TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

You People waste too much time on Break Downs and hourly capacity, who cares. They are mechanical machines and don't run a consist line, who really cares. There is going to be problems that arise and they will deal with them as they can. A hourly capacity is set for a ride that runs with no problems, that usually don't happen every hour.

I would imagine that if they don't absolutely have to evac Raptor, then they wont. Why? because it's an invert and more difficult to evacuate then most other coasters. First, there is no floor or even panels beneath the whole lift. A panel has to be slid on a track and lined up with the cars to create the surface. Plus it's kind of dicey moving people on an angle like that to the catwalk high in the air.

If that isn't enough trouble, everyone needs to have on shoes to avoid any injuries, so somebody needs to bring up all the loose shoes and distribute them to their owner.

You People waste too much time on Break Downs and hourly capacity, who cares. They are mechanical machines and don't run a consist line, who really cares. There is going to be problems that arise and they will deal with them as they can. A hourly capacity is set for a ride that runs with no problems, that usually don't happen every hour.

^So what do they do for those people who lost 3+ hours in the park? Say sorry as they get off..? Or do they have some sort of policy? I mean, I may be a small percentage who feels this way but I would be furious if I was stuck on a ride for such a long time and the park did nothing to make it up to me and my fellow riders. Maybe not something as extreme as fast passes for the rest of the day... Or bounce back tickets because some people won't be able to make it out to the park after that trip... Especially people from out of state. But something...

^So what do they do for those people who lost 3+ hours in the park? Say sorry as they get off..? Or do they have some sort of policy? I mean, I may be a small percentage who feels this way but I would be furious if I was stuck on a ride for such a long time and the park did nothing to make it up to me and my fellow riders. Maybe not something as extreme as fast passes for the rest of the day... Or bounce back tickets because some people won't be able to make it out to the park after that trip... Especially people from out of state. But something...

I'm not sure how the park handles incidents like this. Maybe someone who visits the park more has insight of this. I know Disney/Universal give out exit passes but i'm not sure about CF.

From an operations/safety standpoint, their goal is to try and cycle the ride through rather than evacuate. Getting stuck on a lift hill won't receive too much publicity, but an injury will. Look at the guy who got his leg caught in Raptor's gate. From a mechanical standpoint, mechanics would rather use their time to fix the ride than to waste it setting up evac platforms.

There is a limit of how long they will leave people waiting before evacuating. I've seen some coasters go as quick as 20 minutes before evacuating because they were sit-downs and easier.

Where as a coaster like MF or Raptor can be longer because of their unique circumstances. Anything longer than two hours would be ridiculous and by then maintenance would have to start setting up the platforms.

^The color scheme would make much more sense for CW's Ziz

this is truth and apparently Wonderlands GM was caught saying he'd love to add a dive coaster to wonderland

Behemoth is orange with blue supports

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPxz5pKLtvFQ5cue4bCklFyBz8XiADPqbKrfLN_Ko95-dzLbYo

similar colours, so the dive coaster could go to anyone.

Edited by sal123

^So what do they do for those people who lost 3+ hours in the park? Say sorry as they get off..? Or do they have some sort of policy?

I'm not sure how the park handles incidents like this. Maybe someone who visits the park more has insight of this. I know Disney/Universal give out exit passes but i'm not sure about CF.

Perhaps it's changed this season, but I was stuck on Raptor's MCBR for over one hour during HalloWeekends last year. The issue was explained as being related to a sensor along the brake run. My train of returning riders, along with the few people who remained waiting in the station, received a real exit pass (not Fast Lane merge point) for anything in the park, & Raptor closed for the night. I picked Millennium Force and showed my pass at the exit. I expected the operator to tell me where to sit, but after examining it closely he declared, "Ah, yes...okay...with that pass, you can ride anywhere," and I rode in the front. While my train was moving toward the load station, I could hear the operator say to another member of the crew something to the effect of, "Yeah, he had one of those passes...so-and-so signed it, it's fine."

I don't know if they have a policy to scale-up the "sorry!" perks after multiple hours, but that was my experience last year.

Management will give out exit passes. Depending on the situation at management's discretion they will give 2+ exit passes (and maybe more) if it's a serious downtime situation. I can't speak for every ride in the park, but if you come up with an exit pass to Millennium Force we will let you sit in any seat including front seat.

I'm telling you - it's a pirate themed dark ride/coaster!

Seriously, this has been my underlying feeling about CP 2016 for a while now, with a new coaster coming 2017. I know somebody said earlier the Oiumet said no dark rides in 2016, but I've not seen that quote, personally. So, if somebody could produce it and post it here, that would be helpful. Of course, even if he DID say it, honestly, it's not like amusement park operators never "lie" about coming attractions, you know!

Looking for a little help here with tips for my first CP trip!

-Going to CP Friday Aug 28th, and Sat the 29th

-Staying in breakers express both nights to get early access

-Thinking about getting fast lane plus on saturday.... thoughts?

-For early entry is it through the main gate, or is there a side entrance?

-Does anyone have a link regarding how I should hit rides? I think I wanna try to wait to ride Maverick till later in the first day, as to not spoil myself too early

-Has anyone used the all day meal plan? It looks like it might be worth it

Thanks!

You can enter any gate for Early Entry. As far as waiting to ride Maverick, I always suggest riding Dragster (not open for Early entry), and Maverick quickly as they're not the most reliable rides in the world and I'd hate to see you miss out just because you were holding out to ride them later.

Cedar Point's maintenance team does a good job with them and I know you're there for 2 days but it's better to be safe than sorry. Also, Fastlane or not Early Entry is the time to ride Maverick as it gets ridiculous lines.

Edited by coasterbill