TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That wording is weird. "First floorless coaster". It's almost like they are hinting at another coaster with no floor... I wonder what that would be.

My head split both ways as being a hint and not being one. My mind is so hyped right now though that all I can think is that it is one...

Technically, raptor and wicked twister are floorless coasters as well.

What about Gate Keeper? What if this whole time its just a modification for Pipe Scream that makes it floorless. Then floorless Millenium Force. Then floorless Maverick. Everything will be floorless!

What about Gate Keeper? What if this whole time its just a modification for Pipe Scream that makes it floorless. Then floorless Millenium Force. Then floorless Maverick. Everything will be floorless!

Your out of your seat so much on Maverick I forgot it even had a floor

Honestly, I'd be kind of okay with floorless MF.

^ Personally, I do feel like it was intentional. The entire Coaster wall has been part of a teaser for the 2016 announcement all along.

What if CP tears down the current posters and starts putting up their major flat rides in chronological order? Plot twist.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Honestly, I'd be kind of okay with floorless MF.

^ Personally, I do feel like it was intentional. The entire Coaster wall has been part of a teaser for the 2016 announcement all along.

What if CP tears down the current posters starts putting up their major flat rides in chronological order? Plot twist.

GPshdb3.png

I'm sorry, but I don't see the value of spending $55 to skip a couple of lines. Here is the list of rides included in the fast pass and the length of the lines on a typical day.

ANTIQUE CARS - 5-10 min wait

BLUE STREAK- 20 min wait during day, typically a walk on at night

CADILLAC CARS- 10 min wait tops

CORKSCREW -5-10 min

DODGEM -5-10 min

GEMINI- 10-15 min wait

GIANT WHEEL- 10-30 min wait

MAGNUM XL-200- this line varies from time of day. Could be 30 min, or a walk on.

MAXAIR- 10-15 min wait tops

MEAN STREAK -0-10 min wait

MILLENNIUM FORCE - could use fast pass on this as the line can get long at times. If you hit it very 1st thing, the line is short

MONSTER- 5 min

POWER TOWER- 5-20 min

RAPTOR- walk on at night

SCRAMBLER- 5-10 min

SHOOT-THE-RAPIDS- typically less than 10 min

SKYHAWK- 10-30 min

SNAKE RIVER FALLS- depends on weather, but typically not too long

TROIKA- 5 min

WAVE SWINGER- 5 min

WINDSEEKER- 5-10 min

There are 4 rides on this list that typically have a line. And 2 out of the 4 have very short to no line at the end of the night. Now for an extra $20, you can add these rides....

ROUGAROU -during the several visits I have been there, it's a 10 min or less wait

GATEKEEPER-the line varies, but is not long at night. during the day, it can be up to 45 min or so

MAVERICK- Fast pass would come in handy on this ride. The line is always around an hour plus. If you hit it first thing in the AM it's not as bad.

TOP THRILL DRAGSTER- The line can be long and slow for this ride. Plan on spending at least an hour in line here.

Now if you want to power ride the coasters multiple times, it may be worth it to you, but if you are there for a few days I don't think you will need it to get a few rides in on every coaster. If you plan on skipping most of the spinning rides and focus just on the coasters, you should not have a problem getting them in during one day if you plan it right.

I almost forgot about Iron dragon. This ride has a 10-20 min wait during the day, but get on it before it gets dark because I believe it closes early.

Ok so I don't really think I'll need it I was planning on getting there around opening and going straight to millennium force, then maverick, then XLC, then dragster, then head down to the entrance rides, and then just do the smaller rides/resides. We'll only be there until about 7(?) I think until we have to drive to Michigan is this the right plan?

Ok and then after force just go down to gatekeeper and twister or would those have lines too. I haven't been to this park since 2007 and I didn't ride anything and I only have a bit of time here sorry lol

I've actually visited the park on a Tuesday around this time two years ago. The lines weren't that bad. The rides listed below are the average wait I've seen for them, but for a Tuesday. So they may be 5-10 minutes shorter due to lower crowd levels.

Millennium Force, 30-40 mins

This coaster almost always operates at full capacity. The line is always moving, so it's not too bad.

Dragster, typically is 45 minutes.

Dragster's line fluctuates throughout the day, so it can be anywhere from 25 to 45 mins.

Maverick

I've never seen a line less than 1hr for this one, day or night. It's a long haul but WELL worth it.

Magnum XL-200 & Wicked Twister

I've never waited in a line more than 30 minutes for these two.

GateKeeper

Like Raptor, it's the first big ride everyone see's. So the line doesn't die down until later in the day. I've always ridden this after 4pm where the line is anywhere between 25-40 minutes.

Rougarou

It's the new hotness so expect a decent wait. However, it was 10-20 minutes by nightfall.

If you know what your doing you can get multiple rerides on everything on a tuesday. Flats included. It can be a stretch on a weekend but it can be done just not as easily.

In my experience the best route is usually to start with TTD incase it goes down later. Usually between 15-40 minutes depending on how fast you get their and how many seats they have open. Next I'll head to millenium, generally under an hour still. After that I'll generally head back near maverick and eat at the chickfila and get plinko passes for maverick. After that you can hit Mean Streak, Gemini, and Magnum all in about an hour or less. Once you hit those head back to the front usually around 2-4 ish. Hit up Wicked twister(Generally 15-30 wait) and Raptor(30-40) then bluestreak which is normally a walk on. You can also add Gatekeeper here but its usually a walk on after diner.

Rougarou generally holds a 20-40 minute line all day. I Haven't been able to see any patern yet.

I've never bothered to look at corkscrews line, I never ride it anymore

Mine ride and Iron dragon are pretty short all day long, hit them whenever you want.