TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The geniuses here just decided to take two trains off Maverick with 15 minutes of ERT left for "company convenience" - I've never heard of such a thing. The crowd is pissed!! The rides been down for ten minutes already and the trains aren't even off yet! Great going CP

Things happen, and things come up. I'm sure there's a valid reason behind why they took off. Company Convince is a generic response.

On a Saturday? Hm. from past experience, there was one night where at the very end of the night, I rode Dragster four times in a half hour, as it was a complete walkon, minus station. Maverick is usually short right when the park opens, because most people aren't willing to walk from the main entrance all the way back to maverick. So they stop at other things, and Maverick is pretty empty. Millennium Force I've noticed tends to go up and down all day in terms of wait time. I made a quick stop at Rougarou before Millie once right in the morning and I waited about 20 minutes, but then by the time I was off of MF the line was an hour. The line also tends to thin out a bit right at the end of the night, which IMO is the best time to ride it.

Finally got on Maverick last night with the new restraints and was a bit underwhelmed, if you could call it that. Maybe due to my height (6'6"), but the vests are more bothersome for me than before. Sure, it steps some neck chops but it now presses down on my collar bone and I was sore after one ride. Not as soft as I expected. Reminded me of Gatekeeper when the vests still locked but with a stiffer vest.

It was running good though... I just am indifferent on the new restraints for me. Many people love them, so perhaps if your shorter you benefit more from them.

I started my CoasterMania morning by waking up to a power outage in the East Wing of Hotel Breakers. So that was an interesting start to the day. Registration, like everyone has been saying, was a hot mess. Instead of standing in somewhat clear lines, it was just a mass mob of people standing in front of the admissions windows. My only other major issue was trying to figure out the shuttle situation from the hotel. Everybody we asked at the hotel was unaware of what CoasterMania was, and had no information on the shuttle to the front of the park for check in.

Otherwise, it was a great event as usual. And I really appreciate the Millennium crew staying open late for us to enjoy ERT after the high winds closed Dragster. We had the Millennium crew up early for morning ERT and kept them out late. So I really am grateful for that.

The geniuses here just decided to take two trains off Maverick with 15 minutes of ERT left for "company convenience" - I've never heard of such a thing. The crowd is pissed!! The rides been down for ten minutes already and the trains aren't even off yet! Great going CP

Things happen, and things come up. I'm sure there's a valid reason behind why they took off. Company Convince is a generic response.

I read that Maverick hit it's ride time limit without a reset. It had to go offline to reset the system, or they couldn't run it anymore.

I read that Maverick hit it's ride time limit without a reset. It had to go offline to reset the system, or they couldn't run it anymore.

I know several people that have operated Maverick in the past, and no one has ever mentioned a "ride time limit," nor have I ever heard of it on any other coaster.

I know several people that have operated Maverick in the past, and no one has ever mentioned a "ride time limit," nor have I ever heard of it on any other coaster.

If there is indeed a 28 hour lockout issue, I can't imagine it's that common a thing to run into. So I can understand your friends never mentioning it.

Well, I too attended Coastermania yesterday. I've been to every one since it started. In my opinion, this was by far the worst! That's putting it mildly. I know it's a free event, and that's part of the problem.

That entry snafu, was inexcusable. It took me 45 minutes to enter the park. Great ERT! This was the first year they required preregistration, so for the first time they had some type of advance head count. They should've been ready more so than ever before. I also understand weather had a lot to due with ride closures. It's just in the past they've set the bar very high for this event. Last year's lunch was unreal - so much to choose from and quality choices. This year's hot dogs and chicken nuggets was a huge step down. I've said this for years - they need to charge for this event, with online registration. You can then print out your admission ticket with a bar code or load it from your smart phone.

I've never been to a coaster event without getting a shirt or hoodie. Nothing from Rougarou their new coaster this year either. I will not use anything they gave us at lunch (backpack, puzzle, hat, key-chain). When I think back 2 years ago, they gave all of us $49. Gatekeeper jackets plus other things.

The only saving grace for this event was the "super charged crew" at Maggie for the evening ERT. I won't go into the Maverick issue, since it's already been discussed. Also this year's lunch time discussion was totally worthless. In years gone by we've spoken with Ron Toomer and I can't remember which guy from B&M was there. Also management was always there. This year the new GM said absolutely nothing of any significance. I know he can't and won't say anything about the (hopefully) new ride for 2016. We've yet to meet the new CEO - Matt O. At least Dick Kinzel was always there.

Sorry for my rant, but this was a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT. Let's get it together Cedar Point...

Y'all's i gots a question. So I'm going to michigan this summer (I live in Virginia) in the middle of July and I want to go to an amusement park. But I was really wondering which would be more worth my time, kings island or cedar point (is anyone has any other suggestions that's cool) because I only have one day, so would it be worth it to go to cedar point if there's like longs lines and I might not get to ride everything? I need pros/cons/help/suggestions.

If there is indeed a 28 hour lockout issue, I can't imagine it's that common a thing to run into. So I can understand your friends never mentioning it.

You are correct

It's done every night after park close and in order for it to be done the last two brake positions behind the station need to be clear in order to do that test.

Since the night before was an 8 o'clock close I could see them running into that 28 hr time limit.

So my brother and I decided on going on the 19th. I was content in seeing you could get admission with Fast Lane Plus online for $112... until I saw that the deal doesn't include Fridays. Are there any other deals? I mean, I don't really mind shelling out $150 for admission & FLP, but I'd prefer not to. We can't really afford to spend two days there so we just figured one day with FLP would be the best option.

Even though I am a platinum pass holder with cedar fair, I think I am going to just bit the bullet and get the fast pass plus at least one of the day when I go so I can ride everything as much as I want. Sounds like the Cedar Point lines are always crazy! lol

Y'all's i gots a question. So I'm going to michigan this summer (I live in Virginia) in the middle of July and I want to go to an amusement park. But I was really wondering which would be more worth my time, kings island or cedar point (is anyone has any other suggestions that's cool) because I only have one day, so would it be worth it to go to cedar point if there's like longs lines and I might not get to ride everything? I need pros/cons/help/suggestions.

I'm sorry can someone help me with this I really want to know

They're really not unless you're dead-set on staying on site. You can get a hotel room in a decent place (Super 8, Motel 6 type), in Sandusy, Milan for less than $50 a night. Disregard this if you're set on staying on site, or if you only prefer higher end hotels than that. Generally as long as the place is clean I'm not picky if I'm going to spend an entire day at a park and just go to the room to shower and sleep.

They're really not unless you're dead-set on staying on site. You can get a hotel room in a decent place (Super 8, Motel 6 type), in Sandusy, Milan for less than $50 a night. Disregard this if you're set on staying on site, or if you only prefer higher end hotels than that. Generally as long as the place is clean I'm not picky if I'm going to spend an entire day at a park and just go to the room to shower and sleep.

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Milan last year and it was really clean and fairly modern. I was really impressed considering how cheap it was

Last time I stayed in a cheap hotel, the toilet flooded in the middle of the night and the AC had a foul smell. But I suppose it's just luck of the draw. I suppose we could still consider it though.

Last time I stayed in a cheap hotel, the toilet flooded in the middle of the night and the AC had a foul smell. But I suppose it's just luck of the draw. I suppose we could still consider it though.

Hit up Tripadvisor IMO. The Milan Motel 6 has become my budget standby for Cedar Point trips now that the Bon Aire wing of Breakers is a grass field. Not every cheap motel is equal, so use other's experience to guide you.