TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Carowinds was very nice about letting me order one by phone, they are sending out my Fury model tomorrow. For those of you interested in getting the "whole set" of CD Nanocoasters from CP, and want to order, you may be better off waiting until all 3 are done and just order them all together. In addition to Millennium Force, they will also be selling Gatekeeper and Top Thrill Dragster in the future. (I have my fingers crossed for a Maverick!)

Coaster Dynamix has been posting some images on their facebook of their upcoming projects including the two new Cedar Point models in addition to MF.

GK.thumb.jpg.005d50151ee104b4f066d4afe6e81f0e.jpg

Gatekeeper (with gates!)

TTD.thumb.jpg.97170d81b0843cadb9abc1fdb3398f53.jpg

Top Thrill Dragster (This one will be fun to paint!)

Cyclone.thumb.jpg.e6632cd2ff2e7afdaa7dd8bf8e6e8ab5.jpg

Not Cedar Point, but the Coney Island Cyclone will be for sale directly on the CD website eventually.

Coaster Dynamix has been posting some images on their facebook of their upcoming projects including the two new Cedar Point models in addition to MF.

OMG! YES!!! I will be buying these as soon as I can! I really like the Gatekeeper one.

I hope overall the nano coasters are successful in sales at CP and Carowinds, I have only built Thunder Road so far and it was super up to build and I think it looks great! Maybe we will even see a dive machine model for sale next year, might be time to buy a tiny bottle of orange paint...

Cost wise I know Carowinds is charging $29.99 for Fury 325 model , I paid $19 for the prototype racer which will be sold at KD as Rebel Yell and Carowinds as Thunder Road respectively. They also have been showing off a Sheikra prototype so hopefully Busch parks will want to sell them.

I can't help but get the feeling that CP is gearing up to make their announcement this weekend, as they want to get their name and new attraction out there before Dollywood announces, and theirs potentially knocks CP's back some in prominence. Maybe not, but this webcam move seems to indicate something's up!

Did they use a method of teasing like this for any other new rides like GateKeeper?

No, they have teased all of their major coaster announcements differently, which is exactly what I'd expect them to do! Mix it up, keep things interesting, and most of all, keep people guessing!

I can't help but get the feeling that CP is gearing up to make their announcement this weekend, as they want to get their name and new attraction out there before Dollywood announces, and theirs potentially knocks CP's back some in prominence. Maybe not, but this webcam move seems to indicate something's up!

I have a feeling that the announcement will be over the weekend, Dollywood is going to make an impact on the announcement if they don't do it...

I received a very interesting email from Cedar Point today! I have a feeling exciting news is on its way!

I AM CRAZY NOW DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING ROBB PLEASE THIS IS KILLING ME

Oh, what a shame! I hope you don't die before the news is released!