TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think that is what comes with "big business". Such as having to copyright/license/trademark everything so nobody else can use it... Therefor, it goes public and with careful searching you can find the info. I doubt there is very little they can do to avoid this.

As far as the layout, blue prints, etc... That is tough as well. It's not like just B&M and top CP executives see it prior to announcement... Multiple companies are involved for quote such as vendors used by B&M, construction contractors, art etc... All it takes is one person to take a photo of the print or leak info from the drawings and its all over the internet. It's hard to keep everything a secret anymore.

CP doesn't "allow" it on purpose (well, you would think not), but it happens.

At this point, I am just waiting to see what the dive coaster layout looks like.

Same here.

Now that we all "know" that it is a dive machine all that is left to look forward to is the layout.

Given the leaked info months ago, this build up is a bit anti-climatic for me....

Not everyone lives on coaster boards. The general public have no idea that the name has been discovered and they will eat up the upcoming teaser campaign. You have to remember that there are more than just coaster nerds visiting the parks. Even though we like to think that we are the majority, we really are the minority of those that visit parks

Given the leaked info months ago, this build up is a bit anti-climatic for me....

Not everyone lives on coaster boards. The general public have no idea that the name has been discovered and they will eat up the upcoming teaser campaign. You have to remember that there are more than just coaster nerds visiting the parks. Even though we like to think that we are the majority, we really are the minority of those that visit parks

This is true. Some times we get so caught up in coaster boards that we forget that there is the GP out there that has no idea what is going on, and will eat up the teaser campaign, and the announcement.

I have given up hope that it is anything else but a dive machine. It will be good whatever it is. I really hope they don't use valravn or whatever. Personally I think that is a terrible name. No one knows what Rougarou is unless they're one of us or they googled it. Which I really think is a pain. Rougarou I only like because it is catchy and fun to say but valravn just sounds bad. It is going to be so mispronounced I can already feel it. While I know that is probably what the name is going to be, I really cant stand it.

Notice I said "for me". Not speaking for the general public or anything, it is a given that "they" are still in the dark. Just for me, the excitement is a bit less already knowing what is expected, layout aside. I look forward to seeing that though.

Edited by Invertalon

I personally think VALRAVN is a great name. Yeah its a little out there, but it kinda reminds me of darkness among other things. It's an intimidating name for sure. And I personally think that's a good think. If the coaster goes into a tunnel, and has a ton of sweeping, flying turns, then it fits even better.

I personally think VALRAVN is a great name. Yeah its a little out there, but it kinda reminds me of darkness among other things. It's an intimidating name for sure. And I personally think that's a good think. If the coaster goes into a tunnel, and has a ton of sweeping, flying turns, then it fits even better.

I couldn't agree more. Think god CP never got into the Superman, Batman, or related character names.

Only thing that would be worse then that is "Dive Coaster 1"

IDK, I've always dreamed of a section of a park paying homage to RCT just for fun. Like, rides named "Dive Coaster 1" and have surveys when you get off asking if you thought it was a "good value."

Yeah ok, maybe not.

IDK, I've always dreamed of a section of a park paying homage to RCT just for fun. Like, rides named "Dive Coaster 1" and have surveys when you get off asking if you thought it was a "good value."

Yeah ok, maybe not.

Chiseling Paradise in China comes pretty close with the ride names...10 Inversion Roller Coaster, Dive Coaster, etc

http://rcdb.com/5904.htm

Yeah ok, maybe not.

Chiseling Paradise in China comes pretty close with the ride names...10 Inversion Roller Coaster, Dive Coaster, etc

http://rcdb.com/5904.htm

Dont forget all of the roller coasters in China named Outer Space Flying Car

I have given up hope that it is anything else but a dive machine. It will be good whatever it is. I really hope they don't use valravn or whatever. Personally I think that is a terrible name. No one knows what Rougarou is unless they're one of us or they googled it. Which I really think is a pain. Rougarou I only like because it is catchy and fun to say but valravn just sounds bad. It is going to be so mispronounced I can already feel it. While I know that is probably what the name is going to be, I really cant stand it.

Yup! I helped more than a dozen people last week who asked me "Which one is Row-ga-row?" and seemed very confused when I pointed to it. "I thought that was Mantis?" a few replied and then I'd explain they changed the trains so it's now a sit down and was much better. One person kept pointing to the map cover even after that saying they put in a new coaster so seriously tell them - which one was it? LOL.

^ There is also the possibility of Centurion. That was trademarked last year and many thought that would be the name for what turned out to be Fury 325.

True, but they also name-dropped the Centurion rumors in the Fury 325 announcement. Kinda like how KI did with The Bat during the Banshee announcement. Given that the name was later used for something else in the park, I'm anticipating the same to happen at Carowinds. Plus, the Valravn trademark was filed by Cedar Point themselves, not Cedar Fair.

Speaking of Travel Channel, what's up with Insane Coaster Wars. Canceled?

Havent heard anything about it, I assume it wasnt renewed. There is at least one more new show though. Kari Byron and Tori Bellici (formerly of MythBusters) are now doing a show for Travel Channel where they ride and film roller coasters, among other theme park activities. It hasn't started airing yet, but the stars have been posting photos of themselves filming it the last few weeks.