TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^You are complaining about other people complaining

And just by posting about it, you could say you are complaining about other people complaining about other people complaining.

Pipe Scream isn't a roller coaster by any means if you're considering simply gravity to be the sole cause, but I do consider it one because while it is a powered coaster, it has wheels and a track and even if it isn't a purely gravity-powered coaster it's still called a coaster. Honestly Pipe Scream is just as fun as some pure roller coasters that I've been on. Plus it's called a Disk-o COASTER, emphasis on the coaster part. It's in the name, so according to the manufacturer and the park it is a roller coaster, which is good enough for me. It's just a powered shuttle roller coaster.

Pipe Scream isn't a roller coaster by any means if you're considering simply gravity to be the sole cause, but I do consider it one because while it is a powered coaster, it has wheels and a track and even if it isn't a purely gravity-powered coaster it's still called a coaster. Honestly Pipe Scream is just as fun as some pure roller coasters that I've been on. Plus it's called a Disk-o COASTER, emphasis on the coaster part. It's in the name, so according to the manufacturer and the park it is a roller coaster, which is good enough for me. It's just a powered shuttle roller coaster.

You know what else is a powered coaster? The cedar point train. It has wheels and track too! So does people mover and many other rides.

Powered coasters =\= Roller Coasters

Quick question. Is the transition into the MCBR on Rougarou fixed? Or is it the same?

There was nothing wrong with it. It's one of the best parts of the ride. Great airtime there.

Yeah I'm sorry to report that they haven't "fixed it" so for the time being we'll all just have to tolerate how awesome it is (I agree, it's the best part of the ride).

Finally went back to the greatest place on earth for the first time in nearly six years. I guess now I know fast lane is kind of a waste on Thursdays in the middle of June. Mostly everything was a 15-20 minute wait in the regular queue. But hey, I won't complain. We got to walk on to everything (x2 for some) within 6 hours. Sadly rain came along at 5, and was on and off. So we went and did some other fun things. Then a storm rolled in at about 7:30 so we left. Slightly disappointed that everything was shut down for nearly the last 5 hours of the day, but it was still a great time. Hopefully I'll be heading back in August.

As for the rides, Magnum seems to be much rougher than I remember, but the seatbelt trick definitely helps the lap bar from destroying your legs. Gatekeeper far exceeded my expectations. Gemini is far smoother than I remember. Mean Streak really just needs to be torn down already, hopefully it only has a couple seasons left before they make room for something better. Maverick, Millennium, and TTD, and Raptor are all masterpieces as usual. And Rougarou is MUCH more rideable than Mantis, I'm very happy with the outcome of that transition.

I'm sorry I wasn't directing that at you, I was just asking in general. I think every park I've been to (which is not very many) has allowed us to do this. So my question still stands.

At my home park (Valleyfair) if you leave the park in the middle of the day you can get a stamp on your hand that allows you to come into the park later without buying a second ticket. Does Cedar Point have this policy?

Doesn't every park do this?

Has anyone stayed at the campground in their own trailer with dogs? I see on the booking site that it says dogs can't be left unattended. I asked them and was just told it was not allowed; this is the first campground that I came across that says you can't leave them unattended. Last year we ended up staying at Camp Sandusky because there was no space at Cedar Point.

It's been a few years since we stayed at the cp campground, but vowed not to return. We camp at the Koa right down the street.

The cp campground had a bunch of silly policies and was basically a overpriced slab of concrete to park your camper on. I remember that you are not allowed to have campfires (a highlight of any camping trip), and the kids were not able to ride there bikes.

^^ I have seen dogs in campers at Camper Village, but the policy is to not leave them unattended. My guess is that they are worried about animals dying if the heat is too extreme...or running the a/c in your camper 24/7 for the animals which undoubtedly costs them a lot of money in electricity.

I admit that their rules about no campfires, bike riding, tents and the elimination of their electric-only campsites doesn't make it feel much like an actual camping outing. But then again, they don't want you at your campsite, they would rather you be spending money inside CP or Soak City.

So after getting back from a two day trip at CP, I am happy to say that I have never appreciated Mantis's layout more than I do now as Rougarou. It's forceful, fast, and has a couple of great rapid fire transitions. The transformation further enhanced Cedar Point's world-class lineup, even if it is just a new set of trains and some paint.

Also, the 2016(?) site is huge in person. Adding in the supposed demolition of the Cedar Dorms and you have a massive plot of land. Honestly, it looks too big for a dive coaster. Maybe the park will leave a portion of the land leftover. I also hope the marina entrance gets an uplift like the beach entrance did with Windseeker.

Anyone been to Ghostly Manor?

I have gone a couple of times. It's fun if you go in the early evening. Steer clear of its close to closing for them. They do have a lot of cool animatronics inside. And it takes a long time to get through. Best of you can to hold off for the Halloween season to experience though. Much better then!

The site is huge. Of course, Dive Machines are huge also. True, many in existence so far have fairly small footprints, but they're also short, compact layouts. Image a CP adoption that actually has a long, interesting layout! I wouldn't rule dive machine out just based on the land.

Then again, I'm going to laugh my ass off if CP is trying to beat Skyscraper to the punch and build the first 500 ft coaster before 2017 so they can keep their tradition alive. Of course, with how often TDD goes down for wind, and hell, even windseeker, I bet a 500+ foot coaster at CP would operate approximately 10% of the time!