TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

How was the traffic leaving the park after the fireworks on the 4th?

The past few years it has been a complete mess... But I have not heard anything this year, which is a good sign. We decided to avoid the 4th again after getting trapped in the lot for hours the past few years.

EDIT: Actually found on another site a few people mention a lot of traffic, so that answers that... Supposedly 1.5-2hrs to exit the lot and it was chaos.

anyone know why there's a random private video in the Cedar Point Ride POVs playlist on youtube? I think its interesting that its also the 18th video. But I feel like its been there for more than a year, So I doubt the number has any importance

1810211584_Privatevideo....JPG.4fc478f2bd3a33164979a5683a67d634.JPG

We were at the park this weekend, and had to go thru security check points. This is the first time I have ever had to go thru this at cedarpoint. I am not complaining, but just thought it was interesting. Here are a few shots from the 4th of July at the park.

I will have a full trip report soon.

902971536_Summertrip2015955.thumb.JPG.272414800305c96962c9b0a7ef947886.JPG

51753722_Summertrip2015881.thumb.JPG.b73921e3c79502e08ca0709d6724c269.JPG

1954108822_Summertrip2015914.thumb.JPG.25833d7b247ac24a6e8e43b247f37d8c.JPG

640903440_Summertrip2015882.thumb.JPG.a1c6a466292aa932ab400181ab244b15.JPG

15406580_Summertrip2015930.thumb.JPG.b5e18aa25013df2c93a12522d13bd03a.JPG

1429581838_Summertrip2015934.thumb.JPG.0c3a284d95aa901dde7aed733cf7cf58.JPG

l've been on every ride in the park except Mean Streak, Corkscrew and Ninja and haven't spotted one employee jerking around. Three trains on MF, 6 trains on Maverick and launching TTD up and over like a well oiled machine. And sorry guys but compared to Kings Dominion, CP has some great theming!

Didn't know CP relocated Ninja from SFMM. Awesome!

LOL. SFMM didn't move Ninja. The ride you're thinking of is Iron Dragon (and compared to Ninja, I find to be very boring)

Personally, I almost always go to Cedar Point for two days. So, when I stay on site and get early entry, I prefer to do Maverick the first day and Millennium the second. If you're only going one day, you can't go wrong with either one of these choice since they are the best use of your time before the running of the bulls. If you plan to do Maverick instead, park at the resort parking lot next to Challenge park.

To add to this, the wait on Maverick is almost always a walk on during Early Entry while Millennium is about a 10-15 minute wait.

It looks like I'll be going to Cedar Point in a few Thursdays!!! I looked on their website and they have a Platinum Pass ERT on Maverick that night. How long do those usually last and how busy do those ERT's get?

Where is the best place to find discounted tickets for cedar Point. I'm going this Wednesday and Thursday.

The Meijer (a nicer, Mid-western Walmart) on Route 250 sells all day tickets for $49.99 plus tax. They also sell the Ride & Refresh Ticket (Admission & Unlimited Coke Beverages) for only $51.99 plus tax. You can also buy a 2 day ticket for $88.99, give or take a dollar.

It looks like I'll be going to Cedar Point in a few Thursdays!!! I looked on their website and they have a Platinum Pass ERT on Maverick that night. How long do those usually last and how busy do those ERT's get?

You'll get a ton of rides in. Last year we were there for Maverick ERT one night, it lasts an hour and starts as soon as the line runs out. At the start of ERT you might wait 15 minutes or so but if you stick it out to the end you might be able to stay on the train and re-ride a few times. It really fizzles out.

l've been on every ride in the park except Mean Streak, Corkscrew and Ninja and haven't spotted one employee jerking around. Three trains on MF, 6 trains on Maverick and launching TTD up and over like a well oiled machine. And sorry guys but compared to Kings Dominion, CP has some great theming!

Didn't know CP relocated Ninja from SFMM. Awesome!

LOL. SFMM didn't move Ninja. The ride you're thinking of is Iron Dragon (and compared to Ninja, I find to be very boring)

I think he was just talking about how TBpony414 said "Ninja" originally...

I'm thinking Dive coaster as well with the station and entrance near Blue Streak where the turnpike cars used to be. I'm also hopeful that in 2017 maybe we'll see that dark ride in the spot where the pirate area used to be and boom the whole Blue Streak area got a huge upgrade. Hey I can dream haha

I'm also hopeful that in 2017 maybe we'll see that dark ride in the spot where the pirate area used to be and boom the whole Blue Streak area got a huge upgrade. Hey I can dream haha

Or a large interactive dark ride in the Colosseum building... I can dream too

Given the leaked info months ago, this build up is a bit anti-climatic for me... The past few leaks/spoilers have turned out all to be true (Banshee, Gatekeeper, Maverick, etc...). At this point, I am just waiting to see what the dive coaster layout looks like. The only surprise may be additional additions, such as another kiddy coaster or dark ride. However, a B&M dive is quite an expensive addition so I figure it will be something small if so.

I for one am very excited for it though, I love dive machines.