TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I rode it 20 times this morning and it is definitely better than Mantis. It's so much faster now and very forceful now. The transitions in some seats can really whip you around and if you aren't careful with bracing yourself your head can get tossed around a little bit. It reminds me of a B&M Maverick in terms of transitions. However, it is a smooth ride in terms of the B&M rattle. I rode in every row and it seems like more towards the front or more towards the back is the smoothest on the inside seats. The middle rows have a little bit of a rattle but not too bad. It also seems as if the train has less people in it, it is a little rougher. It still isn't a rough ride, but after 20 rides, my neck is quite sore. My favorite row is the front, but the back row is amazing as well if you're looking for a more intense experience.

The key take away here is that you rode it 20 times. From most people, I've heard once was enough on Mantis. I never got a chance to ride Mantis, but I'm making my first trip to the point this summer and I'm very anxious to get on the new and improved Rougarou.

I rode it 20 times this morning and it is definitely better than Mantis. It's so much faster now and very forceful now. The transitions in some seats can really whip you around and if you aren't careful with bracing yourself your head can get tossed around a little bit. It reminds me of a B&M Maverick in terms of transitions. However, it is a smooth ride in terms of the B&M rattle. I rode in every row and it seems like more towards the front or more towards the back is the smoothest on the inside seats. The middle rows have a little bit of a rattle but not too bad. It also seems as if the train has less people in it, it is a little rougher. It still isn't a rough ride, but after 20 rides, my neck is quite sore. My favorite row is the front, but the back row is amazing as well if you're looking for a more intense experience.

The key take away here is that you rode it 20 times. From most people, I've heard once was enough on Mantis. I never got a chance to ride Mantis, but I'm making my first trip to the point this summer and I'm very anxious to get on the new and improved Rougarou.

Oh my god, absolutely agree with this. I rode Mantis once and only once. I couldn't stand it, no pun intended. 20 times on any coaster means something.

^I have been watching Rougarou run and it looks like it hauls some serious ass.

The only downside is that the crew seems to have some problems dispatching trains, since they are constantly double-stacking them. Hopefully they'll pick up some speed as they get used to the trains/crowds.

Rougarou was a blast! A little head banging, but that was tolerable. The inverted loop and twisty bits felt pretty intense. Good stuff.

How was the line?

I'd also like to know where you compare it compared to the other coasters at the Point, but it might be a bit early for that.

Line was at 1hr 15mins, bout 20 mins for fast lane plus. 3 trains and they were stacking. I think it's a great complement to the other coasters, fast and twisty, and relatively smooth. It's not really like many others though the twists are more on the page of Maverick.

Rougarou looks great. Glad to hear it is a great improvement. I can't wait to get out to Cedar Point this summer and try it out! I enjoyed the layout of Mantis, so I know I will enjoy Rougarou. Thankfully I won't come off the ride anymore feeling like I will never be able to reproduce.

Glad to hear that Rougarou turned out well. Mantis was a once a year ride for me and it's great that CP recycled it into something better. They have been advertising the ride around here as Cedar Point's first floorless coaster, as if Raptor, Gatekeeper, and Wicked Twister don't mean anything and making it sound like a second one is coming in the future - hmm Valravn?

Haven't made my way to the wicked twister midway yet, other observations were Gemini only running the red side, mean streak and Maverick still testing as of a bit ago. Rougabrew is ok, not bad, just blandish, kind of like Amstel Light. I'll stick to the larger beers!

I wonder what happened to cause the epidemic in ride problems today? I'm flying in from Texas to go next Friday and Saturday. I'm sure they'll get the kinks worked out during the week, just hope everything is ready to go next weekend!

Nothing more than opening day bugs I'm sure. It happens every year.