TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Last time I was on GateKeeper, one of the ride ops was running up and down the station, taking everyone's stuff, just tossing it into the bins,

If I were to see something like this going on I would be reporting that person to guest relations or whoever else needs to be informed. I don't know all the ins and outs of park operations, but I thought the bins were put in use so that employees didn't have to handle riders belongings and therefore the park can state they aren't responsible for them (this outside of providing a place for loose articles). I would think an employee taking them and putting them in for you would make them responsible should they go missing or broken. This is one reason they are starting to put fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo in now with new coasters (besides increasing capacity)....they will be at the rest soon enough.

I have been to parks before where there were specific employees on the platform that would take your items and place them in the bins as you were boarding the trains to help to speed up the loading process. That way as they were placing items in the bins you could already be getting seated, buckling your seat belt, and pulling down your harness. It sure made load time quicker, and threre was never really a problem for the employees or any of the guest involved.

Makes me wonder... Would you report that employee too... When they were just trying to do their job by helping out the guest and by helping load the trains faster??

CP does everything to maximize capacity and has THE BEST operations out there because it pulls in huge crowds

Fixed.

I have yet to visit a park with better operations than Cedar Point. Even on slow days, every coaster (minus Wicked Twister obviously) runs at least two trains. It's clear that the park prides itself in getting the line moving as fast as possible.

As far as American regional corporate parks go I would agree that Cedar Point has the best operations out there. Sure parks like Knoebels still put them to shame, but they also have far less ridiculous safety devices / scans and checks to contend with.

You're shitting, right? There's a difference between being efficient and bitchy. Last time I was on GateKeeper, one of the ride ops was running up and down the station, taking everyone's stuff, just tossing it into the bins, and practically shoving people into the seats. And if you didn't teleport to the seat and magically do your restraint instantly, you would get some dirty-ass look as she slammed the restraint down and shoved the seatbelt into the lock.

Yup, I'm sure every op at Cedar Point is like this...

Been to the park several times, and this is the only time its happened on any of the rides, so I'm not too concerned. On an unrelated note, has anyone ever actually beaten those damn PS4/XBOX1 claw machines?

A little late for the party, but when I heard 8 across trains my guess is they'll have the new B&M restraints. Since they're wider they may make the train just as wide as Griffon's "old style" 10 across.

CP does everything to maximize capacity and has THE BEST operations out there because it pulls in huge crowds

Fixed.

I have yet to visit a park with better operations than Cedar Point. Even on slow days, every coaster (minus Wicked Twister obviously) runs at least two trains. It's clear that the park prides itself in getting the line moving as fast as possible.

As far as American regional corporate parks go I would agree that Cedar Point has the best operations out there. Sure parks like Knoebels still put them to shame, but they also have far less ridiculous safety devices / scans and checks to contend with.

You're shitting, right? There's a difference between being efficient and bitchy. Last time I was on GateKeeper, one of the ride ops was running up and down the station, taking everyone's stuff, just tossing it into the bins, and practically shoving people into the seats. And if you didn't teleport to the seat and magically do your restraint instantly, you would get some dirty-ass look as she slammed the restraint down and shoved the seatbelt into the lock.

Last time I went, I was told I couldn't even get in line because I had a bag. I'm not a fan of being forced to rent storage, but I've never been "shoved" in to my seat and had the restraint "slammed" on me.

Last time I was at Cedar Point they said all hats and glasses should be removed. I have a strap for my glasses and wore them on it earlier, the same op told me it didn't matter and I had to take them off the second time I rode. Any reason? I've never been told this on any other ride. (Later in the day the same op didn't care so I don't know what happened)

Last time I was at Cedar Point they said all hats and glasses should be removed. I have a strap for my glasses and wore them on it earlier, the same op told me it didn't matter and I had to take them off the second time I rode. Any reason? I've never been told this on any other ride. (Later in the day the same op didn't care so I don't know what happened)

The only ride I have an issue with glasses with is Dragster. Last time I visited, I was wearing a sweatshirt and the operator told me to hook them on my sweatshirt backwards so they were in between my shirt and sweatshirt.

Typically, I don't have a problem with most rides and glasses. The only other ride I recently had an issue with was Skyrush.

When the parks say "they are not responsible for items lost or damaged while riding" that means if you take anything on the ride with you and it gets lost or damaged the park is not liable for the item.

This is true as it is in every other park but, I have had my phone fly out of my pocket on Maverick (I'm dumb and forgot to zip up my pocket). I politely asked the ride attendants if they ever walked the track at close to find missing items and they do. I wasn't the only person who asked for their phone back that night. Everyone that showed up at the end of the day got their phone back, only one was completely destroyed and the park isn't liable to replace or fix it. Everyone there was very understanding of that fact, including the person whose phone was destroyed. Shout out to those workers for going the extra mile for me and others, not sure if any other parks do that.

When the parks say "they are not responsible for items lost or damaged while riding" that means if you take anything on the ride with you and it gets lost or damaged the park is not liable for the item.

This is true as it is in every other park but, I have had my phone fly out of my pocket on Maverick (I'm dumb and forgot to zip up my pocket). I politely asked the ride attendants if they ever walked the track at close to find missing items and they do. I wasn't the only person who asked for their phone back that night. Everyone that showed up at the end of the day got their phone back, only one was completely destroyed and the park isn't liable to replace or fix it. Everyone there was very understanding of that fact, including the person whose phone was destroyed. Shout out to those workers for going the extra mile for me and others, not sure if any other parks do that.

Damn you Great Adventure!

(Lost my new iPhone on Nitro this week, lost and found employees say "not even maintenance goes into Nitro's woods.")

I still have an old Motorola razor flip phone that's the shape of the track because it fell out of my pocket on Magnum and hit the track. I was able to get it at the end of the night. It still received calls but that was it.

I've never had an issue with my glasses AND a strap. They have always said thats perfectly okay.

Yeah normally they just ask me if I have a strap, this guy even after he knew was like: "Glasses-Off!".

(Lost my new iPhone on Nitro this week, lost and found employees say "not even maintenance goes into Nitro's woods.")

That's not true about Nitro. Security is always looking for "lost stuff" during the day in their golf carts under the track and in the woods.

That's not true about Nitro. Security is always looking for "lost stuff" during the day in their golf carts under the track and in the woods.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but can we get back on Valravn before we blow this thing way out of proportion? Last thing TPR needs is more brouhaha.

Just curious, where in the world did we hear from a decent source they wanted 8 across seating? That seems illogical, I'd assume they would want as much capacity as they can get.

Longer the line, the more people that would buy Fast Lane

...And the lesser the value of the Fast Lane.

I don't have a picture of it, but Rougarou has been added to the wall.

It had to have been done today as i saw a picture yesterday of someone standing in front of it and Pipe Scream was still the last one on there.

edit: and i just saw a picture where it has been added today.