TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I read my post and I saw that I phrased it wrong

I want to point out amidst this argument that if a ride pulls a high amount of g's in one spot, it does not make it a forceful ride. After Millennium Force's first drop and pull out, the ride is not all that intense or forceful from what I remember...maybe I'm wrong, too. Either way, I'd say at least 3-4 high g-force moments are necessary for me to consider a particular ride forceful.

20134034161_d244d8f845_n.jpg

I took this July 11. I don't know if this has been posted before or has been there forever. If so, please disregard the following.

EDIT: Never mind, Google Maps confirms this has been there since at least August of 2011.

19507785383_67316f4a41_n.jpg

Edited by JonnyRCT3

20134034161_d244d8f845_c.jpg

I took this July 11. I don't know if this has been posted before or has been there forever. If so, please disregard the following.

This may point towards Raptor getting a fresh coat of paint next season. Which further fuels/confirms the new coaster rumor as Raptor would look nice & pretty next to the new hotness. If I recall correctly Mantis had some "sample" paint added last season, so next year we may see a repainted Raptor. Interesting nonetheless.

At least there's no orange in sight

20134034161_d244d8f845_c.jpg

This may point towards Raptor getting a fresh coat of paint next season. Which further fuels/confirms the new coaster rumor as Raptor would look nice & pretty next to the new hotness. If I recall correctly Mantis had some "sample" paint added last season, so next year we may see a repainted Raptor. Interesting nonetheless.

If I remember correctly that paint was there last last summer...

I mean seriously, why would the park be using a coaster that isn't even built yet as an advertising piece to bring people to an event in September and the coaster doesn't open for another 8 months?

Maybe it's filler and was used because it looks dramatic against the dark night sky. Parks do this all the time and enthusiats always look way too far into these things.

Maybe I'm wrong and this is another teaser (and I do believe a dive machine will be announced next month), but this might have absolutely nothing to do with 2016 plans and everything to do with filling in space on an overlooked background--just like the Kings Dominion website background mystery coaster.

I mean seriously, why would the park be using a coaster that isn't even built yet as an advertising piece to bring people to an event in September and the coaster doesn't open for another 8 months?

Foreshadowing?

I don't necessarily think they put it on there to bring people into the park. I mean most of the GP isn't going to see the Dive Machine there, and even realize it is a dive machine. They just see a coaster.

If I remember correctly that paint was there last last summer...

You're correct on that one. Raptor does need a paint job though... and new lights.

Hopefully the keep the same colors and just repaint it. Nothing better then a green beamer

Would Anybody that is going to the park soon or frequents CP be willing to pick me up one of these and ship it to me? they should be available Saturday and i will be able to paypal the money to you to cover the price of shipping and item as well.

11825677_10152887529886431_3973970612831318795_n.jpg.7251093bf5490651485b8961f1f3c233.jpg

coaster dynamix MF

11218459_10152875584876431_1223344735504459902_n.thumb.jpg.f85783c7681510f32f3a4e9e1d08b9b3.jpg

I will be at the park on Saturday or Sunday but I'm unsure if I'll be able to ship them. Does anybody know which gift shop they'll sell them in?

Also, the CoasterDynamix Facebook page said that if you call the park you should be able to order one over the phone.

Thanks, I think I'll try that.