TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

A few notes about the ride....

The ride is very forceful, more than any other floor less I have been on. The right side of the train seemed to be more intense than the left.

There was no rattle on the ride, but a little headbanging. Not enough to really pay too much attention to.

There are 3 trains, but only ran 2. This may have been because of media day .

They have fog and sound effects coming from the swamp area underneath the ride.

A few notes about the ride....

The ride is very forceful, more than any other floor less I have been on. The right side of the train seemed to be more intense than the left.

There was no rattle on the ride, but a little headbanging. Not enough to really pay too much attention to.

There are 3 trains, but only ran 2. This may have been because of media day .

They have fog and sound effects coming from the swamp area underneath the ride.

Which is better? Kraken, but or Rougarou?

I can't wait to ride this... this was a great offseason for Cedar Point between the new Maverick restraints and the Mantis conversion. It's nice to see a park going out of the way to improve two of their existing rides (though I never had a problem with the old Maverick restraints).

People get on the park sometimes for calling this a new coaster but as far as I'm concerned it is, we never ride Mantis... now they have a coaster in it's place that we'll probably ride a lot. Great job Cedar Point!

Good to hear that Rougarou is a great ride. I am especially excited to ride it now that I'm hearing that it's more forceful than Kraken, and I'm a big fan of Kraken .

My recommendation would be to try their special (can't remember the name, but just ask)...it's a blend of about five different kinds of booze with a splash of fruit juice for about $10-12. Believe me, you'll only need one or two to catch a nice buzz!

This sounds like a whole bunch of YAY.

So what about the trim on the drop!?

^There is a testing video on YouTube where Tony Clark jokes about it but confirms it's not on. Rougarou is hauling with the hard wheels, too.

Thanks for the pics Thrillrider! Rougarou looks great and I can't wait to catch a ride tomorrow. Haven't been on a floorless since Dominator as Batman:Knight Flight at SWOA. I loved that shit so I'm excited. Did you happen to notice if they had a fat guy row (row 4 on GateKeeper and Banshee) on the new trains?

I hope every one has a great time at the park mañana.

Thanks for the pics Thrillrider! Rougarou looks great and I can't wait to catch a ride tomorrow. Haven't been on a floorless since Dominator as Batman:Knight Flight at SWOA. I loved that poo-poo so I'm excited. Did you happen to notice if they had a fat guy row (row 4 on GateKeeper and Banshee) on the new trains?

I hope every one has a great time at the park mañana.

Yes, they have the "big boy" seats.

Just to throw in my 2 cents - with no trim on the first drop (I was still getting trimmed on the MCBR), the harder wheels and the warmer temps (it is 88 degrees right now in Sandusky) Rougarou was running nice and fast with a lot of forces. I was getting good airtime pops in the back and you could really feel the positive G's. I'd be shocked if they continue to run the coaster like this in daily operation - maybe tonight for the first rider auction and passholder preview - but I could be wrong. The general public will really like this ride and I thought the first half of the course was great - nice and smooth - I still got some head banging after the MCBR though. The front seat view offers a really cool view below.

The effects were a nice touch - a little mist at the bottom of the first loop - some nice lighting from below - some howls and other sounds emanating from the woods. We'll see how long these last as maintaining effects seem to be low priority for the park - like the station music and tunnel lights in Maverick that seem to come and go. I would say it adds very little to the actual ride experience - but from the midway it adds greatly to the atmosphere. The B&M roar seems a touch less with the new trains - though I learned to tune out Mantis. The signage and station theming are nicely done as well.

As to be expected from Cedar Point (always the gracious host) the event this morning was very well run. Add in great weather, a good crowd, a beautiful view of the sunrise over Lake Erie from the lift hill, a free Rougarou hat and no complainers at this event made for a really great time. I got in about 10 rides and my son got in about 20 - could walk on all morning if you wanted to.

I'm more interested in that area of land they cleared by the marina gate but whatever helps lessen the lines of MF, TTD and Maverick works for me! It's a ride I will only ride going forward if there is almost no line - not something I'd wait more than a few minutes for. With that, I'm not sure if Rougarou was like putting makeup on a pig or more like making lemonade out of a lemon.

Rougarou officially opens to the public on Saturday, May 9th, but today was the big media preview at Cedar Point! Check out these awesome photos & video! I for one am VERY much looking forward to this. I loved Mantis, but didn't love what it did to me. A more comfortable experience on an already GREAT ride, IMO, is a huge, huge WIN! Seriously looking forward to riding this next time I'm at Cedar Point! Hope to hear everyone's thoughts on the ride soon!

Awesome photos & video provided by Cedar Point!

514096540_1Rougarou.thumb.jpg.c0251b5938a8e9262dbb6d809a43d72a.jpg

407794139_2Rougarou.thumb.jpg.2aa97fb8260bf123362bfc6ea90ac5c9.jpg

813117718_3Rougarou.thumb.jpg.5cb6ca3ff3de6074105700ed596969dd.jpg

567726517_4Rougarou.thumb.jpg.06d532bd2d8c6e62b2dab5d739ddf55a.jpg

1629227476_5Rougarou.thumb.jpg.323542b7bd09230f887eba8b747445d9.jpg

342519222_ScreenShot2015-05-08at15_55_03.thumb.png.8b2658445de27034527f49c25456212b.png

20150508_083817_0.thumb.jpg.22ef13906a5184c13dba3ef6e32fc6ca.jpg

Photo by Dave Chapman

Edited by robbalvey

I rode it 20 times this morning and it is definitely better than Mantis. It's so much faster now and very forceful now. The transitions in some seats can really whip you around and if you aren't careful with bracing yourself your head can get tossed around a little bit. It reminds me of a B&M Maverick in terms of transitions. However, it is a smooth ride in terms of the B&M rattle. I rode in every row and it seems like more towards the front or more towards the back is the smoothest on the inside seats. The middle rows have a little bit of a rattle but not too bad. It also seems as if the train has less people in it, it is a little rougher. It still isn't a rough ride, but after 20 rides, my neck is quite sore. My favorite row is the front, but the back row is amazing as well if you're looking for a more intense experience.

image.thumb.jpg.73c1fd485378739f25713995c3434fb5.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.897938d8e8e28d850a83aaedb3fd7717.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e2def962173c126b3fd2574602a60020.jpg