TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Power came back on about 10 minutes after the park closed today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day.

Another note. Wicked Twister was testing all day as if it was about to open. Still not sure if the state has inspected and approved it yet, but it looked like it could very well open tomorrow. I hope so, because Wicked Twister is lots of fun. Also, Maverick was having issues all day and never opened. I really hope I can ride my favorite coaster at the Point at least once on this trip!

Edited by SFOGdude25

They have had bad luck as of late.

The water and power went out last year. I believe the water went out during or near a holiday, and the power also had issues one day last year as well.

The water main broke the day after Coastermania. I was there that Saturday, and got 4 rides (platinum early entry) when the park closed. It was closed for several days last year.

Power came back on about 10 minutes after the park closed today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day.

Another note. Wicked Twister was testing all day as if it was about to open. Still not sure if the state has inspected and approved it yet, but it looked like it could very well open tomorrow. I hope so, because Wicked Twister is lots of fun. Also, Maverick was having issues all day and never opened. I really hope I can ride my favorite coaster at the Point at least once on this trip!

Maverick had to evacuate at about 6PM on Tuesday evening, bet it's the same issue, whatever it is.

On that note, what is it about Maveric that makes it especially sensitive?

My girlfriend worked Shoot the Rapids last season and I've heard that it is one of the biggest maintenance headaches in the park. It seemed like the ride was down far more often then it was up. I can't help but think that after the accidents and reliability issues that Cedar Fair is kicking themselves over the ride.

I was at the park on Tuesday, Maverick went down during Early Entry. I waited for it to come back up and it did. I always ride the 2nd train being dispatched. Anyways, got stopped in the tunnel and then the launch was soft. We made it back around but sat in the "Mag" brakes for about 5 min and then the moved us up. Another 10 min sitting in the brakes and then they finally got us off. Its a way better ride now with the new restraints but it seems like they just aren't having good luck with it right now.

To others have said it was up and down all day on Tuesday.

Having an awesome day at Cedar Point today. Rode Maverick twice, Millennium in the front, Rougarou, Power Tower, and now I'm in line for the front row of TTD, all before noon!

This just in: Wicked Twister is OPEN!!! Yay!!!

Sounds like they've got it together today! I've seen lots of people complaining on other sites (mostly Facebook) on the same days that I see people have a good time. Quite the anomaly people can be when it comes to their attitude if the red carpet and empty queue lines aren't rolled out for them.

This just in: Wicked Twister is OPEN!!! Yay!!!

You have no idea how happy this post is making me right now.

Same (btw I saw Tony tweeted that they were "working on it" which I thought was promising since they hadn't acknowledged Wicked Twister's downtime at all on social media and I just now realized he was responding to YOUR tweet lol)

Hi. I am planning on going to Cedar Point for my birthday this summer and plan on staying for multiple days? What is the cheapest it will cost for me to go there for three days, two nights, visiting Soak City at least once for three people over 48"?

How would you all expect crowds to be tomorrow? May 22, 2015. Going with a friend.

You'll probably deal with early Memorial weekend crowds, some school field trips, and military members coming up early as they get a free ticket all weekend starting tomorrow. Throw in sunny weather which is predicted tomorrow and you've got a recipe for a fairly busy day. Probably not a busy July Saturday level, but it could push it.

When i visited Cedar Point last season i was 260 at 5'11 and a 40 inch waist. I fit on everything except Wicked Twister.

Wicked Twister and Drop Tower at Kings Island were the only rides i did not fit. I visited four different parks.

Thanks for the info. My friend is close to that size, just slightly taller. Sounds like he has a better shot than I thought.

Spent the day at the park today. Totally empty except for a couple of school trips. I got in 24 rides throughout the day and even spent a couple hours just chilling on the beach.

Wicked Twister opened up in the afternoon and was on-and-off running with riders throughout the day. The new Maverick restraints are awesome. Rougarou is also a very solid improvement from Mantis in case you haven't already heard the reviews. Also, the Millennium trains run much quieter with the new bodies, which much improves the queueing experience.

Also, this could go in the "Weirdest things the GP have said" thread, but as I was walking by Millennium force I heard some guy talking to his friend. When talking about Rougarou, he told his friend that "It used to be called Centipede or something" They've already forgotten.