TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Cool trailer! As others have said, be careful about using registered trademarks, especially one that might have been registered for a not-yet-open-ride.

Also, the huge nerd in me has to point out that there would not be feeder wheels on the block brakes/safety brakes. (Block brakes are what most enthusiasts call the MCBR). There would be a row of magnetic trims first to slow it down most of the way, then standard friction breaks. It would be at a slight angle so if stopped there, gravity would take over. Same goes for the safety brakes (the first brake run it hits).

And while I can't see it in your video, the station would have feeder wheels only (no friction brakes). Most people put brakes on their NL2 recreations, and while it doesn't matter since it's a game, if you're going for true realism, I'm not familiar with any B&M coaster that has anything other than feeders in it's station.

Cool trailer! As others have said, be careful about using registered trademarks, especially one that might have been registered for a not-yet-open-ride.

Also, the huge nerd in me has to point out that there would not be feeder wheels on the block brakes/safety brakes. (Block brakes are what most enthusiasts call the MCBR). There would be a row of magnetic trims first to slow it down most of the way, then standard friction breaks. It would be at a slight angle so if stopped there, gravity would take over. Same goes for the safety brakes (the first brake run it hits).

And while I can't see it in your video, the station would have feeder wheels only (no friction brakes). Most people put brakes on their NL2 recreations, and while it doesn't matter since it's a game, if you're going for true realism, I'm not familiar with any B&M coaster that has anything other than feeders in it's station.

Duly noted! This is my first coaster with Nolimits 2 and I was really just trying to capture the layout. I made it in about 2 days spread around doing AP summer assignments, so I wasn't nitpicking through things like that, but thanks for the cool info!

Also, I believe the station only has feeder wheels, so the only problem now is the MCBR!

Awesome! For a first NL2, that's really well done. There's a few other nit-picky issues we could take to PMs if you REALLY want to make it authentic, but for what it is, I think you did a very fine job. Now I hope we aren't disappointed by the real ride when it's announced!

On Fury 325, the treble clef turnaround in the far left had crazy amounts of sideways air. I can't imagine what it would be like on a 10 seat wide train sitting in the far left. I was definitely dreaming when I put that in the layout... #FingersCrossed

Please be careful about using Cedar Points logo. They're big enough to not take something like that lightly, and just because you don't make money off it doesn't mean you can use trademarked content.

It also goes against YouTubes policies.

Trademark infringement is improper or unauthorized use of a trademark in a way that is likely to cause confusion as to the source of that product. YouTube policies prohibit videos and channels that infringe trademarks. If you upload content on YouTube that uses another party's trademarks in a way that is likely to cause confusion, your videos can be blocked and your channel suspended.
Edited by Comeagain?

Please be careful about using Cedar Points logo. They're big enough to not take something like that likely, and just because you don't make money off it doesn't mean you can use trademarked content.

Trademark infringement is improper or unauthorized use of a trademark in a way that is likely to cause confusion as to the source of that product. YouTube policies prohibit videos and channels that infringe trademarks. If you upload content on YouTube that uses another party's trademarks in a way that is likely to cause confusion, your videos can be blocked and your channel suspended.

It is also a hoax, be sure that's what you intend before circulating something like that.

Please be careful about using Cedar Points logo. They're big enough to not take something like that lightly, and just because you don't make money off it doesn't mean you can use trademarked content.

The logo in question that we are referring to here is the one in the thumbnail, correct?

Edit: It isn't a hoax if I'm not deliberately trying to trick people into thinking its real. The title reads "Concept", those who mistake it for real are either illiterate or just don't care enough to look at the description and/or title.

Double Edit: I don't know why you guys are that concerned, hundreds of other videos use CP's logo in their thumbnail. That being said, as a precaution, I'm changing the logo to a text with a similar font and warping it to be in the shape of the logo. Easy fix.

I will be visiting the park on Sunday with a non-enthusiast friend who does have a Platinum Pass. I know the walk-back for club members leaves from the marina gate at 8:50, but will the Marina gate open for pass holders at 9:00?

I will be visiting the park on Sunday with a non-enthusiast friend who does have a Platinum Pass. I know the walk-back for club members leaves from the marina gate at 8:50, but will the Marina gate open for pass holders at 9:00?

Yes, the Marina gate opens at 9:00 for pass holders.

Also, does anyone know what the upcharge is for the Sling Shot Ride?? Is it $25.00 per person like most places??

Anyone seen this pic yet seagull squished by gatekeeper. Posted to screamscape Twitter.

Surprised the train made it back to the station. Seems like it would have been wedged to far in for the wheels to turn.

The momentum of that gigantic train probably just obliterated the parts of the bird that were in the way of smooth wheel motion. Multi-tonned Train full of 32 people vs a 20 pound bird. No contest.