TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So you recommend going to the Marina Entrance instead of the Hotel Breakers entrance? To park in the regular lot, do you have to pay for parking? How early do you suggest we get up and head over to the regular lot to make it to the Marina entrance?

It depends on what you want to be closer to. The hotel gate will put you close to Magnum, TTD, Corkscrew, and Gemeni. The marina gate puts you close to Raptor, Millennium Force, Rougarou, and Iron Dragon (with Maverick being about a 7 minute walk).

Yes, parking is $15. I got there for early entry on a slower day, so I was able to park super close. If you're going at regular park opening, and on a fairly busy day, I'd suggest getting there 30-40 minutes early. Grab some breakfast and eat while you wait.

The live cams are back... this is proof that Tony Clark loves us and wants us to be happy. It also means I'm going back to being much less productive at work.

HaHa same here! Everyone in my office knows I'm a coaster nerd. TPR interferes with my productivity at times....

Tonight after leaving the park at about 8:15, it looked like the final rehearsal for Luminosity was going to take place. Saw lots of employees in the stands and management. Probably could've stayed to watch it, but I was too exhausted from riding and tomorrow will start early at Coastermania. I can't wait...

CoasterMania has been fun so far! A few notes:

Registration was a hot mess. The park did acknowledge it at lunch, and you can't fault them for trying a new process, even if it didn't really work out. The lines moved extremely slowly, probably because people were cutting lines left and right. Tony also said that some people forgot their photo IDs, which also held up the process. I mean, really, the CoasterMania website, Tony's Twitter, and lots of other places had tons of reminders of this, yet people still thought they'd get in without a photo ID?! I'm sure this new method could've worked better if people actually listened to the rules.

(Disclaimer: Anything that came off as a complaint in the last paragraph isn't meant to be, because who am I to complain about a 100% FREE event?)

Finally got on Top Thrill Dragster since it was closed our entire visit last season. What a rush! I'll hopefully get more rides on it later, but that launch was freaking incredible.

Rougarou is pretty good. Better than Mantis? Of course. The ride is far more comfortable, and if you lean into the turns (which is very easy), there will be no headbanging at all. We rode twice: row 3 and row 5. Row 5 felt "smoother" (as in you wouldn't get any headbanging even if you just sat still) but it was also pretty forceless. Row 3 was a little more forceful, but the riders around me looked like they were getting thrown around a lot more. My overall consenseus: the ride isn't any more interesting or forceful than it was as Mantis, but its a lot more comfortable, so it's still a big improvement. It's no longer my least favorite B&M in the park (believe it or not, Raptor is).

Blue Streak was a lot smoother and airtime filled than I remember it being. It moved up a bit in my rankings.

You know what I love about CP? (Though I've never went) The fact that management is so involved with the guests. It seems like Tony has developed a relationship with the fans especially on Twitter, and he always goes out of his way to make sure everything is alright.

The registration process was horrible, good thing i got here at 5:30 am lol. The food for lunch was fantastic however I heard they ran out of backpacks to give out which stinks for those who missed out.

I have had a fantastic experience so far but i could see how some others could be frustrated.

Another note; I had a SMOOTH ride on mean streak and the tight seatbelt tactic worked like a dream for magnum.

Also Wicked Twister has been down all day :,(

Maybe it was because I got there early, but I didn't think registration was bad.

Got on the first train of Millennium this morning, still love that ride! Rougarou is a big improvement and a lot of fun. I didn't experience any of the head banging a lot are taking about so I thought it was enjoyable. Gatekeeper is still nice and fun but to me a bore. Maverick was my number 1 before riding i305 but with these new restraints I think it takes back that top spot. It was fun to ride with no hands for once. Just absolutely love that ride!

I'll be here til Sunday and will put together a photo report next week!

TTD's night ERT was cancelled and replaced with an hour of MF ERT. Power Tower's ERT was also cancelled due to winds.

Maverick's ERT line is currently a 10-15 min wait. Not too bad considering there are supposedly 2000 enthusiasts in attendance.

The geniuses here just decided to take two trains off Maverick with 15 minutes of ERT left for "company convenience" - I've never heard of such a thing. The crowd is pissed!! The rides been down for ten minutes already and the trains aren't even off yet! Great going CP

One lady is b****ing that she won't get enough ERT rides, unfortunately I'm right next to her, not everyone is pissed, just want her to shut up...thank god none of you are like this, entitled enthusiasts are the worst. The manager came on and did a great job of explaining what was happening.

Other than that, thank you so much Cedar Point for doing this! I had a blast, the free food was great, the gift bag was awesome! Looking forward to coasting for kids Sunday!

The geniuses here just decided to take two trains off Maverick with 15 minutes of ERT left for "company convenience" - I've never heard of such a thing. The crowd is pissed!! The rides been down for ten minutes already and the trains aren't even off yet! Great going CP

Jesus, it's a FREE event, stop complaining. Just be glad they actually put up with people like you or else they wouldn't have this event at all.

Also, it's not like they're going to stop operations right at 12:30. If you're in line, you'll get a ride.

taking it down at 12:15 prevented people from getting over to magnum for a final ride, or for many, getting one more maverick ride. It's obviously not the end of the world but it clearly demonstrates a lack of planning. Ride ops handled it well, management is to blame for not being properly prepared for something they knew was going to happen.

That's crazy... it's not like they have to pay overtime or anything.