to CP Friday Aug 28th, and Sat the 29th

-Staying in breakers express both nights to get early access

-Thinking about getting fast lane plus on saturday.... thoughts?

-For early entry is it through the main gate, or is there a side entrance?

-Does anyone have a link regarding how I should hit rides? I think I wanna try to wait to ride Maverick till later in the first day, as to not spoil myself too early

-Has anyone used the all day meal plan? It looks like it might be worth it

Thanks!

Please spoil yourself, the lines even with a fp+ can get up to 45 mins, especially on a Saturday and Friday I bet. Also 100% get the fastpass PLUS, because the extra $20 is worth it.

That screams of Valravn to me...

^I couldn't agree more. After seeing the banner, I am sold. It, whatever it is, will be Valravn.

See, I had quite the opposite response. There's nothing in Valravn folklore or legend about water, or lightning. On top of

that, the font for CP2016 looks distinctly "pirate-esque" to me. Couple that with pirates going along with darkness, and an open sea, and when I saw that I immediately thought it must not be the Valravn coaster. I see how the water could not matter regarding the theme (other than to represent CP being on a peninsula?), and the script could be medieval possibly too. But my initial reaction was that it looked more piratical, than mythological Danish beast...

Just to be clear - I'd prefer it to be Valravn, so hopefully you're right!

Cedar Point just posted this picture on their Facebook page.

... August 18 was Leviathan's announcement date.

It's also Roberto Clemente's birthday and the 403rd anniversary of the trials of the Pendle and Samlesbury witches, among the most famous of England's witch trials. It's also recognized as "Bad Poetry Day".

All of these clues can only mean one thing...

absolutely nothing.

September 18th was Rougarou's announcement date....

Atlantis Adventure is 2,198.2' long, remove the twos and the nine, and you have 18.

Aqua Trax confirmed.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Cedar Point just posted this picture on their Facebook page.

... August 18 was Leviathan's announcement date.

So it's a stand up B and M giga? Gotta replace mantis somehow.

But I think it could be Valran, maybe the picture isn't spoiling the ride theme. Maybe it's spoiling something else.

^^And when Canada gets the first Dive coaster (as well as steepest coaster) in the country's history... A far more marketable/likely concept than putting the coaster at CP, where a dive coaster will just blend in (even the track colour blends in lol)

Edited by canadianparkfan

I can't wait until everyones all butthurt when they announce the '20,000 Leagues Under Lake Erie' dark ride they are opening in 2016.

That's what I've been saying!

Here's my standing on this. Tony said in that video questionnare that the 2016 attraction is going to be behind the wall. Where they just ripped down the Good Time Theatre. I would think when they tear down a building in an amusement park with limited space such as Cedar Point, they wouldn't just throw another building in it's place the next year. I'm thinking of that space in the park to be a recreation of what happened with Gatekeeper, They tore down the building to open up the area and give more views of the beach and Lake Erie. When there's a coaster into the Pumpkin Patch, it will make for 7 Coasters beautifully set right along the shoreline. It will be quite the sight to behold both on and off the peninsula and as I already said it will give spectacular views - maybe even more unique ones based on which direction the drop is pointing because of that brake at the top of the drop. To me, if they were gonna build a dark ride, it would be stupid to do it in that specific location. If it was to be more in the middle of the park, maybe near or even inside some of the existing structures so it doesn't stand out I'd believe it to be a dark ride. But you don't see a timeline of the parks "Legacy of world class dark rides" now, do you?

But you don't see a timeline of the parks "Legacy of world class dark rides" now, do you?

This is why I think it isn't going to be a Dark ride. Why would they be teasing the entire summer just to switch it?

Don't forget: Wonder Mountain's Guardian IS considered a coaster...