TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

A lot of numbers pulled out of thin air in regards to estimates about where CP's crowd comes from. Only real factual evidence that we can rely on is that Michigan does indeed blow.

But really, it's interesting hearing all of your input into where our crowds come from and how that info may be obtained. A lot of variables involved in an industry where you really have only 3 months for your flagship park to provide the results you need. Location and audience obviously plays a big role. I wouldn't be surprised if numbers go up in the coming years as Cleveland certainly is on the rebound as is Detroit to some degree.

Amidst all of this speculation about the track, does anybody have some numbers on the percentage of the time our predictions are correct? All the Nick Cages over on the B&M plant thread are certainly cooking up some intriguing inferences.

Michigan Blows!

A worthwhile and constructive post.

Dick.

If you're comparing Michigan to Ohio, Michigan wins every time. I live about a half hour out of Detroit and yes, Cedar Point is closer to me than MIA (2 hours compared to 3 1/2) but just because the amusement park isnt as great doesn't mean the entire state is. Like Ohio has Cedar Point and Kings Island but really that's it. Michigan has two peninsulas filled with natural beauty, in addition to the obvious fact that we're surrounded by the great lakes. Ohio may have Lake Erie (Lake EWie, as I call it) but everything else overpowers two amusement parks. Enjoy your corn, Ohio.

In all seriousness though I'm not hating on Ohio because cedar point is my life, however insulting the whole state because of a relatively average amusement park is a low blow. It's not michigan's fault MIA is neglected!

Not to get off topic, but the park was apparently packed today. Supposedly, Millennium Force had a posted 1.5 hour wait with a 45 minute Fast Lane line. I know that the FL line merges with the regular queue at the ramp which is about 15 minutes or so to the station. If this claim is true, they need to either start selling less or move replace Rougarou with Millennium in the FL+ tier.

I'm here now at Hotel Breakers. Yes, the park was INSANE today. We already ordered Fast Pass for tomorrow. Not taking any chances

Relax folks. Us Ohioans have nothing truly against Michigan! I personally only speak the way I do because I have scarlet and grey running through my veins! Both are great states in a great country!

I'm just saying, Cleveland is the reason I'm cool.

Good to hear the park was packed. Last week I was taking a couple of non-pass holders to the park. The weekday deals are totally a bargain compared to the weekend prices. Seems as though there were far more deals overall than offered in the past. I can dig that.

Enjoy your corn, Ohio.

4/5 Great Lakes do prefer Michigan...

I definitely dig the idea of a dive machine, I really like them... but I hope that track isn't for Cedar Point. Floorless trains and four inversions is similar enough to rougarou, the slightly unpronounceable predicted name doesn't help differentiate it, and now the track is basically the same color? The height and the drop are about to be the only differentiation this coaster has... right across the midway.

Enjoy your corn, Ohio.

I definitely dig the idea of a dive machine, I really like them... but I hope that track isn't for Cedar Point. Floorless trains and four inversions is similar enough to rougarou, the slightly unpronounceable predicted name doesn't help differentiate it, and now the track is basically the same color? The height and the drop are about to be the only differentiation this coaster has... right across the midway.

I'm with you 100% on this! I don't have anything against a Dive Machine either, and will definitely be happy with it, if that's what it ends up being. But for the reasons you stated, plus a few others, I just feel like it's superfluous given what CP already has. Considering what they don't have, that they could put in that spot, is what makes a Dive Machine seem like a let-down, even though it would still be awesome.

Besides, I'm still half-expecting the bomb to be dropped that the track we're seeing is for a major new coaster for Canada's Wonderland, and CP is going to get that Dark Ride/Coaster in 2016!

In all seriousness though I'm not hating on Ohio because cedar point is my life, however insulting the whole state because of a relatively average amusement park is a low blow.

I was actually referring to that school up North in Ann Arbor!

I live 4 and a half hours away from CP and 40 minutes from Kings island. The years we had Platinum Passes we visited Cedar Point more than Kings Island. So yes CP is close at that distance.

Its like you live right next to me. Those are almost exactly the distances for me.

I live in Northern Kentucky

A lot of numbers pulled out of thin air in regards to estimates about where CP's crowd comes from. Only real factual evidence that we can rely on is that Michigan does indeed blow.

Enjoy your corn, Ohio.

I'm enjoying this Michigan vs Ohio thing way too much.

Enjoy your corn, Ohio.

I'm with you 100% on this! I don't have anything against a Dive Machine either, and will definitely be happy with it, if that's what it ends up being. But for the reasons you stated, plus a few others, I just feel like it's superfluous given what CP already has. Considering what they don't have, that they could put in that spot, is what makes a Dive Machine seem like a let-down, even though it would still be awesome.

Or maybe KD. There was a rumor that something from B&M would replace Shockwave. I don't see it as likely, though, due to the small footprint that SW covers.

Besides, I'm still half-expecting the bomb to be dropped that the track we're seeing is for a major new coaster for Canada's Wonderland, and CP is going to get that Dark Ride/Coaster in 2016!

If this ends up going to Cedar Point I think it's going to look great. Even though it's orange. . . And there are "way to many coasters at Cedar Point that are the same color" . . . It's going to be a great addition to the parks skyline, and the track is so large that it is unique enough for it to stand out from the other coasters there.

No one complained we SheiKra was built even though it is a similar color to Scorpion. Just saying.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

If this ends up going to Cedar Point I think it's going to look great. Even though it's orange. . . And there are "way to many coasters at Cedar Point that are the same color" . . . It's going to be a great addition to the parks skyline, and the track is so large that it is unique enough for it to stand out from the other coasters there.

No one complained we SheiKra was built even though it is a similar color to Scorpion. Just saying.

With the color scheme comment, he's just referring to the fact that Gatekeeper, Millennium Force, Corkscrew, and Blue Streak have relatively similar color schemes, as do Maverick, Iron Dragon, Top Thrill Dragster, and Magnum. By my count, that's 4 blue and 4 red.

With the color scheme comment, he's just referring to the fact that Gatekeeper, Millennium Force, Corkscrew, and Blue Streak have relatively similar color schemes, as do Maverick, Iron Dragon, Top Thrill Dragster, and Magnum. By my count, that's 4 blue and 4 red.

How dare you forget Pipe Scream