TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This week I found that spiders come out at night. I looked above my head while waiting for MF (my favorite ride with Maverick as my second favorite).

I noticed the spiders are some healthy beefy creatures. None of the rides are scary... what's in the web above - that's downright terrifying!

Ugh! I seriously just got shivers. I HATE spiders. UGH!!

This week I found that spiders come out at night. I looked above my head while waiting for MF (my favorite ride with Maverick as my second favorite).

I noticed the spiders are some healthy beefy creatures. None of the rides are scary... what's in the web above - that's downright terrifying!

Haha, back when I went in June, we got off Rougarou as it started raining and everyone stood under the on-ride photo area. A big ol' spider started creeping its way down on to some bald guys head and all the girls started screaming. The guy batted at it and it ended up landing on some poor souls foot. More screaming happened and then I saved the day by stepping on it. Good times.

One year I looked up while in line for MF, and there was a Black Widow spider - no joke - hanging upside down in the web at the center of the awning! Needless to say, everybody gave the center of THAT section of the queue a wide berth!

Looking down the wall of Wicked Twister that faces the lake one year, I saw tons, and I mean tons of huge webs lined up alongside it, with those massive black spiders like in the picture on them. That was definitely creepy for a mild arachnophobe!

I am new to the Fast Lane world. The only time I've bought one was last summer at Canada's Wonderland, where the Fast Lane entrance led directly to the station for each ride. In this thread, I've heard some of you guys talk about merge points, so I'm interpreting that to mean that at CP some of the FL lines don't lead directly to the station. Does anyone know where I can find out where the merge point is for each ride included on FL? Knowing this would help me decide whether to buy a FL next time I'm at CP. Thanks to each one of you that has posted in this thread. I have truly enjoyed your insights and have learned a lot.

I am new to the Fast Lane world. The only time I've bought one was last summer at Canada's Wonderland, where the Fast Lane entrance led directly to the station for each ride. In this thread, I've heard some of you guys talk about merge points, so I'm interpreting that to mean that at CP some of the FL lines don't lead directly to the station. Does anyone know where I can find out where the merge point is for each ride included on FL? Knowing this would help me decide whether to buy a FL next time I'm at CP. Thanks to each one of you that has posted in this thread. I have truly enjoyed your insights and have learned a lot.

It's more or less directly to the station. For Millennium Force, you join at the bottom of the ramp, and your wait ends up being about 15 minutes. For Maverick, its right before the station, unless there's a FL line, which can happen, still won't be long. TTD is below the ramp, similar to MF.

Most of the merge points are basically the very end of the normal queue, usually at a stair intersection or something of the sort. Depending on the ride, you might wait 0-10 minutes. But the waiting is rare. Hope this helped.

This week I found that spiders come out at night

Last week I returned to the station while riding Raptor. Just before the restraints were released I felt a little something on my leg. Then before I knew it, the spider ascended to right in front of my face! I was trapped!

By some insane amount of luck the spider did not eat my face off.

This week I found that spiders come out at night

Last week I returned to the station while riding Raptor. Just before the restraints were released I felt a little something on my leg. Then before I knew it, the spider ascended to right in front of my face! I was trapped!

By some insane amount of luck the spider did not eat my face off.

It's all the work of the Spider Lady.

superman1948spiderlady.jpg

That's almost the same exact pain color on Rougarou, I'd be surprised if that is CP.

And Maverick is almost the exact same paint color as Top Thrill Dragster.

I will be surprised if this is NOT for Cedar Point.

Cedar Point isn't the world's most friendly place for an arachnophobe. Try being stuck under the overhang on the Maverick brake run during an unload cycle with one of those suspended directly overhead.

Spiders eat bugs, of which there's more than a few at Cedar Point.